Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:39 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Police Double standards?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:47 am 
T28 Hybrid

Car: 89 Skyline GT-R, Onevia Project and a PRIUS :P
I was driving into the city tonight, came off the m4 onto church street parra, then turned onto parramatta road as everyone does to avoid the tolls and the police had a defect bay set up there again...

But what really shit me the most was a couple of cars ahead of me there were 3 v8 commodores, a purple supercharged vr/vs, a vt series one and a vt series 2, all 3 cars were dropped off their tits (no offence to the women on these forums) with what looked like 22 inch chromies and were scrubbing like crazy, and what do the cops do?

they just let the 3 commodores go past without even looking twice at them. I was in my mums prius which i affectinately know as the little electric buggy so i was pretty safe, but then i thaught to myself "geez im so lucky i decided to leave my 180 at home". God only know how many of us they would have pulled over and defected tonight.

And these guys in the commodores what were they doing all the way into the city, each set of lights they'd jump out of the cars and shake eachothers car, running around thier cars doing happylaps for laughs, the guy in the supercharged vr/vs had his system turned up that much that i thaught his subs had materialised into my boot and was shaking the crap outta my little electric buggy.

My mate was in the car with me loves loude systems and he was even getting the shits, come on i mean a system and The Artist formerly known as Prince dont go together at all!

Anyways back to my point, they were acting like the hooligans they were next to the cops, and the good old boys in blue just turned the blind eye to them!

Come on NSW Police, you go out and defect car enthusiasts like us, but when you see nutters in as i like to call them "Hotted Up Family Cars" you just let em go. Ahh man it just gave me the shits something bad.

Sorry for the huge post and all the ranting and raving but, just what do you guys think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:40 am 
T28 Hybrid

Car: '97 180sx Type X
I think its not your place to decide what can and cant be played on someones car stereo.

where is the double standard? you didnt get tagged, they didnt get tagged, whats the problem?

whos to say you WOULD get tagged if you were in your car?

do you know what double standard means?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:44 am 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
What he's trying to say is the police didn't ping the obviously defectable commodores,driven by wankers behaving badly,when they most likely would have pulled over an import,whether or not the driver was doing anything wrong.
THAT is a double standard. If that's what he's referring to,then I agree,as I see it a lot,and have been on the receiving end myself in the past.

I'll even go one further and include normal cars. I see a hell of a lot of cars in the course of my work that really shouldn't still be on the road,but are,as the required (by the RTA to pass rego) maintennance standards are so fucking poor.
the majority of imports,and local performance cars are maintained to a high standard,as the owner takes more of an interest in the car than it just being something that you put fuel into when it's empty,then turn the key and go do whatever else is more important.
I'm constantly amazed by customers who argue over whether their brakes should need to be replaced after having lasted for ~40,000km, and how cheaply can we fix it for,or why we charged them $5 for adjusting the aim of their headlights because 'they work don't they?'. one pointing at the sky,and the other at the dirt....or 'why do I need tyres?' when the front pair are bald and cracking...
they'll get waved on by by the police,but the evo lancer with the aftermarket exhaust,or the silvia with an FMIC will get pulled in quicksmart.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:23 pm 
T78 Hybrid

Car: 93' 180sx
I have to agree with fergo on this one

If anyone saw the news last night it had a story about hoons (yet again) and while the story was being introduced by the newsreader the picture in the top left of the screen showed the rear end of an r33 skyline.

Funnily enough there wasnt an import to be seen in the 8 minutes of video footage displaying hoons racing and doing burnouts (and the crash on the M4 the other night involving the fords).

The only cars on these videos were holdens and fords yet to entice viewers to watch it they displayed the pic of the skyline.

We modify our cars to handle better, brake better and overall make it safer to drive yet its frowned upon by the law. Maybe we should be rewarded for our effort and given something of a discount on rego or insurance for making our cars safer instead of being targeted by police and dubbed "hoons".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:56 am 
TO4

Car: s15
well i heard that next 2-3 weeks cops gonna be tough on the weekend in the city kingscross bondi n surrounding areas.. targetting hoons
jst a head up =]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:07 pm 
T78 Hybrid

i like how they use the words "targetting hoons" yet all they'll end up doing is targetting modified cars and imports.

If they were really targetting hoons they'd be out looking for illegal street racing venues or driving around looking for people racing, speeding and doing burnouts.

that does not include pulling imports over (without reason) claiming random breath testing just so they can defect the crap out of you then add you to their list of what they consider "HOONS".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:19 pm 
Twin T51

Car: 200sx s15
completely agree with you stallion180..

i don't know if this would be related, but i was cruising back home along pittwater road wed night and my boy who drives a SS ute (light blue custom paint, lowered, mirror tints etc) compared to my pretty stock looking s15.. he's going about 120km/h in a 60 zone and shoots past me, cop pulls of side street unless they are blind they clearly would have seen him (hell, heard for that matter) fly past. they sit behind me almost the whole way home!! don't go after him at all.

not like i am wishing anything on him of course ;) but it just frustrated me. it shows that they clearly are after having a power trip over defecting imports :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:23 pm 
T78 Hybrid

your boys a HOON lol

perfect example of what i said

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:26 pm 
Twin T51

i know, and yes he is. and he is meant to be wearing in his new gearbox! this is his 2nd gearbox.

:roll: i wonder whyyy
lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:30 pm 
T78 Hybrid

good example tho-

holden-speeding-illegal mod (mirror tints)-attention grabbing colour

vs

stock lookin import

-import gets followed= complete joke

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:07 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
~bb~ wrote:
i know, and yes he is. and he is meant to be wearing in his new gearbox! this is his 2nd gearbox.

:roll: i wonder whyyy
lol

so your BF cant drive well then i take it?? lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:23 pm 
Twin T51

Stallion180, exactly my thoughts! well my only real mods (appearance wise) were my tail lights, but my car isnt slammed on its arse with massive bling. and it aint loud either when im just putting along at 60km/h..

hahahaha! maybe Zei ... shhh!!

he tankslaps bad when he gets it sideways. plus he put a shifter in it, and didn't get it aligned with the box hence why it slowely wore (the last one) + his driving. the current one is aligned at least.... just needs to improve driving skills!

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:25 pm 
T78 Hybrid

holden-sideways....not very common to use those words together unless your robbie bolger...

(chirpies dont count)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:58 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
holdens see plenty of sideways motion. it's just more often than not UN-intentional gutter-to-gutter tank slapping after a powerslide.

"I'll give it a hit put of this corner and drift it yo... weee...oh shit,too much,too much that way,ahh,gutter...ahh,whew,that was close..."

then they'll go and brag to their mates about their 'drifting' skills. :roll:

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:57 pm 
T78 Hybrid

i doubt the guy in the holden ute who crashed behind me last friday night would be bragging to anyone :lol:

unless he told of the evil underpowered import that blocked his line of drift and had to swerve to avoid his tank running over the little toy import

haha still cracks me up