Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Sun Jun 02, 2024 12:33 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 4:40 pm 
T03 Hybrid

Car: Suzuki GSXR1000 & S14
wonder if any of you blokes know.
I recently got done speeding on my bike, 116 in a 50 zone (idiot) 6 points, $1,600 fine.
I asked the copper about a court appearance, and he didnt think there was, while I thought it was automatic for anything 45 and over.

ANOTHER mate who had a similar thing happen to him a while ago, and he said the cop was supposed to issue a court summons there and then..

anyone know for sure?

Im copping the fine on the chin (see "for sale" section :( ), but I would really like to see if I can avoid the suspension if I can..
________
Katelyne

Last edited by drifty on Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 6:37 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Fa(s)t red boat
Law says-
"If police catch you speeding by more than 45km/h over the limit you may have your licence immediately suspended and confiscated at the roadside for 6 months."

Well he didnt, so you might be (very) lucky.
It'll go through the RTA process (anywhere between 1-3months) and it may be reviewed there again in which case you'll lose the licence for 6 months after a court appearance. Frankly, just shut up about it and slow down for the next few months and you might get away without losing your licence but call the RTA on 132213 and get advice about the traffic laws there.

Look on the bright side, you didnt kill anyone this time. At that speed you'd probably rip a kid into two to three peices and spend the rest of your life seeing that every time you closed your eyes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:09 pm 
T51

Car: S12
I don't want to ruin your evening, but I'm fairly sure that speeding in excess of 45kmh over the limit is automatically a dangerous driving charge too.

If I was you I'd follow MK's advice, keep my head down and hope like hell it all slips through the cracks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 8:31 pm 
T04 Hybrid

Car: Nissan 200sx S14a
My mate was caught speeding 50 over, crashed, totalled his car. He had to appear in court, it took a while for the court to organise a date but during and up untill the court day, he had his licence suspended.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:05 pm 
T03 Hybrid

Car: Suzuki GSXR1000 & S14
I should mention I was on the bike at the time, I would never be THAT stupid to do that speed in residential areas in the car.. (worries me just thinking about it)

yeah think I will just pay the fine and cross my fingers, will see if I can get a good behaviour bond if i get called to court.

the cop was actually pretty cool about it, he said i was lucky he didnt do me for dangerous aswell - so maybe I just got "lucky".. time will tell.