Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:05 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:35 am 
T51 Hybrid

Car: S13 Silbeer and OneEighty wife mobile
That's some fantastic driving mate, congratulations !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:18 pm 
T28

Car: 180sx
Wow you got some skills man
Now I remember your car
Didn't know this was yours at the last drift day

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:15 pm 
T51 Hybrid

Car: S13 Silvia
Nice vid. Great car control.

Gotta learn to drift one day...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:04 am 
T78

Car: xxxxx
cheers fellas, Ive got a few more vids from the day but I'm not going to upload them until I sort out this youtube resizing issue, I think I may have found out though but it means copying all the footage from my camera all over again with a different program :(

Also: I finally got 5 stud hubs, all I need now is to redrill the rotors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:44 pm 
T78

Geez, havent updated this in a while……

Well I got rid of the 5 stud hubs as I now have some better 4 stud wheels and cbf doing rotor redrilling. Car has now been sprayed in Kawasaki Green with a gloss black bonnet and roof. Bodykit is some jetspeed thing which is gayer than aids but I needed a kit ASAP for a dvd shoot and this was all that was available at the last minute…..But I have a vertex kit ready to paint but this is now a bitch since I moved to the eastern suburbs and now have a tiny garage in an apartment complex.

I had some issues with blowing driveshafts but now it has sorted itself out for some reason…..probably because the replacement driveshafts were on their last legs. I ended up melting the ecu wiring harness at a track day when it touched the oil feed line, so that has been fixed up now. I got rid of the twin pipes as they were too loud and replaced it with a cannon muffler, but its still loud thanks to the screamer pipe which Ill be getting plumbed into the exhaust system as marulan wont allow it :( Engine mounts have now been replaced with semi solid mounts……I now have a vibrating car which will keep the gf happy on long drives.

Harness mounting points have been moved up within CAMS specs now…..I have an SSQV and a Blitz DSBC which will go into the car before this weekend just in time for powercruise, which is also why I don’t want to do the bodykit as they like to run water filled barriers on the edge of the track which I will probably tag.

In the next month I plan to change the turbo setup from the Apexi RX6 and ex gate to a T28 Bush bearing internal gate to cut down on costs and so I can have a spare with me at the track in case I blow a turbo, this will mean a tweak to the power FC but I needed it retuned to 98RON fuel anyway so that is fine…..I'll get some pics up soon but the finish isnt too good considering I sprayed it myself in the backyard with single pack acrylic. Colour coats have been done and I still havent sanding it down so it looks a bit meh. I will sand it down though and finish it off with clear coat for a better finish but Ill have to do this at my mates place as I cant spray where I am now.

Basically since the ECU wiring melting issues and me moving I havent really touched the car for 5 months but now I am getting back into it :) will be competing in some drift comps this year and will be starting some time attack in either this car or my 180 daily.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:06 pm 
T28

Car: 93 180sx
i love pig spec ...
car looks phat bro ...
good buy ...
=D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:00 pm 
T78

Doripig no more :(

Well it looks like some pos highway cnt decided that I shouldn’t be on the road anymore, got red stickered on the hume on the way to wakefield so had to get a tow home and missed out on the festivities, fkn grrr.

Now as the car is not registered (or even complied for that matter) I am only allowed to trailer it to and from the track, kinda hard when your other car is a 180. So it looks like the car is a gonner, Im going to strip the bitch down to a rolling shell and try and get a registerable rolling shell to put my running gear into, what a pita :( my other option is to get a daily which can tow it and rent a trailer whenever I go to the track but I don’t want a boring tow car, still want to be able to scoot around in the daily so it looks like im fcked

Last edited by Killabeez on Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:04 pm 
Overlord
Overlord

Car: DeathWagon + Sil80 + Nugget
wait wat?. You were driving an uncomplied car?

What did you get the red sticker for?

Sil80 - SR20DET 231rwkw
Silvia Race Nugget - SR20DET 225rwkw
Stagea - DeathWagon - RB25DET 185rwkw.

My Lame Gallery: http://www.toomuchboost.com/gallery/main.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:49 pm 
T78

Yes car was uncomplied but I had a permit for it, red stickered for exhaust, pod, wheels, fmic, bald tyres, no horn, no front and rear bars. Guess I was kinda pushing it with the lack of bodywork, front tyres had camber wear below the markers but I felt safer on them considering the other tyres I brought with were semi slicks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:21 pm 
TO4

Car: Mazda 3 MPS
So a red sticker is the touch your toes and rubber glove treatment, do not pass go, etc? Can you get it back on the road?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:37 pm 
T78

yeah red sticker is bad, I wont be able to get it cleared as it needs a full inspection AND its not complied, it was brought in under the pre-89 rule so can be complied but I cbf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 11:04 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: 180SX
That sucks sooo much.
But as you said the lack of body work was not the best bet when running past the cops.

Let us know what happens with the car....
if you start stripping, I call the bonnet! :P

Rolling shell for when you break the 180 might be the good idea :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:42 pm 
T04 Hybrid

Car: Zenki S14
Hard luck and unfortunate end to its road going life, however it was quite the risk running the appearance and noise it was on the street.

I met you at the last DriftMob JapKhana mid May, I was in the green S14 S1 with black wheels driving on the day.

Nice driving, you got skill! :)

Cheers,
Grant

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:16 pm 
T78

hey vex33d, yeah I remember u from the motorkhana day, it was fun but pity it was such low speed, ah well how can u go wrong for 50 smackers.

yeah it was always a risk but I always thought it was legal to do so and you couldnt defect un unregistered car, hmm guess I was wrong

After some careful thinking it looks like I will be stripping all the goodies out of this car and returning it to a stock rolling shell and selling it, someone will probably have a use for it if they have a tow car, I contemplated getting a tow car daily but cant do it, I want a 180 daily and thats final.

Still undecided on what to do for a replacement track car, might end up turning my 180 daily into a track pig and getting another 180 for a daily, or just getting a registerable rolling shell and putting my driveline from the s13 into it, ah decisions decisions.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:15 am 
T78

The stripping has begun :(

Bonnet, Apexi RX6 turbo setup, catch can, strut braces, and rolling shell up for sale, PM me if interested