Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:31 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:36 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: 180sx
has one used bought these re-trims for their 180sx front seats door trims and glove box trim.

Item number: 260271880103

Do they really look and feel as good as leather? Are they hard to install? What kind of tools do they require to install? How much do you guys think a professional would charge to make these trims and install them for the 2x front seats 2 side door trims and the glove box trim.

Can't stand the material on thats on the side doors and glove box of my 180sx atm. :/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:19 pm 
T28

Car: 180SX
Mate I got those.

Don't rush in to buy them and do some research. Those been on ebay for a wile and won't go anywere soon. they are made to order i think.

they do look like leather and feel pretty good too. People like it a lot on my car. BUT and it's a VERY BIG BUT! unless you r confident you can do anything yourself - do get a pro to install those.

They aren't hard to install if you have an idea what u r doing. Imagine cutting up a leather couch and replacing pieces of stock material.
took me under 5 hrs for 2 doors and a glovebox (with waiting for glue to dry out) n i had little knowledge how to do this. I can post some picks too.

Glove box is the easiest so i suggest start there. the doors are bit more tricky.

All you need is:

some glue 300ml should be enough (I used kwick grip only cos i had 1L of it from renovations)
Extremely sharp scissors
Extremely sharp knife
some cloth to wipe any splashes
WD40 pen to get all the glue splashes that stick
Black permanent marker to colour any join parts and
lots of patience and precision cutting

The problem is it's VERY easy to kcuf it up with one move :o

You'll need to cut off the excess from the edges and i did cut just a bit too much here and there.

If I was to do it again and had the $$$ I'd pay a pro to get quality material and install.

Also I think centre console part is supposed to go over the elbow rest bit. I didn't install that.