Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:43 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:17 pm 
Quad T78

Car: S14a
~bb~ wrote:
badhairdave, cheers. Ill deffinately get that done then. :) Saturday, while doing the manifold etc! Im assuming i wouldnt have to order the plugs in... would they sell them at usual stores e.g. autobarn, etc?
Dont asume, i went to super cheap and repco near me the other day to get bkr6es plugs super cheap told me they dont exist and repco told me i "have" to put iriduims in and they will have to order in bkr6es "wich are shit cause there copper" fucken parts itererpriters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:34 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
repco once told me that copper plugs dont exist. there is no such thing, there is standard, platinum and iridium. i wonder whats in a 'standard' plug??? could it be copper???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:01 am 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
Don't you guys know anything? if it's not in their book,or on their shelves,it doesn't exist. :roll:

I use NGK BKR6E-11 plugs in the wagon. We use Precision auto spares at my work,and they stock these.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:42 am 
Twin T51

Car: 200sx s15
Fergo; would those plugs suit my car?
I've been texting brad to order some in for trades price.. dunno whether to re-use the platnum ones again, im useless with part no.'s etc so i wouldnt know if the NGK BKR6E-11's are platnums or what-not :o

hope to hear shortly! so i can get it all done before sat afternooooooon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:24 am 

nah plats start with P copper starts with B.

BKR7E-9 is what i was using in my S15. i changed them every time i did an oil change.

bree its also a 10 min job to change plugs, 12 mins if you have a strut brace lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:31 am 
Twin T51

ZEi250t wrote:
nah plats start with P copper starts with B.

BKR7E-9 is what i was using in my S15. i changed them every time i did an oil change.

bree its also a 10 min job to change plugs, 12 mins if you have a strut brace lol

LMFAO im sorry, im putting the manifold in too thats all. by "im" i mean supplying beers, etc :p

So what is the best reccommended? i get my car serviced every 5000 k's, and its due for one in... about 1500 k's, should i wait? the car isn't missfiring or anything at the moment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:38 am 

if someones working on it, do the plugs now. might also fix your 'smoking' problem

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:31 pm 
Twin T51

isnt that cause its running rich :/ i need a tune to fix that, so its tuned for 15 not 20psi >.<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:38 pm 

well, a dyno run will determine that. but if its mis-firing up the top end, youll get a bang like you describe, but also running really rich, you could get that too

get it on a dyno and have it re-tuned (if you have a power fc - i dont remember) and have them fix it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:32 pm 
Twin T51

ZEi250t wrote:
well, a dyno run will determine that. but if its mis-firing up the top end, youll get a bang like you describe, but also running really rich, you could get that too

get it on a dyno and have it re-tuned (if you have a power fc - i dont remember) and have them fix it.

Autronic :)
I got it dyno'd last Sat. I'll post it up if you like when im home next, then you can determine! LOL! its got two drops on it to do with the fuel.. its meant to run a straight line but 2 sections it drops then goes straight. its running 10.5 afm (is that what its called?) and i dunno the lean bit..

how about i just shut up.. get the plugs replaced, manifold on, and retuned, and then if it bangs again i shall revive this thread and have a mental break down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:38 am 
Twin T51

car is pretty much off the road as of tonight :cry: (needed to get to work thismorning somehow..)

Here's a new one for you along with the jolting, it happened on monavale road last night, except when i put the accelerater down, NOTHING happened..by nothing i mean no reving, nothing. then it'd kick in after about 15 seconds and jolt then cut out and yeah i was stuck rolling along monavale road with no accelerator.

If i turn the car off and on or let it sit for 5 - 10 mins it would drive fine .... for a couple of mins and start the jolting again.

now, when i sat on idle, it almost was like a rotor, it reved off, so i called brad and he said i may have a bunged coil, but if the coil was rooted...wouldn't it do the off idle all the time? it'd correct itself after a while.

also when id sit in neutral and revved it, it only revved to 6000rpm (usually revs to 7000rpm)

sorry about this massive outburst

so tonight we are going to check the fuel pump, the fuel filter, the injectors, the coils, (spark plugs were changed on the w/e) and the msd ignition, and the autronic. as its very on and off, happens here and there, there may be some off wires touching (as the autronic does look a bit messy)..

here's a bit of background-ness, when this FIRST started, i was on pretty much dead empty fuel, i left my wallet at home (yes call me a dummy, but i had no money in my wallet either. but i was going to use it for ID and my address and tell the guy i'd pay it tomorrow), i filled up fuel regardless and waited for michael to get there to pay for it.. and it happened that night, assuming i stirred up some shit fuel thats clogged the injectors or fuel filter... thats when it first happened a few months ago

thoughts?
:cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:17 am 

might be a grounding issue too if it only happens sometimes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:20 am 
Twin T51

Been reading up on the MSD ignition, people describe it as "limping" and missing under load, and dropping a cylinder then idoling like its missfiring... which pretty much describes how my car played up last night.

although mine happens on and off, could i need a coil with a built in resistant? or maybe theres a magnetic field that triggers this to be randomly happening?

ugh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:19 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S13
When it happens, does your car kinda sound like a shitty WRX?
That's what mine sounded like when one of my coilpacks kept stuffing up. It also happened on and off, like what you're describing. When I took the coilpacks out I saw they'd been repaired with some sort of black gum stuff (2 were like this). I replaced them and noticed straight away that the problem had been fixed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:26 am 
Twin T51

SamBo wrote:
When it happens, does your car kinda sound like a shitty WRX?
That's what mine sounded like when one of my coilpacks kept stuffing up. It also happened on and off, like what you're describing. When I took the coilpacks out I saw they'd been repaired with some sort of black gum stuff (2 were like this). I replaced them and noticed straight away that the problem had been fixed.

if thats how you describe it i guess, but kinda like a blub-blub-blub ... similar to a rotor i guess?
we're going to switch the coilpacks tonight too (mate has some new ones that r meant to go on his s15 front end) but im worried if i need some sort of resistor with the msd ignition or not n ill just fry those too...

its hard to tell if the problem is fixed or not, as it happens every so often (weeks).. but last night was really bad, it usually lasts till i let out a puff of black smog out of the exhaust n it backfires, but it did that 2 times and the problem continued. just thought it may be to do with the msd igniton or coil packs. deffinately swapping them tonight regardless