All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: i agree
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:37 pm 
T03 Hybrid

Car: TYPE X
sxin' wrote:
Vitty wrote:
sxin' wrote:
anyone with a modified car has to be hunted down and F&*^ed.

Ain't that the truth, we all get targeted like nobodys business and yet the people out there doing real crimes aren't being caught cause there's too many cops chasing 'hoons' why don't they go out and do something useful like catch the f**kers who keep knocking over amoured trucks

Well its popular belief now that we are responsible for the worlds problems. Just like they make us believe that doing 62 in a 60 zone makes you a murderer.

How many people do you know who are so preoccupied with the speed limit that they constantly scan their speedo rather than looking where they are going or the kid thats about to jump onto the road. Just because one or two people do the wrong thing we all have to be hated. We need to get rid of pollies who are preoccupied with finding scapegoats to take the public's attention off the real issues.... EDUCATE OUR F*^ing DRIVERS PROPERLY and the road toll will drop. But that's a long term initiative... not good for votes.

I agree 100%
people who look at there speedo every 5seconds are
more likely to !@#$ up!
and usually do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:41 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: 89 Skyline GT-R, Onevia Project and a PRIUS :P
I didnt want to bring back an old thread but i might as well tell of my experience when i was defected in my 200. I got done for my cooler, exhaust being too loud, pod filter and bov, the officer let me off for having the bald tyres on ford falcon chasers on the rear :P.

The officer told me in his own words "because your intercooler is aftermarket, it plays arond with your car's emmissions so you have to take it for an emmissions test, then take the paper report back to the epa", even funnier he sayed about the bov "Each time your blow off valve goes, pstchhhh, that's 3 points off your licence if we catch you" it was funny hearing one of the boys in blue say "Pstchhhh".

Anyways i rang the RTA and they told me that they do emmissions test's at Penrith and Botany so i booked in for the Penrith centre. I put on the standard exhaust and went down to the EPA, i was told i could either put the car back to stock so it passes or try my luck with the cooler which i left on.

The first test was a failure, but only just because of my car's NOX levels being 3 points above the legal limit the rta officer sayed "i hope the epa will let your car pass because 3 points isnt very much, all your other emmissions levels are well below the sweet spot".

2 days later at the EPA in Lidcombe, EPA officer does a noise DB test, passes, checks my exhaust, maybe he did or maybe he didnt notice my 3 inch dump and front pipe joining the factory cat back, but he didnt say much else exhaust wise, emmissions report was a different story:
"Sorry mate im not passing your defect, you idiots think its great putting these front mounts on your cars not realising that the manufacturer designed the car a certian way and your not getting any power out of it by the way, your just putting out more pollution" lmao.

Booked my 2nd Emmissions test once again at Penrith.

before the 2nd emmissions test i changed my spark plugs, Yavus popped my car on the dyno and found my ignition timing was off slightly so he set it back, and i got a chemical i found at a parts shop on sackville street canley vale called "Emmissions Test Passer" so i thaught, lets give it a shot.

My EGR wasnt connected and had been blocked off by a previous owner, still had my front mount on there,and had my factory bov recirculating through a huge clear plastic tube i got from mitre 10 because i couldnt find the proper recirc piping.

Went to the RTA testing.

Passed with all my emmissions levels way below what it came with from factory lmao.

Took the report back to the EPA and they couldnt believe how well my car did with the emmissions test with the front mount i even heard one guy in the office say "how the hell did that car pass with the intercooler still on it"

So yea it was a pain in the back side to get through but finally after my defect was cleared, i sold the car to a good friend, now he's getting hassled and im free from troubles with the government *knocks on wood*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:49 pm 
T51 Hybrid

Car: S15
Emisions test passer hey?? :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:38 pm 
T25

Car: s15 200sx
Good work on getting it through the emissions

Post subject: Exhaust for loan
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:24 am 
T25

Car: S15 2001 Spec-S
Hey guy's just reading through all the posts, i have just been through a similar thing. I had EPA sound test but not emissions. for this all i did was change out intercooler and airbox, and changed exhaust back to standard. I also hid the boost controller solenoid and a few other things for the inspection and i passed no problems. They didn't seem to care about coilovers or the ride height etc. I had it tested at the Redhead automotive place and the guy there seemed pretty decent, but they still take photo's of everything and send it back to someone. I borrowed most parts but now i have a stock exhaust that i hopefully will never need again.

So to all you folks that have a test to pass you are welcome to borrow my exhaust, I live in the rutherford maitland area, so give me a call on 0411600976 to arrange pickup etc, no charge but a carton of beer wouldn't go astray.