It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:12 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:53 pm 
T04 Hybrid

Car: type X 180
Vitty wrote:
sxin' wrote:
EDUCATE OUR F*^ing DRIVERS PROPERLY and the road toll will drop. But that's a long term initiative... not good for votes.

More importantly that COSTS money, whereas going after driving for stupid shit is a way to make some money, and seriously what's the last long term project that this govt has promised that has actually been fulfilled and run smoothly? :-?

And we can't divert funds from important initiatives like the "anti hoon" advertising campaigns, speed cameras and more police on the roads to hand out tickets to anyone who doesn't drive a kia.

I can hear that circus music....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:00 pm 
T03 Hybrid

Car: Silvia s13
I find it amusing that all the car's in the 'pinkie finger' ad are V8's, yet I rarely see them pulled over and there are definately some questionable ones around. but I got followed quite abit to see what they could get me for, once they realised there wasn't anything.. off they went.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:44 am 
T04 Hybrid

Vitty wrote:
The minimum is at least $69 and there are only 4 DECC approved places to go... Campbelltown, Granville, Illawarra & I can't remember the last, and if you fail you have to go back to the same place until it's passed.

Or you can go to the extreme like I did and cancel the rego and write a letter telling them to lick you on the nuts :P

Edit: I'm pretty sure its both a noise & emissions test, that's what I was meant to have tested

Don't suppose you have the names os some of these places? Id really appreciate it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:16 pm 
T03 Hybrid

Suprisingly I do, thought i got rid of my notice...

Wollongong - Danic's Auto & Tyre Service, 75 Princes Hwy, Albion Park Rail.

Campelltown - P&D Mechanical Repairs (Waminda Service Centre), 79 Waminda Ave, Campbelltown.

North Sydey was the one i couldn't remember - Antella Lloyd Pty Ltd, 20-22 Babbage Rd, East Roseville.

Granville - Archer's Motor Repairs Pty Ltd, 22 Cowper St, Granville.

I've also got the phone numbers for all 4 if you want them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:21 pm 
T04 Hybrid

yeah, numbers would be awesome, thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:52 pm 
T03 Hybrid

No wucking forries, and I was wrong, the maximum charge for the test is $60.50 but of course if you fail you have to pay that everytime until it's cleared.. I've put in the UBD locations as well just incase you want them

Danics Auto & Tyre - 02 4257 9999 (UBD 48 F12)
P&D Mechanical - 02 4625 6706 (UBD 347 A6)
Antella & Lloyd - 02 9417 1119 (UBD 195 P2)
Archer's Motor Repairs - 02 9637 5583 (UBD 211 G11)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:08 pm 
T04 Hybrid

thank you! that'll reduce the pain im about to go through by a few notches.

Did i mention this happened on my bday? :roll: gay....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:36 am 
Quad T88

Car: *insert car here*
a lovely bday present for you lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:34 pm 
T66 Hybrid

Car: S15
dont go to the granville one they will rape you hard, unless your car is completely stock.

I heard cambeltown are a littel better but yeah these guys are tough. I was given the option when i got defected, either take off the intercooler or do the emissions test, considering i have a bigger turbo, cams and power FC i decided to go back to a stock cooler. If they actually saw that i had a bigger turbo (under the heat sheild so they couldnt see) or my power FC, i would of been screwed.

i went to granville and with stock exhaust, stock cooler and airbox and they still didnt pass me, the reason why.... i didnt have the elbow that connected the snorkel to the stock airbox. WTF!!!! was such a pain in the ass.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:57 pm 
T04 Hybrid

so how is anyone supposed to keep a modified car on the road?? this is beyond a joke

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:11 am 
T03

Car: 180sx
Hey dude,same shit happened to me. All i can say i put it back to standard. I finally passed at that Antella n Lloyd at Roseville. Heres a link to my old thread as i want to make it easier for us guys to pass.
http://forum.silviansw.com/viewtopic.ph ... sc&start=0

I asked the guy once i passed,what happens if i have an engineers with the cooler,exhaust etc. He said i could go somewhere to have an inspection done just for that but urs is a defect so i reckon u have to do it the hard way. Sucks man i know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:59 am 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
sxin' wrote:
so how is anyone supposed to keep a modified car on the road?? this is beyond a joke

seeing as that is only a priority to modified car owners,noone else gives a toss.
the rest of the driving public aren't interested and see modded cars as as much of a nuisance as anything else.
you need to change that perception before anyone else will be willing to support you and with P platers in the news constantly for crashing and street racing their modified cars,you're pushing shit uphill in that regard.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:02 pm 
T04 Hybrid

I got some more info from my mechanic after a lengthy visit. The consensus is that even with the exhaust and cooler (with EGR plumbed in), and a standard air box it should pass.

The current rules require a replacement cooler (and exhaust too i think) to be emissions tested.
The test is called an IM240 and its done at 2 RTA's - Botany and Penrith. The best part is the cost is $0 but you need to book in advance.

...interestingly apparently the cop that defected me has been on a mission in Newcastle with about 20 defects rolling in to my mechanic over the week. They are going after EVERYTHING! tint, wheels, exhausts, coolers, lights.... if you so much as have a sticker on your car they'll pull you over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:57 pm 
T04 Hybrid

fergo308 wrote:
sxin' wrote:

seeing as that is only a priority to modified car owners,noone else gives a toss.
the rest of the driving public aren't interested and see modded cars as as much of a nuisance as anything else.
you need to change that perception before anyone else will be willing to support you and with P platers in the news constantly for crashing and street racing their modified cars,you're pushing shit uphill in that regard.

Justin...

I'm not asking for support, so much as mutual respect - and not to be made to feel like the lowest scum around for driving an import. Up here in Newcastle I'm now getting more and more filthy looks than ever before. The "normal" drivers are now becoming the rude, obnoxious subgroup who mouth obscenities and cut us off to "teach us a lesson" because of slightly louder than normal exhaust... Last i checked we all pay just as much as everyone else for the right to drive on the roads!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:50 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
I agree with you,I don't like that kind of stuff either,and am on the receiving end as often as not as well. I was just pointing out the issues we face as enthusiasts.
'normal' people in their normal cars who aren't interested in driving for anything other than going from A to B will never understand that there even is a difference in attitude between them and enthusiasts and feel perfectly justified in the opinion that because they aren't interested in cars,that noone else needs to be either.

I cop this crap from all angles. I don't like local sport much,I don't drink much,I don't want to have kids,I like cars,and I shoot.
my neighbours fail to understand that I am just different to them,and scorn and ridicule my interests every chance they get.
I have different interests to them. that doesn't make me wrong and them right,it just makes me different. they just can't seem to grant me the same tolerance that I do of them.
I'm not interested in gardening,but I don't abuse them for mowing their lawns early in the morning on the weekend.
They feel perfectly free to abuse me for driving my car up my own street in a normal manner however. That's perfectly understandable of course. I am a 'hoon' after all :roll:

Justin...