Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:19 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:00 am 
T88 Hybrid

Car: Nissan silvia s13
Ark, I was using Justin's statement to show that he is able to explain his point of view in a very in depth view and I am not saying his argument is right for everyone has peoples opinion would differ. The distinction I am making about Justin and E hondas is he is just saying this and that without any sort of justification into his argument.

The thing with whenever Justin gets heavily involved into an issue at least even if I dont agree with him I can at least still be able to draw merit from his point of view.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:12 am 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
I don't think ANYONE is arguing FOR the way the animal was culled.

I've said as much several times now,the kid didn't kill it in the most humane manner. that IS regrettable.

what the point of contention seems to be is the quick,non-thought-out opinion formed by some that this case is an example of why all gun ownership is bad,and therefore,people who own them or sell them are evil,and must be punished.

my drawing other sports into it,was to illustrate that not everyone has the same interests,and to suggest that people should consider that before quite strongly denouncing one that they may not find interesting.

I don't tell other people what sort of music they should like based on MY personal preferences,I don't see why I should have to defend my choice of sport from the same sort of attack.

this IS a case where that cliched 'each to their own' statement is actually valid.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:33 am 

Car: MKV Golf
Aside from all the above, I can't believe no-one has questioned the authenticity of that picture. :P

That pig seems waaaaay to big for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:43 am 
Quad T04

Car: XR4
fergo308 wrote:
Mandy wrote:
And i also agree with Serial Killa, i hate guns, and anyone who sells them should be shot eight times over three hours and left for dead.

yeah,that makes perfect sense.

I say we should ban cars. they kill people all the time. let's find the descendants of carl benz and run them over repeatedly. that makes about as much sense as what you've just posted.

next you'll tell me that monster was someone's pet and wouldn't hurt a fly.

I shoot for sport. I use handguns,and I put holes in cardboard,or knock down sillhouettes,and try and do it better than the guy standing next to me.
it's what I enjoy and I'll be fucked if I'll just sit back when I'm told my sport is less valid than whatever you people find to be acceptable.

it's legal,less dangerous a sport than anything else you can name,and internationally recognised. is rubgy league in the olympics? no. hand gun,rifle and shotgun shooting sports are.

I think the NRL is pathetic,but I don't feel the need to post crap about it and look down on those that enjoy it. how about you anti-gun people try and do me the same courtesy.

I've already said that I didn't agree with how this particular animal was destroyed,but I don't see how this kid killing it in a less-than-perfect way equates to all gun ownership being stupid and evil. that kind of ignorant thinking is what causes problems in our society,not what solves them.

some wild animals require culling. the best and most humane way of doing this is often with firearms. a single shot with an appropriately sized bullet is fast,and does not cause suffering. culling of animals like that pig (although not quite as large) is not only common in this country,it's encouraged. feral animals are bad for our environment and this form of removal is in our best interests.

just FYI,hunting with handguns is illegal in Australia.

Blazn: a .50cal is fine,but not a handgun round. something with a heavier bullet,and a bit more powder behind it. the kind of wildcat round you'd take an elephant down with is what I had in mind. or the .50 M2 machine gun rounds that they use in the full-powered sniper rifles.

as for glocks,they're fine if you have to carry one all day,and use them only in emergencies,but for sporting use,I don't particularly like them. they're too light,and the controls are smaller than I like. the trigger takes a bit of getting used to as well. single action autos have the nicest feel from my experience. the glock's pull is too long,and the safety action trigger just doesn't feel right to me.

Jin: Desert eagles are pretty damned big handguns. I don't see the point in them to be honest.
a normal framed semi auto in something like .40S&W with a dozen rounds in a magazine is plenty of handgun for most tasks. anything that you'd want more stopping power for,your first reaction should be to reach for a rifle or shotgun,not a larger handgun.
handguns are good only for pretty short ranges,beyond about 30m they're not especially accurate.
desert eagles are mostly intimidation value. pull one of those out and you likely won't have to use it. people will surrender before a round needs to be fired.

either of you ever shot an STI? they're the brand of choice for most of the serious guys in my club. I'll most likely be buying a 9mm springfield 1911 early next year for general target work,but will be buying an STI trojan in .38super when I get a bit more serious and enter more competitions.

Justin...

I couldnt even be bothered reading all that shit. I'm sorry i dont like guns. I am wrong for having an opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:47 am 
Overlord
Overlord

Car: DeathWagon + Sil80 + Nugget
BT wrote:
Aside from all the above, I can't believe no-one has questioned the authenticity of that picture. :P

Also if you have a look at the official website http://www.monsterpig.com/ , I reckon the pig is very different in size in the various pictures.

Sil80 - SR20DET 231rwkw
Silvia Race Nugget - SR20DET 225rwkw
Stagea - DeathWagon - RB25DET 185rwkw.

My Lame Gallery: http://www.toomuchboost.com/gallery/main.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:55 am 
Overlord
Overlord

Car: DeathWagon + Sil80 + Nugget
JIN S13 wrote:
have u thought about the damages those things do to our natural environment and also to other native animals, think about the sheer horror that they may have to suffer. Overall, I much prefer to have our native animals and enviornment flourish than an introduced species casuing destruction.

Those boars do virtually no damage to the environment compared to the most damaging creatures on Earth - Humans... Humans introduced boars to America from Europe in the 1500's. That makes us ultimately responsible. Does that justify hunting and killing humans?

I'm sure you will find that the boar does kill some native animals, but only what it needs to survive. It sure as hell wouldn't hunt down defenseless animals just for fun.

Sil80 - SR20DET 231rwkw
Silvia Race Nugget - SR20DET 225rwkw
Stagea - DeathWagon - RB25DET 185rwkw.

My Lame Gallery: http://www.toomuchboost.com/gallery/main.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:01 am 

too_much_boost wrote:
BT wrote:

Also if you have a look at the official website http://www.monsterpig.com/ , I reckon the pig is very different in size in the various pictures.

Good find! That site kinda swayed me into thinking it is real! Except it looks smaller in the shot of the tractor hauling it away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 1:40 pm 
Banned

Car: 1991 RPS13 180SX
Well the plot of the movie agrees with the majority of us; Killing the animal for fun is bad.

The Legend Of Hogzilla wrote:
Nearly one year after the death of his wife, Chris Griffin, a hard working man of the land, finds himself desperately hunting the monster that murdered her.
Dr. Jessica Hardy and her students have no idea what they’re getting themselves into researching a thriving mosquito population deep in the south GA. Woods, death ensues as Hogzilla a near mythological boar terrorizes the group. This horrifyingly shocking story is sure to keep people out of the woods and on the edge of their seats. Chris Griffin VS. Hogzilla in, THE LEGEND OF HOGZILLA.

What sort of movie would it be if the plot was "Kid goes looking for shit to shoot, finds a big pig, torchers it for 3 hours before killing it"?
Thats right, it would raise arms world wide saying what a horrendous film of injustice it was. Changing the plot to say that the pig, sorry, 'Hogzilla' was killing people, changes the kid from a disgusting pig himself, into a hero.

Also, is anybody else amused by the "quality" of the work so far? I'd say the 11yo wrote that blurb.

Im supporting Justins' arguement on this topic. Jin; the reason youre getting abuse here is because you disputed Ryans' opinion, which was saying that the animal was killed in a terrible manner. Disputing an opinion like that, is the same as agreeing with the claim (thus, you think a 3 hour hunt is fine).
If thats NOT the opinion you hold, then perhaps you should take a leaf from Justins' book, and CLEARLY explain what you are trying to say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:00 pm 

If you want a laugh, check out the negative and positive comments.

Some Dickhead wrote:
great job!!! need more men like you and your pops. (less money spent on prisons) If you ever need a hunting partner, Just call.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:09 pm 
T78

Car: 180SX Kouki
Yeah.. Hunting for a 'Sport' is perfectly fine, i find no problem what so ever with firearms being used for sport, as long as that sport doesn't entail prolongued torture of another living creature... hell, i don't even like the idea of hunting animals for 'Sport' as many others do.. it's just like rounding up 10 randoms, tagging them, then settin em free in the woods, givin em a 10minute headstart.. then announcing "the hunt begins" followed by chasing them down and shooting em.. at least make things 'Fair Game' if you plan to do those things.. give em a chance to fight back! go get yourself some big claws and go fight some bears hand to hand... fair game hunts are fun right?!

Fuckwits that just go out slaughtering helpless things deserve to meet the same fate they bestow upon many other previously living creatures they had found.. and make it all ok by proclaiming is a sport.. fuck that, like the shit you mentioned about the olympic shooting... i don't quite see them letting loose some rounded up animals for the riflemen/women to shoot... they use inanimate objects which they propel into the air and such don't they? . . . big difference between hunting with guns and shooting for sport..

My Two Cents.. <ignore any typo's or mis-worded things.. end of lunch break n had to type this quick>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:25 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: R33 GTR
Does anyone know the times between the shots put into the pig? because that would show wether they were just being dickheads or trying to put it out of its pain.....

but if i saw a pig that big... id shoot it.. i get hungry ask Ark

mrsil80 wrote:
im the ass-clown award winner

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:27 pm 
Banned

Car: 1991 RPS13 180SX
Its true. Kyle would eat the whole thing in one.. maybe two sittings.

Kyle, youre fat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:24 pm 
Quad T88

Car: S15
JIN S13 wrote:
For someone that claims he lives in the northern beaches u are not that bright are u and think very narrow minded. Grow up and learn the bigger picture kid and have some sort of argument in place like Justin has, instead of some of your own boy scout opinions.

Claim? It's where i live, wtf. Are people who live on the northern beaches all bright or something? Narror minded? What, because i think the killing of an animal over 3 hours with a handgun is wrong?

JIN S13 wrote:
The distinction I am making about Justin and E hondas is he is just saying this and that without any sort of justification into his argument.

The thing with whenever Justin gets heavily involved into an issue at least even if I dont agree with him I can at least still be able to draw merit from his point of view.

Christ you are retarded. Why do i need to justify the killing of an animal is wrong. No one was arguing that, everyone knows it's wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:48 pm 
Twin T51

Car: S15 SILVIA
Im suprised that so many people have such strong opinions about a topic which they know not alot about. Just cus weapons kill people doesn make them bad, and people who go hunting arent automatically killers and inhumane! alot of people have said as long as culling is done with one shot and quick its ok. trust me shooting a decent size living target and killing isnt as easy as it sounds. you would need a circulatory shot (spine or brain) to obtain a instant kill without suffering. ive seen targets take up to 8 7.62 HPS (.308) rounds and still be alive, easily.

Alot of people dont like weapons and detest firearms. just wait till you would need the assistance of someone with a firearm to help or save you, then im pretty sure youd like them.

Pro Concept = Where all my fuckups get fixed!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:07 pm 
Quad T88

Car: S15
I don't think people have a problem with guns, or even hunting to a degree, but it was just the way this animal was killed that drew some attention.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next