Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:17 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:11 am 
Twin T51

Car: silbeer
mate thats bs, my friend was in a similar situation and solved it by private nego..

i doubt shes not been home for a week, go and visit her place again but park afar and walk it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:29 am 
T25

Car: 180SX
I'm in exactly the same boat as you, right down to the amount to repair it...

The guy who hit me is adamant he was not at fault, though the damage to my car says otherwise (his wheels clearly turned and made the damage). He merged into my lane, even after I was 3/4 the way past him. Worst bit is, he doesn't even have insurance, and is a deadbeat truckie.

I'm also with JustCar and only have 3rd party, and they denied me under the Uninsured driver extension (as you would expect them to do given any opportunity; they're still a shit insurer).

They did refer me to Ligeti Partners in Melbourne who will send a LoD free of charge. When there is no response, then you go to court and pay them rediculous amounts (not at that stage yet).

It's just a shitty situation to be in, mainly because anyone who is in a position to help you is just after the bottom line, and really doesn't care about you at all. Do whatever you can on your own. I would recommend getting a licenced asessors report before you fix it so you have solid evidence of the damage if it goes to court.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:42 am 
T28 Hybrid

Car: 180sx
man that sucks, i good thing to do if you think about it at the time that is, is to have your phone record their voice admitting they were at fault, and take pics an whatnot

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:58 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S13
drrift180 wrote:
man that sucks, i good thing to do if you think about it at the time that is, is to have your phone record their voice admitting they were at fault, and take pics an whatnot

Have to get the person's permission before recording a phone conversation. It's illegal to record a phone conversation without permission or a warrant.

No one ever admits they're at fault anyway, even when it's obvious that they are.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:49 am 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
i cant believe people carry on like this. when i rear-ended someone, i told him sorry, its my fault. he rang me to tell me he was making an insurance claim. i told him no problems leave it with them and ill make sure i pay.

they sent me a letter, i accepted the charges and paid the bill. no problems. i was at fault, i paid the price.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:37 am 
T78 Hybrid

Car: s13
hey man sorry to hear bout your car i had something similar happen to me at a T section, a red p plater ran into my driver side front fender took him about 4 months to pay up. he wasnt going to till we threatened him at the gym lol. he payed the next day,all im saying is sometimes court letters dont work hahaha. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 10:38 pm 
T03

Car: 1998 200sx S14a
Hey All,

I know this post is old but i got good news!!! its pretty much been a year
and i took all the advice i could here, long story short, late last year i got my car repaired privately, told the assessors to take pictures and also
write down where the damage was done etc, at the same time i was
speaking to my lawyer about this, gave him pictures of the damage,
i made an excel sheet of the times i called the lady, when and where i went to the police station, what time and day i called her and so forth, that all paid off in the end, as i won the court case today 8)
it was a long journey, alot of frustration and expenses as well as i forked out just lawyer fees alone about $5000 and to fix my car $2700 in the end since my car did not exceed over 10k damage i was only able to get paid out for the repair costs and abut $700 for court fees, but i knew i was going to lose out financially, atleast i can tell myself i did what was right and not let this lady go out and stuff any other person.
so in the end i got about half of what i spent so,
car enthusiast - 1 - lady claiming i was hooning - 0

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:36 pm 
T88 Hybrid

Car: None yet...Too young!
FuknPknBro wrote:
Hey All,

I know this post is old but i got good news!!! its pretty much been a year
and i took all the advice i could here, long story short, late last year i got my car repaired privately, told the assessors to take pictures and also
write down where the damage was done etc, at the same time i was
speaking to my lawyer about this, gave him pictures of the damage,
i made an excel sheet of the times i called the lady, when and where i went to the police station, what time and day i called her and so forth, that all paid off in the end, as i won the court case today 8)
it was a long journey, alot of frustration and expenses as well as i forked out just lawyer fees alone about $5000 and to fix my car $2700 in the end since my car did not exceed over 10k damage i was only able to get paid out for the repair costs and abut $700 for court fees, but i knew i was going to lose out financially, atleast i can tell myself i did what was right and not let this lady go out and stuff any other person.
so in the end i got about half of what i spent so,
car enthusiast - 1 - lady claiming i was hooning - 0

:D

Ah good work, we're not all hoons :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:15 am 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
its good to see the law was on your side!! it sucks that it cost you to have your car repaired, but i guess its better than letting someone go for something they did. congrats!!