Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:16 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:13 pm 
T25

Car: Silvia
Fernando Wiehrl, driver of the AutoSalon Industrie Car in the Drift Australia Series and D1 All Star, is proud to announce the acquisition of Project D Drift School and Project D Drift Club.

"I'm very excited to take on Project D as it not only gives me the opportunity to teach drift enthusiasts the skills they need but also gives all those hopefuls the chance to learn in a professional yet relaxed and fun environment, which I'm sure not only myself but some of the other best drifters wish they had the opportunity to do when they started out."– Fernando Wiehrl, Project D Director

With a strong backing from SABER Performance Products, BBM Motorsports and Garage D, Project D has big plans of taking the Drift School and Club to a whole new and improved level. Unlike many other clubs, Project D Drift Club is all about the members. We want to help you guys out as much as we possibly can. Being a member of Project D Drift Club entitles you to automatic discounts at both SABER Performance Products and BBM Motorsports. We also offer advice with car set up and maintenance.

The Project D Team are excited to implement an improved format for the Drift Club days. These days are predominantly about helping out the 'new comers' to the motor sport. Not only do we supply open track time and set up several different track layouts which will increase in difficulty and skill level throughout the day, we also have several of our Project D Drift School instructors (Fernando Wiehrl, Chris Easton, Luke Murphy, Andrew Hawkins and Jay Abbott) who will be on hand at each club day to give you advice not only from the side of the track but they will also be available to jump in the passenger seat and give you tips on how to improve your techniques.

"Being a club member and driver for many years in the drift scene, I saw a huge gap between the more experienced drivers and the beginners at many track days I attended. I noticed that a lot of the new comers felt very intimidated by the more advanced drivers and had no real chance of improving their skills and in turn would give up as they felt they didn't really belong. I came on board with Project D because I wanted to encourage an environment where new drivers can be guided in a safe, comfortable and enjoyable situation and build their own skills at their own pace." – Fernando Wiehrl, Project D Director

At present Project D will be running one club day and one school day per month and plan to increase this to even more to supply more track time for the members.

Fernando and some of the Project D Team attended the last Project D Drift Club day, which we saw as a great success and gave us a chance to be introduced to the club and some of the current members. We look forward to meeting all of the Project D members at the upcoming track days and until then we will be keeping everyone updated on our up and coming plans.

Until then, if you have any questions about the Drift School email amy@projectd.com.au

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:29 am 
Overlord
Overlord

Car: DeathWagon + Sil80 + Nugget
I hope one of the first things on the agenda is a revamp of the website. It burns my eyes!

Sil80 - SR20DET 231rwkw
Silvia Race Nugget - SR20DET 225rwkw
Stagea - DeathWagon - RB25DET 185rwkw.

My Lame Gallery: http://www.toomuchboost.com/gallery/main.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:28 pm 
T03 Hybrid

Car: 200sx s14a
from what i've heard i think they will!!! i know the car they are runnig is a s13 with a 5 puk exedy clutch. nice bloke to talk to aswell.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:10 pm 
T25

Car: Silvia
I completely agree! I am already on it and hoping to get it changed over ASAP!