Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:56 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:51 am 
Quad T88

Car: *insert car here*
badhairdave wrote:
whyte wrote:
it would be funny if a STOCK CAR with STOCK SUSPENSION gets defected for being lowered, oh boy if that was me, i'd be bloody furious.

It happens in SA fairly regularly as they use the height of the guard as their guide. 20 year old sagging springs means the car fails the test....

what has this countries government come to. :-?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:24 pm 
T04 Hybrid

Car: type X 180
We should all be used to this kind of sh1t my now. If you have so much as an exhaust tip or a set of rims, you are automatically a hoon.

When exactly did car enthusiasts become worse than criminals? they can't catch or make money out of the trash that bashes and stabs others in the streets of melb and sydney at night, but they'll send a guy to maxiumum security for going over the speed limit....

Don't worry guys, this will all seem like nothing once Daley outlaws alloys, turbos, coupes, and your right to drive without being monitored and tracked... I hope this comment doesn't get removed by Comrade Conroy's censorship regime...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:30 pm 
T04 Hybrid

whyte wrote:
i agree strongly with tmb on this.
its complete & utter bullsh*t.
defect & fines are gonna go up 100% after aug 1, every car they suspect is lowered (mainly p plater & sport cars/imports) will get done.
$10 they will let off normal 4 door family cars that are lowered such as fords & holdens in which i see so many of them which are lowered and have like 22" fa99it rims on.

as dave said, i wouldn't be suprised if engineer's cert prices go up too :evil:

it would be funny if a STOCK CAR with STOCK SUSPENSION gets defected for being lowered, oh boy if that was me, i'd be bloody furious.

i said it before and ill say it again, NSW government sucks a##

they're just going to ban ALL BRIGHT coloured cars period, because it blinds the eyes off old seniors and distracts them when they;re vision is already fken shot yet they're still driving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I know of several guys who got done for being "illegally low" in Porsches... Pitty it was all stock. EDIT: Most cops know little about specs and mods.

One dushbag gave me a defect notice the other day, among other things claiming i had a pod filter... Its a F*&^ing stock airbox! Ill cop the legit things on the chin, but there's NO reason to make stuff up to fill all the lines on a defect sheet! *Some* cops abuse their power every day. We just have to bend over for them. They don't need to have an attitude to issue fines and defects is all I'm saying.

Last edited by sxin' on Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:47 pm 
T04 Hybrid

fergo308 wrote:
I don't have a problem with this. like all other defects,you have to get caught doing the wrong thing for it to be a problem,and if your car hasn't been modified properly and isn't maintained in a safe condition,then you deserve whatever you get from the law.

you can go lower than 2" with an engineer's certificate,so there really isn't any real issue with this change.
if you need more than 2" down from std, do the work properly and prove that you have to an engineer and you're good to go.
slam your car with chopped springs on std shocks and don't bother with fixing the alignment or about wheel clearance,and you'll get reamed.
suits me.

maybe some of those towering 4wds out there that are cobbled together with questionable engineering will finally get their comeuppance.

Justin...

The new rule is maximum 2". period. All adjustments need eng cert

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:48 pm 
Quad T88

Car: *insert car here*
i think i got better chances of getting away by robbing a armaguard van or taking an old ladies bag then to drive around in my import :lol:

its the law sxin', what can you do.
its gone beyond ridiculous now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:59 am 
T03

Car: 180sx
At the end of the day yeah i know its the law or whatever but my respect is zero for the police. Ages ago my brother got defected for having no mirror on his left door in his gemini even though they came out like that stock,they soo wanted to screw him over for having an fj20 in it,once we showed the engineers the best they resorted to was the mirror.

Its like they dont give a shit about the law and make it up,they dont know about cars or care to know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:31 pm 
T03 Hybrid

Car: Silvia s13
chico 1 wrote:
my respect is zero for the police

My respect for our police died when I was at work one night & a guy came to visit me with his shotgun and the cops didn't even bother to attend, lucky for me he was drunk and didn't actually want to do anything besides rattle the fence n pop shots in the air

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:46 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
i think you should all have respect for the police. if something happens with someone you know or god forbid, someone you love, then i will guarantee youll be calling the police to have them sort it out. so quit your bitching, suck it up and come to the realisation - like most of us have - that you WILL be picked on for owning a modified car, you WILL be defected at some stage. these laws are created for a reason. they may not make sense to you or pretty much anyone on this forum, and yes some of the more stupid ones come from revenue raising politicians.

this 'new' law is to stop the stupidly low cars from being on the road. personally, i think thats a good thing. its proven that you CAN go too low and it does adversly affect the handling of the car. if you have children (and i hope some of you never breed) would you want your kid crossing the road and having a stipidly low lancer attempt to stop in time and not hurt them or even kill them?? guess who youd be complaining about for not getting THAT car off the road?? yeah, the police.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:54 pm 
T03 Hybrid

I'll admit that I'm 50/50 over whether this law is good or bad, and I work in security so I call the cops when its needed (seeing as they took our guns off us we now only observe and report)

The problem I have is that at 1-130am every morning there'll be approx 5 cop cars sitting in a mcdonalds, servo or whatever, which is fine I guess, but I've also sat at a b & e across the road from a police station, for 2 hours waiting for them to attend in the end I was told to leave by our control room & that night with them not showing up to the guy with the shotgun is one night I ain't forgetting anytime soon.

I was abit harsh saying I have 0 respect for the police, I know some who are good people, but I also think they need to pick up on their act in some areas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:39 am 
T04 Hybrid

ZEi250t wrote:
i think you should all have respect for the police. if something happens with someone you know or god forbid, someone you love, then i will guarantee youll be calling the police to have them sort it out. so quit your bitching, suck it up and come to the realisation - like most of us have - that you WILL be picked on for owning a modified car, you WILL be defected at some stage. these laws are created for a reason. they may not make sense to you or pretty much anyone on this forum, and yes some of the more stupid ones come from revenue raising politicians.

this 'new' law is to stop the stupidly low cars from being on the road. personally, i think thats a good thing. its proven that you CAN go too low and it does adversly affect the handling of the car. if you have children (and i hope some of you never breed) would you want your kid crossing the road and having a stipidly low lancer attempt to stop in time and not hurt them or even kill them?? guess who youd be complaining about for not getting THAT car off the road?? yeah, the police.

Yes, i agree most laws/rules are made with best intentions. Sometimes they take it a bit far, and what I am saying is that Some - not all - cops put everyone with a modified import into the same category, and treat us all with the same contempt and bad attitude.
This new rule will mean that every height change will require an eng cert, which means if they don't like you or your car, whether its stock, legal or not, they can issue a defect notice on suspicion.
Do you really trust highway patrol to be making the decision about which cars have and haven't been lowered? Its a rule that is nearly impossible to police without catalogues and measuring tapes. I dont like the idea that i can get pulled over and slapped with a defect - $75 to clear it EVERY time because my car LOOKS low....from the factory.

Yes, people who chop springs should be penalised harshly, but this will cause a LOT of people getting busted for no reason at all apart from someones opininon of how high a car should look at the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:50 am 
T03

Car: 180sx
Everytime ive needed the police they have done nothing,my best friend got stabbed at a place he was renting 2 years ago in long reef as they broke in and robbed him. They just missed his artery by 2mm,thats how close he came from being gone. This lack of respect for the police didnt come from nowhere in my circumstance. Usually people have reasons.

Up until today the police didnt so much as call my friend or give any updates for anything regarding the investigation. Good work from there end,werent expecting them to solve the whole thing but simple phone calls would of been appreciated.

Im not labelling all of them as that's just unfair. Anyway i will suck it up with these laws as ive got no choice,but im pretty sure this one is more so for making money than anything else. Lets not kid ourselves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:00 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
i understand how people dislike the police after things like that. but notice how youre being picked on for the same reason? there are people out there with stupidly modified car, so they generalise and pick on you all. you and your friends have had a bad incident with the police, so now you generalise and call them all useless.

the government is a company, its only out to make money, a by product of this is that we get some education for your kids and a little health care if youre lucky.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:09 pm 
T03 Hybrid

ZEi250t wrote:
but notice how youre being picked on for the same reason? there are people out there with stupidly modified car, so they generalise and pick on you all.

I've seen a few cars that need to be picked up for their height, I saw one at the mcdonalds in minchinbury where a guy in a SSS had 3 mates in his car and they had to get out so he could get over the speedhump without scraping the ass out then they got back in again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:49 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: S15
Looks as if the 100mm rule still stands.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/ ... y-2009.pdf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:00 pm 
Overlord
Overlord

Car: DeathWagon + Sil80 + Nugget
RTA Morons wrote:
The registered operator of a vehicle found to have been raised or lowered without the certificates
required by this VSI No. 50 or whose records have not been amended accordingly during an RTA
inspection or on-road police inspection may be issued with a defect notice or have its registration
suspended or cancelled.

Suspended or cancelled rego? Surely that will be the norm if they have the law backing them, since we all know that cops (particularly Highway Patrol) are power-hungry asshats

Sil80 - SR20DET 231rwkw
Silvia Race Nugget - SR20DET 225rwkw
Stagea - DeathWagon - RB25DET 185rwkw.

My Lame Gallery: http://www.toomuchboost.com/gallery/main.php

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next