Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:43 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:49 am 
T03

Car: 1992 Nissan 180sx ::SiL80::
So,

I decided to venture out for a Coffee with a good freind of mine last week ( pretty sure it was last thursday to be exact ) picked old mate up from hammonville, then cruzed around for somewere half diecent to crash out with a hot cuppa and a catchup,,

Naturally between me and him we always find somewere stupid to be right, ( i still dont know for sure but im guessin it was orange grove? ) there is a maccas, krispy creams and a harry-de-wheels at this place neither of us had been there before...

Pulling into this joint we were welcomed by 6 or 7 brand NEW FPV typhoons all unmarked hwy patrol parked at the ONLY exit, it looked like a ford meet from the distance Lol,,,

anyways, loads of cars defected didnt matter what you were driving, watched a practiaclly brand new corolla get axed and i mean new as in straight of the factory floor, also watched an unmarked follow a Land Cruser into the maccas drive threw lights and sirens wile the 65yo+ driver was makin his order at the speaker box ( also defected )

any forum members were there on this night? was many s13/14/15 parked and or getting done also few datos, skylines and a cefiro hangin around, this is a common event at this place?
if not maybe you can re-think ur plans to visit this joint if you were planing a cruze or a late night feed... DANGEERRRR!!!

myself and a few fellow nissan owners played mexican stand of for over 3hrs till they left, then 30 seconds later i was almost home O_O!! managed to leave without any trouble..

also iv not been defected for years, is it true you can cop un-occupied defect notices?!?! or is this just old wifes tails?!

constructive replys anyone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:03 pm 
Quad T88

Car: *insert car here*
Looks like they're back doing the rounds there again. it did die off for awhile but they did use to setup defect stations there quite alot back over 1+ years ago as ppl used to go there on fri/sat nights to cause trouble/hoon/meet up for runs.

Locky got done there not long ago so id say its best to stay away from this place :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:13 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S13
yeah, that place is the meeting place of the fullisik, so of course the cops are gonna set up there.
It's also got donuts, so added appeal for the coppers :)

We used to have fairly regular meetups there on wednesday nights and never had any issues. I think it depends on the night you go (Thursday, friday and weekends seem to be the wrong times to go).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:43 pm 
Admin Team
Admin Team

Car: Hello Kitty!
our last 2 meetings out there we were told to move along by the police.

That pretty much ended them.

The defect stations started happening shortly after that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:19 pm 
TO4

Car: 200sx S14.5
wow im suprised you didn't know about that place

that place has been a mega hot spot for a long time, i would even be scared to go there with my daily driver!

it's like going to la perouse.. scary!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:54 am 
T03

Z_Z
we watched the police at it for a few hours wile we camped out, what amazed me the most was the ones who pulled into the car park like morons sterios crankin driving like fuck wits ( oh yea oblivious to the 7 patrol cars 5 metres to the right as they came in, and around 15-20 police in uniform ) me personally id be straight embarresed Lol, its no wonder the police continue to crack down, its because of oxygen thiefs like these, sure im all for giving it a stab every now and then but fuck there is a time and place for everything, its no big secret that the majority of us do the right thing 99% of the time yet the small group that dont screw it for everyone else...

rk2k9 wrote:
wow im suprised you didn't know about that place

that place has been a mega hot spot for a long time, i would even be scared to go there with my daily driver!

it's like going to la perouse.. scary!

yea im not local im very close to the city, my mate lives not far from this place however he had never been to this place either he is fairly new to the area...

city / brighton / lapa ( i avoid these places at all cost )

Lol do you think the local business here doing night trade would be happy? ' oh yea we sent 90% of ur customers home with a fine or 20 tonight that will teach them for coming here '

great work guys,

here is ur report card

[ F ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:43 am 
T03 Hybrid

Car: 200sx s14
think you were there same night my mate got defected there. Strikeforce Taipan. They were literally laughing and clapping as they pulled over more cars. He had a stock mirage.. he had a defect given to him for one worn wheel and having HID's..

Nowhere is safe now. 99% of performance imports will have some kind of defect and SF taipan will pick it up. Better off selling your car or if your a keen enthusiast just use it as a track car

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:20 am 
T03

like you said ur mate got done in a stocker mirage, i saw loads of stockers getting fryed so my car or another, its no longer safe to drive on the road?! hahas, pink slip $25 rego $700 erh wdf else do they want...

btw ill take my car to the grave with me so selling it is no option, currently road registed yes, how long that remains possible is left to be decided by the mighty drift gods lol...

the new daily will be a 4 door 33 shortly, ahhhh such a sucker for punishment yer hahas

night!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:50 pm 
T03 Hybrid

Car: 200sx s14
lol.. i like your spirit.
if i had the same state of mind as you i would still be rocking around in my s14 which i regret selling badly.

all the best mate. just try to avoid certain places at certain times i guess. and invest in a cheap daily

btw: another shifty lil trick is that when strikeforce taipan is around, marked cop cars wont pull you over but they will radio it in for one of the highway patrols to pull you over for defect purposes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:07 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: 180SX
t _ _Y wrote:
lol.. i like your spirit.
if i had the same state of mind as you i would still be rocking around in my s14 which i regret selling badly.

all the best mate. just try to avoid certain places at certain times i guess. and invest in a cheap daily

btw: another shifty lil trick is that when strikeforce taipan is around, marked cop cars wont pull you over but they will radio it in for one of the highway patrols to pull you over for defect purposes.

I had that happen to me!
I saw the cop get on his radio and was like that's weird, Oh well.
Keep driving, then on wow it's a highway patrol on the side of the road. I pass it and then it pulls out and follows me for a "Random Breath Test". Sure it was random....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:36 am 
T03

hahas,

no joke one night i got stopped for a " random breath test " 4 times in around 3 hours ( one of them was a road side ) but i copped 2 on the way to a mates place out west, the road side on the way home and then the last one i got pulled over 2 streets away from my house by then i was starting to get a little frustrated they take there sweet ass time,

the 4ths was funny as shit,

Me : hi you can skip the why iv been stopped part iv heard it 3 times already tonight..
Cop : .... " pauses " ...... You have been stopped for a random breath test have you had anything to drink tonight?
Me : o___o no...?!
Cop : count to 10 ill tell you when to stop
Me : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7,
Cop : O_o stop...
Me : can i ask you a stupid question?
Cop : sure
Me : if a breath test is so random how come i keep getting pulled over tonight?
Cop : mate im going to have to perform a " random licents check "
Me : ............... right...
** 15 min later **
Cop : ok mate your right to go,
Me : oh yea thanks buddy .____.

Z_Z does my head in... why cant they just tell the truth,

Cop : Ok mate you drive a nissan thats why i pulled you over, lets do a breath test wile i have a quick look over your car then ill try to defect you for whatever i can, honoustly im bored and if officer bob hands out more defects then me tonight ill loose twenty bucks.

and yea i try to avoid hot spots at all cost maybe we should pin up a thread of places to stay clear of, kinda like a silvia forums trapsta :DDD?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:30 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
It's more along the lines of 'You're a young kid driving a modifed car,so you're more than likely going to be,or have already been doing the wrong thing on the road today,so I'm pulling you over repeatedly to give you the shits so you'll come into my area less often and therefore our number of complaints will be reduced.'

The simple fact is,that young guys more often than not,drive like dickheads on the road.
The police know that,and as such,will target you more often.

Make yourselves less of a target by driving responsibly,modifying your cars according to the law,and not giving police attitude,even if it is the fifth time you've been pulled over that night.
Even if you may be in the right,going off at the attending officer isn't going to win you any justice,it's just going to get you defected,arrested,and your car impounded.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:44 am 
T03

hahas, im about to turn 28, most people think im 30-35 and most 40+ year olds have more hair left then me, i hold a gold drivers licents with 12 points and have not been booked for anything for over 6 years now,

and im right behind you mate, im all for punnishing thoes who do apsolutly stupid things on the road, and im all for impounding and defecting cars that are un-roadworthy and or pose a danger to everyone including me and you,

im just amazed at how you can be pulled over wile minding ur own business wile driving inside the law, and getting crusified?!, its a bit extreem fair comment or not?

sure your doing something wrong or even something apsolutly stupid then you get defected to the hill, hey you asked for it...

anyways, i wont beat a dead horse things will never change or improve god only knows how much the state cashes in on everyone every year, call it what they wish its just one big money farm...

Kurtis

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:56 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S13
Not that it happens to me (I very rarely get pulled over and I drive every day), but personally, I'd rather get pulled over 5 times for an RBT and be on my way within 2 minutes, rather than have my car stolen by someone and they get off with it due to no cops pulling them over.
I'd also prefer that people get pulled over repeatedly, their licence checked and their blood alcohol checked, than have them driving around unchecked and potentially injuring or killing someone doing so.

The problem is, there are so many shit heads out there that cause some of the cops to just have a set opinion of people they haven't met simply going by the car they drive. Luckily, most cops are good enough to know that not all people are tools

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:40 am 
T03

yea fair comment, i wasnt having a sook cos i was pulled up 4 times in 1 night, they can pull me over every 30 seconds for an RBT there only wasting there own time, i dont drink and drive ( infact its rare i drink period ), was just making a point of how obvious it was that i was targeted cos of what i drive,