Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:43 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:06 pm 
T03

Car: R33
Few quick questions

Have you travelled around europe in winter? If so please share your experiences in regards to the weather lol.
Is it really that cold or is it only the northen part of europe?

I just booked my tickets to london today WOOT!! Leaving 1st dec and come back 19th jan.

This is the plan so far.

1st stop - till last stop

London
Moroco
Spain
France
Monoco
Top half of Italy
Austria (viena)
Hungray (Budapest)
Germany (not to sure which cities)
Amsterdam (last stop)

^ this is our plan anyways. Nothing final and most likely to change

Anyways why winter? Well i finish uni this year and before i start my full time work next year i thought i travel.

So please share you experiences and where you have travelled.

Im most likley backpacking around. Perhaps in one or two cities i will live it up in some good hotels hahah..

Also were do you think i should be for new years? lol

Ta

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:55 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
geez nice long holiday!! i went over to the UK for 4 weeks in the middle of winter. was freezing as hell, and it was the first time they had seen proper snow in 4 years.

it wasnt that bad, things were still open, plenty to do and see. and the scenery is VERY picturesque in the middle of winter.

i cant say much for the rest of europe, but im doing italy in 6 weeks for a month. so ill let you know how the middle of summer is :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:35 pm 
T66

Car: Black S15 Spec R '01
Hey i did Europe in winter as well.

i went to: Denmark, Czech Republic, Spain, England, Holland, Germany.

it was pretty cold, but nothing to cry about. i bought a nice warm jacket in Denmark and i used that for most of the trip.

had an awesome time backpacking. for parts of the trip i was by myself, but i met up with friends and stayed with friends along the way.

i was in Praha (Prague) for new years eve. drinking long island iced teas in the build up to the fireworks in old town square, it was great!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:53 pm 
T03

Car: RED S15
I havent been on a Europe trip before but would like too ... Man im jealous!! ...

How much was the air tickets dude?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:36 pm 
T03

ZEi250t wrote:
geez nice long holiday!! i went over to the UK for 4 weeks in the middle of winter. was freezing as hell, and it was the first time they had seen proper snow in 4 years.

it wasnt that bad, things were still open, plenty to do and see. and the scenery is VERY picturesque in the middle of winter.

i cant say much for the rest of europe, but im doing italy in 6 weeks for a month. so ill let you know how the middle of summer is :P

Italy would be awesome :P Would love to go in middle of summer however i have uni and still need to save up more money :P

Yes please do let me know!! you planning to travel all around italy? How about the top part of italy? If so deff let me know how it turned out..

Timo wrote:
Hey i did Europe in winter as well.

i went to: Denmark, Czech Republic, Spain, England, Holland, Germany.

it was pretty cold, but nothing to cry about. i bought a nice warm jacket in Denmark and i used that for most of the trip.

had an awesome time backpacking. for parts of the trip i was by myself, but i met up with friends and stayed with friends along the way.

i was in Praha (Prague) for new years eve. drinking long island iced teas in the build up to the fireworks in old town square, it was great!

Would it be better buying all the warm jackets here? By that i mean is it cheaper here or over there?

What was the temps like when you went? I heard prague is a little overrated? but im sure there are still some beautiful things to see there..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:42 pm 
T03

AK56 wrote:
I havent been on a Europe trip before but would like too ... Man im jealous!! ...

How much was the air tickets dude?

Tickets to london cost me 2.3k including taxes.

got quoted 351 for insurance.

Then will fly local planes to few cities (dont know the cost yet).. Also will buy a eurorail pass (dont know cost just yet).

I mean roughly i know how much it will cost, but we still gotta decide what locations we wanna travel too..

First step was buying tickets to get there hahah..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:53 pm 
Twin T51

Went in winter, was pretty cold. Went England and France, it was pretty good, though I caught a flu, not enough sleep etc and bootcamp/greedy style tourist behaviour where you try to see everything.

180sx/s13 stuff for sale- http://forum.silviansw.com/viewtopic.php?t=30110

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:52 pm 
T66

Car: Black S15 Spec R '01
Siddr20 wrote:
Would it be better buying all the warm jackets here? By that i mean is it cheaper here or over there?

What was the temps like when you went? I heard prague is a little overrated? but im sure there are still some beautiful things to see there..

i only brought with me a jumper and a jacket, which i had to wear at the same time to stay warm. i figured if i was going overseas i may as well get some nice foreign clothes, so price didnt really figure. i suppose you could get the jackets from here, but i wanted something that i could go out in, like clubbing. i was looking for warm jackets here, but couldnt really find anything that didnt look like a ski jacket. I think you'll find better stuff over there as those countries have colder weather, so would more likely have better suited stuff for those climates.

the jacket i bought in Denmark was 300 Krone (i think its Krone in Denmark?), dont know the current exchange rate, but it wasnt heaps expensive. its now my favourite jacket, i wear it all the time in winter hehe

it wasn't really that cold, i heard from the locals when i was there that it was a pretty mild winter. it didnt even snow much. just put on your beer coat and you'll be fine :)