Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 12:20 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cops!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:01 am 
TO4

Car: 200sx & 180sx
Well just tonight at around 830 i got done for street racing. The cop was going to inpound my car, give me a massive fine and defect my car also. We were there for awhile talking & in the end after filling him in on some stuff he let me off with a warning & told me to pull my head in.

The coppa kept looking over at the silviansw.com sticker with his flashie so i thought mayb he'd check the site out.. Anyways... If u read this not only did u save me my licence, car & a shit load of money, u also saved me my career with defence.

My hat goes off to ya dude!!!! My faith in decent coppers has been restored.

Has anyone else been given a second chance or had any good experiences with the police or am i just the luckiest person in the west?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:17 am 
Banned

Car: 1991 RPS13 180SX
Ive never had a cop let me off, but ive had a few who fined me for what I did wrong, and explained why it was stupid (father type speech) - I respect that, and learn from my mistakes.

The only time ive done something wrong, and would have found it nice and humane to be let off, was when I drove my 180 without P plates. I had been driving the 31 for 2 months while the 180 was off the road, and of course when the 180 first ran after that time, I went off to work in it without thinking about transferring the Ps back from the 31..
First time ever without Ps, and I got stalked. (Had a cop waiting for 30mins out front of my work for me).

Ive met a few cops who are total pricks and give the rest of them a bad name. Acusing me of street racing because im a pizzaboy? Go eat ten.

One thing I always found funny was when I was "pulled over for a random breath test" (at least once a week), and with the cop being extremely rude, after seeing my gold licence (bike), their tone insantly changed from 'bloody P plater in a shitbox riceburner' (exact words of one cop), to 'have a nice day sir'.
Im not on my Ps any more, and funnily enough, havent been pulled over since getting the gold car licence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:30 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S15
As I said your a very lucky girl Sarah!!

I bet you just batted your eyelids and said "I'm sowiiii" :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:53 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: 1985 AE86 Levin Coupe
Wow, this reminds me of the time we were screaming down OP in my mats FC... 2 15's and a 13 in the distance (in the rearview mirror :P ) and we drove past a Highway Patrol...

What happend next...

Well...

:o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:54 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Monster wrote:
Wow, this reminds me of the time we were screaming down OP in my mats FC... 2 15's and a 13 in the distance (in the rearview mirror :P ) and we drove past a Highway Patrol...

What happend next...

Well...

:o

We got off scott free!!

There are good coppas out there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:15 am 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
I've been let off a few times as well. most of it is your attitude.

hell,I got away with drifting on the wrong side of the road turning onto william street in peak hour afternoon traffic in my S14 that had mismatched wheels,no cat and was too low. I was also suspended at the time. I got a warning. was a stupid thing to do,and I said as much to the copper and apologised.
sometimes you get decent guys,other times,you don't.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:20 am 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
ive been let off for stuff too. i guess over years they can tell if you are full of shit. and a genuine reason for you doing something is probably enough for them, even if its 'i was just having some fun' you didnt lie. i guess its enough for some of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:49 pm 
Quad T88

Yeah i've been let off a few times, although they say i'll be getting the fine in the mail every time. Most have actually stopped me from going back to that area also. Usually get the threat "if i ever see your car here again i'll confiscate it", they probably can't, but i don't risk it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:15 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S13
Magnet wrote:
Yeah i've been let off a few times, although they say i'll be getting the fine in the mail every time. Most have actually stopped me from going back to that area also. Usually get the threat "if i ever see your car here again i'll confiscate it", they probably can't, but i don't risk it.

I think that's more to do with them not WANTING your N/A-mobile ;)

I've been let off before. Over taking on the inside lane, while doing about 10kph over the limit (50 zone). There was an R33 there as well so they assumed I was racing him, when I wasn't.
The fact that the same cop had pulled me over about 5 hours earlier about my P plates not being displayed properly (thankfully I fixed that up before being pulled over again) may have helped me somewhat, although I didn't think that at the time!
She told me that was my licence gone and how stupid I was etc, and that if I wasn't under 1 minute's drive from my house they wouldn't have let me even drive home. She said the fine would be in the mail.
I was packing it big time.
Funny enough, nothing happened. Now, about 3 years later, I'm on a full licence, have all my points and I think I drive alot more carefully now. Now the police don't look twice at me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:53 pm 
Quad T88

SamBo wrote:
I think that's more to do with them not WANTING your N/A-mobile ;)

I've never had under the bonnet checked, they don't know it's NA, they're more concerned with catching Captain Chaos :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:22 pm 
T78

Car: 180SX Kouki
I do believe Sarah is the luckiest gal this side of the west o_o i need you to be a permanent passenger in my car =/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:26 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

heerohua wrote:
I do believe Sarah is the luckiest gal this side of the west o_o i need you to be a permanent passenger in my car =/

Hehe i still reckon Daniel the Giant would be a safe bet for a passenger :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:13 pm 
T78

Car: 180SX Kouki
Nah, he doesn't fit in my car very much... :-?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:24 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: 1990 S13 CA18DET
Lovin-That-80, i can't say I've ever had the same treatment and it seems you met a very lenient cop. However one thing I can atest to is P-Platers getting targeted on the roads.

Last night I was next to a CV8 Monaro. we both had loud-ish exhausts and gunned it from the lights down a straight road. something was telling me to taje it easy so I ended up slowing all the way down to about 70-75 (limit was 70). the Monaro did a fly-by (as they do) and pulled in front of me, slowing down to the same speed as me.

all was well until I looked in the rear-view and there was a cop that zipped through the cars behind to catch up. the cop was directly at my bumper and i was dead certain I was going to get pulled over as it was obvious that I was speeding!

but the cop car over took me on the inside lane and pulled up in front of me. as he did so, he started flashing his lights too. He ended up pulling over the Monaro instead of me.. you guessed it, the Monaro had it's Green-P's on which they would've spotted from further back up the road.

Car PC from Nuvo Technology!
7" auto touchscreen, VIA MII12000 board, Bluetooth Phone, WiFi, GPS, 100GB HD, 512MB RAM all in a complete package :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:39 pm 

Car: MKV Golf
Yeah, we always get let off here on the Northern Beaches. 8)

I got pulled over in the VR after fanging left out of a side street at the Mall and in front of all the morning commuters, fishtailing down Condamine street. The cop on a bike caught up to me, pulled me over and after I was very apologetic, gave me a warning and let me go. Gold licence and no fines whatsoever in nearly 10 years probably helped a little too. :wink: