Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:27 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:37 pm 
T28

Car: 1994 Nissan RPS13 SR20DET blacktop
Hi everyone!
My martial arts school has a few members representing in Australia's got talent... They flew through the first rounds and now are at the semi finals... U can catch their performance on THIS Wednesday the 18th at 7:00pm on CHANNEL 7... Hakan (21 years old), Lincoln (9 years old) and Eleni's (9 years old) performance will take your breath away! Please support them by voting if you can!

This is a video of their first audition in front of the judges (careful, it's loud)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouoGbZ90GBM

What you will be seeing on Wednesday are the semi finals, it's vote dependent, and voting is what determines who makes it into the final. It only takes a phone call and lines are open for 2 days! The number will displayed on the show.

I'll make a deal, if they make it into victory, I'll upload onto youtube, this wretched video of the entry I made into Australian idol in 2004... Hahaha Yes I made an entry onto Australian idol 2004 for shits n giggles... If my team wins this thanks to all your votes... I'll upload that sucker!

Feel free to check out some other vids of my schoolmates on my blog
http://ph11ps.blogspot.com/search/label/martial%20arts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:14 am 
T28

Car: S13 DRIFT PIG
hahah awsome mann they are good i think those 9year olds would put me on my ass bahaha they got my vote :P

www.driftpigs.co.nr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:43 am 
T28

hahaha thanks... These guys are talented, but above they they work HARD, they've put in alot of effort into their last performance which airs this Wednesday... Cant wait 2 see it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:30 pm 
T28

One more sleep guys! Tomorrow night it's on! I'll be posting the number to call, and the number to SMS here after I come home from training (which fondly enough will be amongst Australias newest stars)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:59 pm 
Token Old Guy

Car: 180SX
Not sure why the judges found that so great, as it was a very average display of martial arts, I for one am a traditionalist and do not believe in exploiting martial arts for entertainment.

Let’s take a look at the no-kata at the beginning (presumably one of the kushanku or Bassai family) it lacked timing, breathing, kime and appropriate speed and movement.

All those fancy kicks would land you flat on your back, during my tournament days I knew a number of karateka that would have no problems putting away anyone trying those sorts of antics.

Probably the most impressive of the 3 was the young boy at least he was getting his head around before each kick.

And that bit at the end... the last time I saw a display like that was the joke they called Tae Kwon Do at the Olympics.

If people must exploit karate-do for entertainment sake, please at least open the dictionary (kata) first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:34 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: S15
They might be "exploiting martial arts for entertainment" to get the sport out there. Without publicity, the sport wouldn't be able to grow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:28 am 
Token Old Guy

Car: 180SX
Karate-Do is not suffering any lack of interest (maybe finding it hard to get into the Olympics in place of Tae Kwon Do which has no business being there. Last Olympics was like comparing a Daewoo to a Aston Martin the level of skill was that low).

Flash and carry on only encourages the wrong kind of people to martial arts not the serious practitioner. If they want to promote the art, why not have someone perform a well executed kata. I’m not talking fancy tournament kata, I am talking real dojo kata.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:15 pm 
T28

Hahaha thanks for th input guys! So please help out by voting!

A simple phonecall to 1902553332 OR sms "martial" to 19977772

Remember if these guys win Australia's got talent 2009, I'll upload the shocking effort I made for Australian idol 2004!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU_W1RTtFfM

Please be encouraged to share your thoughts and recommendations for their next performance should they pass... 182GO thank you for your feedback...