It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:43 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:17 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S15
JIN S13 wrote:
I hate companies or businesses that advertise and than thye end up getting someone else. Sometimes those bastards would advertise just to promote the name of the business and not actually employ anyone at all!!!!!

They can do what they want but it made me angry when i ring up after the 1 day advertised and its gone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:26 am 
T88 Hybrid

Car: Nissan silvia s13
in theory there are laws that is meant to protect people against that, but seriously u are right companies can do wahtever they want.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:26 pm 
Quad T04

Car: XR4
Blazn' 180 wrote:
Mandy wrote:
if the sales pitch doesnt work then he can just threaten them into a car!

Your boyfriend really doesnt look that threatening!

I meant serial killa not my boyfriend!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:33 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S15
I look less theatening than your boyfriend! :lol:

But I use that to an advantage. No one suspects the white boy driving a 200sx :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:23 am 
T88 Hybrid

Its the damn wages that make many people stay away from trades sometimes......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 6:59 am 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
that'd be most of the time. why the fuck would you work a four year contract for macdonalds wages so that at the end of it,you can be looked down upon and treated like you're unclean filth by office juniors that earn more than you do,and be told all the time by people who have no concept of what your job is that you're incompetent,and are ripping them off?

it's only the building trades that can keep people,as there's so many people who want to do renovations now that that's the in thing that they can afford to pay their workers properly.

unless someone gets serious about trades the numbers of qualified tradesmen are just going to keep falling. if can you earn more money,aren't covered in shit all day,and don't cop attitude from people who couldn't even do your job if they tried,why wouldn't you sit in an office an shuffle papers instead?

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:33 pm 
Quad T78

Car: S14a
fergo308 wrote:
that'd be most of the time. why the fuck would you work a four year contract for macdonalds wages so that at the end of it,you can be looked down upon and treated like you're unclean filth by office juniors that earn more than you do,and be told all the time by people who have no concept of what your job is that you're incompetent,and are ripping them off?

it's only the building trades that can keep people,as there's so many people who want to do renovations now that that's the in thing that they can afford to pay their workers properly.

unless someone gets serious about trades the numbers of qualified tradesmen are just going to keep falling. if can you earn more money,aren't covered in shit all day,and don't cop attitude from people who couldn't even do your job if they tried,why wouldn't you sit in an office an shuffle papers instead?
Could'nt have said it beter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:16 pm 
T88 Hybrid

True but sometimes u want to pursuit your passion and be in a job which u are happy to come to. Maybe some people dont want to be covered with filth and etc, but maybe there are some other factors that may influence them to stay. For me for example if I did decide to take on a trade apprectiship of course its going to be a big pay cut but at least maybe I can keep on being happy to come to work where money isnt the only factor..........

Just my two cent. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:25 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
that's fine too,IF you can live on the lower wages. most people,myself included find that difficult.

I do enjoy my job (most of the time of course,it has it's moments...),and am sticking with it for this reason,as well as the fact that I couldn't hack an office job. I like to have tangible,real results in my hands at the end of the day,so I can see that I've achieved something for my effort. sitting behind a screen and filling out forms and altering details in a database doesn't count as work to me. that's tedium that you get paid to endure.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:28 pm 
Admin Team
Admin Team

Car: Hello Kitty!
If you are willing to work 6 days a week and can handle a shovel, come work as a labourer take home about 1k a week

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:33 pm 
Quad T78

Car: S14a
If you are willing to work 5 days a week be yelled at get dirty do all the shit that no one else want to do, take home less than all your friends and familly. Go become a 1st year :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:37 pm 
Admin Team
Admin Team

Car: Hello Kitty!
If you're really a glutton for punishment spend 3 years getting an arts degree which qualifies you for packing shelves and answering phones :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:44 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: R33 GTSt, 180sx, TT Soarer
I love my job. I have been an Airbrush Artist for 7 years now, and I love going to work. It took a long time to become stable, but it was worth the hard times.

I work in more paint shops in a year than any spray painter would ever work in, in thier entire career. Most painters I have come across don't really enjoy thier job much. Unless you are in a shop doing custom paint jobs, it is usually boring insurance work on Camry's.

Same with most mechanics I know, unless you are working in a performance shop you will be stuck doing oil changes all day on the same Camry's.

Basically find something you enjoy, but I think everyone should look at changing careers every few years to keep things interesting. Otherwise you will just get stuck in a rut.

From my experience, the only people who generally enjoy working in the Motor industry are those who own thier own businesses.

Jeff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:11 am 
T88 Hybrid

If u guys want to make big money go work in the mines in perth. The problem is there is no girls and u are isolated in a very remote place..........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:09 am 
T78

Car: s14a
for first years wages they all depend on the age you are, and at the end of the day you wouldnt do it if you didnt enjoy it or have some satisfaction from it.
What i dont understand is why are people saying you could never do that its dirty, filthy, shit wages and all the rest when it all depends on the work environment you are in if you work at a good shop you dont get as dirty, if you know what you are doing and you can do it well the pay is good, someone out there has to do it so why put shit on people like us