Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:42 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:05 am 
T03 Hybrid

Car: car
I had a look,Does anyone know any names,places that stock Quality HID headlight kits.A kit that does both Hi/Lo for H4.
Also peoples opinions on wattage to get? I heard visibility is reduced (as is your depth perception and ability to focus due to the mechanics of the human eye) when you go above about 6500K. Any more and you get massive glare from reflections and fog too.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:39 am 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
there was a thread on this fairly recently.

conversion kits are always a bit hit & miss. the focussing of the reflector is designed with a halogen lamp's output in mind,not an HID,so the beam will scatter somewhat.

I don't know what model car you're looking to fit them to,but if there is a factory HID option available for that model,that's your best solution.

if it's aftermarket only,then they're all much of a muchness these days,they're pretty much all made in china. get something from ebay,at least it'll only cost ~$100 that way.

there's no such thing as a true high/low H4 for HID. the 'lamp' only has one setting. all they do is put a solenoid on the back of it to move the shield back to throw more light out forwards giving you the 'high' setting.

as for coulour temperatures,the most natural,and closest to what OEM lights run is 4500k. I have 6000k in my car atm as that was all I could get quickly when one of my lights burned out recently. I would consider that the limit,it's almost pure white and doesn't project any further than the 4600k std lights did.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:56 pm 
T03 Hybrid

Car: car
Cheers for your reply,info and help.Will keep you posted how i go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:38 pm 
T28

Car: 1994 Nissan RPS13 SR20DET blacktop
Projector housing + Hi/Lo el cheapo HID's from ebay...

No glare, good brightness, not the best cutoff, but alot better than the stock housings... No hotsposts and cold spots though like from reflector housings...

I say don't bother with hi/lo... Can't really tell a big difference... Hi beam reduces the light angle however does shine a lil further, however brightness doesn't seem to increase very significantly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:54 pm 
T25

Car: indica
Hi

It is high quality car.Looking very beautiful.you are fixing hid lights in this car.