Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:53 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: today tonight 25/08/08
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:17 pm 
T78 Hybrid

Car: 93' 180sx
anyone watch the story on hoons tonight?

just felt like posting my thoughts.

once again a today tonight feature showing smart arses in $500 shitboxes doing burnouts and street racing then making lame excuses to justify why they do it.

majority of the interviews seemed to be bulldog stereotype supporters doing what they do best (talk themselves up) and condone what they do as being safe.

im all for the police cracking down on these types of people but what im not happy about is everytime a news program airs a feature like this i notice alot of jap imports get targeted by car appearance alone and not by participating in illegal behaviour.

all cars can be used to street race in but we'v all seen the types of cars commonly accociated with hooning i.e- shitty commodores and anything under $2000

yet time and time again i see the imports targeted over the real problems on the streets. how often have you seen a drift spec import pulled over and defected for what was supposedly a "random breath test" yet noticed the bogan mobile with the bald chasers on the back go straight past the police without them giving a second glance??

if these people researching their stories were to come to organised club events and meet-ups that cater for true import enthusiasts it would give them a far greater insight to the identity of the true hoons and perhaps show the community and police that a nice set of rims and tasteful mods does not make you a hoon.

just like many on this forum can agree, being targeted because of your vehicle preference no matter how you drive it does not leave a good impression on the news, the government or the police.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:26 am 
Retard

Car: Sileighty
I don't get harassed by cops at all, and my car is definitely loud and obnoxious. Guess the lack of P plates, and not being a knobjockey, really helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:27 am 
Twin T51

Car: 200sx s15
I watched that. I almost thought it was put on the way they were being so immature "kings of the road" ... who the hell says that..?!?!
its people like them who make it so much harder for us who are real car enthusiasts.

It made me so much more frustrated watching that, and doing their gay "omg bra the cops r commin' go go go!"

i go out on a cruise every tuesday night and without fail cops always rock up, but it is easily sorted by the guy running it just telling them we're a car club and out to cruise, and the cops bugger off.
i've never ever come across people screaming and calling each other about bailing from the cops!
im sorry, but it seriously makes it look so bad on car enthusiasts out to go on a simple cruise and not thrash their, as Stallion180 said, $500 shitbox.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:45 am 
T28 Hybrid

Car: ^
I saw that "chilling" story last night...

I owned my 200sx for 5 years and was never pulled over apart from the regular RBT - and the cops were never anything but polite to me.

But when you see stories like that its not hard to see why cops do get the shirts with modified vehicles and the drivers in them...

Of course, the segment was laughable, and no doubt the people on there will be saying "OH MY GODZ WE WOZ SETUP BRO! FULLY!" but its idiots like that who ruin it for the other 99% of drivers. I fully support the police and their powers to confiscate cars in instances like that... and I never thought I would be saying that :lol:

I did laugh when the copper in the helicopter was talking about being able to spot street races and in the background you could see the harbour bridge... dont think there would be too many of them in the harbour...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:40 am 
T88

Car: Silvia S13
Ahh its always amusing watching things like that, its like when they did that thing on the binge drinking...who calls them "Alco-Pops" FFS?!

at the end of the day if you rock up to george st on a friday or saturday night or Lapa on a sunday then you are just asking for the police to get you...and yes it does look somewhat like what they show on these shows, all the fully hektiks doing burnouts in the carparks etc....then all fired up when the cops pull them over 2 mins later...

i've been defected twice, red stickered once going to livo kk's and once driving in the middle of the day in campbelltown to an on-site job for work...being sensible and polite each time, but they weren't interested, telling me i'd been doing burnouts when i had an almost brand new set of semi-slicks on the back of the car, as if i had just driven the car out of the tv screen from a scene out of the fast and the furious or something...

my car sleeps in my garage these days, and comes out for the occasional weekend drive, or going to and from track days once or twice a month lol...

Quote:
I like to drive the car, not look at lines on paper :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:55 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S13
God wrote:
I don't get harassed by cops at all, and my car is definitely loud and obnoxious. Guess the lack of P plates, and not being a knobjockey, really helps.

Agreed.
Whenever people ask me where i live and I saw "Mt Druitt" they almost always reply with something like "wow, your car must attract alot of attention from the police out there"
Truth is, I haven't been pulled over anywhere near my place. Closest I've had is an RBT, and by that I mean an actual RBT station, not a cop using that as an excuse to pull me over.
My car is loud and lowered.
So yeah, I too believe in the "no P plates and not driving like a knobjockey" help greatly :)

Truth is, due to the Olympics, the whole car hoon media hype has died down in recent months. Scumbag "reporters" (and I used that term loosely here) who sell their stories to Today Tonight and ACA like to bring this up every now and then as they know the story will always sell and they will always get tools to "perform" for them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:36 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: Honda Civic EK1 - Daily
Ever since i got my Greens, i havent been pulled over once. Very different from being on my reds

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:41 pm 
Twin T51

ak3rx wrote:
Ever since i got my Greens, i havent been pulled over once. Very different from being on my reds

ill agree this is true, ive been pulled over only twice since ive had the 200, and when i was on my reds i drove a stock silver mx6 (first car, b-day pressie!) and i got pulled over once every few weeks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:43 pm 
Twin T51

Car: 180sx RB26DETT
remember, people only think and remember the bad, but when it comes to the goods its a faded memory.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:49 pm 
T78 Hybrid

Car: 93' 180sx
very true dude.

iv been a fully licenced driver for quite a few years now but i still run into police who believe anything sporty must be a streetracer.

fortunately iv also ran into quite a few officers who have been nothing but polite and sometimes even complimentary and up for a car talk.

reason i started this topic was the fact i dont like categorization. it comes down to individuals who ruin it for the rest of us who obey the road rules.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:30 pm 
T03

Car: The Bangbus
mate it looked like a scene from "the fast and furious" when the cops came.. but with only dumb yallahs and fat bushpigs driving hyundais and pulsars... the skinny guy with the ratty thought he was the main actor.. people like that should hide their face in shame.. Police should find out their number plates and fine them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 6:46 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Channel 7 is fucking retarded along with its commercial- "you must think we are all idiot's" pop stories.
What crap they come up with to entertain people- it's down right insulting.
Swtich that shit off.
:evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:33 am 
Twin T51

Car: 180sx RB26DETT
it only takes a few people to ruin it for everyone...and most of the time its people who hold P1 drivers licences that get caught so they just stuff it up for their generation and the generation after.

Most of the people caught on TT or ACA are a bunch of idiots (hard K**** lebz) are just putting on a show for the camera....

Post subject: street racing
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:42 pm 
T03 Hybrid

Car: 200sx s14a
i saw that worst thing i have ever seen dumb s**t's i got pulled over on old windsor road doing the speed limit at 7 o'clock in the morning for an RBT they held me there for an hour to defect me for having a bov and a pod filter that's in a box.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 2:58 pm 
Twin T51

they arn't allowed to defect you at RBT's! cause RBT set ups are to catch drink drivers, having you there for an hour banks up the damn people who are there getting breath tested! or so thats how it is meant to work (mate of mine is a cop) cause i asked him why they didnt say anything about my car when i got pulled over for an RBT at 8:30am on double demerit long weekend (week after i got my car)... they aren't defect stations, they are breath test stations. fucking why have a defect station then!!
fucking stupid, i wish you could complain but in complaining you would get in more shit for having a BOV etc anyway.

useless society!