Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:52 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:00 am 
Twin T51

Car: 200sx s15
thanks for the welcomes everyone!

yeah the exemption crap is weird, and the law in general is shit, it hasn't stopped people from speeding in general, its a pointless law in my opinion!

Anyway, Zei thanks for that link :) i'll deffinately keep that in mind for a backup if this guy bails..23k is fine, it'll take me a month to scrap up the extra cash LOL

otherwise i'll upload pics to whichever car i get!

and as regards to drifting, i've done a bit in my mates old VK and loved it! haha... just practiced in the back streets of Cromer a couple of times, but his is an auto (with a shift kit but still..auto!)

Phillb, i've seen you around too! haha it is a small world, i didn't realise so many would be on the beaches!

Magnet, we called up the RTA at Warriewood. they arn't just giving them out, it took dad about 30 mins to explain the situation in a few different ways before they gave the OK. Only because the MX6 is still under the family name, "why are you selling it why don't you just buy an ordinary car" etc. :)

Locky, is that warriewood autobarn or..?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:18 pm 
Twin T66

Car: 1988 Nissan Silvia Ks
~bb~ wrote:

yeah the exemption crap is weird, and the law in general is shit, it hasn't stopped people from speeding in general, its a pointless law in my opinion!

Anyway, Zei thanks for that link :) i'll deffinately keep that in mind for a backup if this guy bails..23k is fine, it'll take me a month to scrap up the extra cash LOL

and as regards to drifting, i've done a bit in my mates old VK and loved it! haha... just practiced in the back streets of Cromer a couple of times, but his is an auto (with a shift kit but still..auto!)

Phillb, i've seen you around too! haha it is a small world, i didn't realise so many would be on the beaches!

Magnet, we called up the RTA at Warriewood. they arn't just giving them out, it took dad about 30 mins to explain the situation in a few different ways before they gave the OK. Only because the MX6 is still under the family name, "why are you selling it why don't you just buy an ordinary car" etc. :)

The RTA at Warriewood doesn't give out exemptions.

You have to make an application in writing, and then it goes to the Exemptions Unit. They make a decision.

I will be very surprised if you are granted an exemption.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:34 pm 
Twin T51

i want a silvia wrote:
~bb~ wrote:

The RTA at Warriewood doesn't give out exemptions.

You have to make an application in writing, and then it goes to the Exemptions Unit. They make a decision.

I will be very surprised if you are granted an exemption.

We talked to the lady at the RTA and she fowarded us an email with the exemption form attached and a record in saying we should be granted it under our circumstances which we will be forwarding to the exemption unit too..

we will see how it goes when the time comes..i'm pretty sure the chick would be up for fraud saying we can get one under our circumstances and we dont, i have parents and work backing me up for it. i'll let you all know if we don't get it.. and she had the balls to send it in email for a record

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:43 pm 
T51

Car: S14a
Unfortunately just because a lady at the RTA says you "should" doesn't mean you will..
She can't get done for absolutely anything either, due to the fact that she didnt say "You will 100% get an exepmtion" she merely believed you "should" due to your circumstances..

Unfortunately saying something "should" happen does not mean it will..
Police "should" be fighting criminals instead of car enthusiats, It doesnt mean they "will"

Due to the circumstances I think if you haven't got an exemption by now & truly want an S15 then you should start looking for a Varietta because chances are Turbo is no Go for you.

I want a Silvia & (locky) have both tried to get an exemption & I want a Silvia was trying to get an exemption to drive a CA 130kw S13.. not an SR 150kw S15..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:58 pm 
Twin T51

Shypo wrote:
Unfortunately just because a lady at the RTA says you "should" doesn't mean you will..
She can't get done for absolutely anything either, due to the fact that she didnt say "You will 100% get an exepmtion" she merely believed you "should" due to your circumstances..

Unfortunately saying something "should" happen does not mean it will..
Police "should" be fighting criminals instead of car enthusiats, It doesnt mean they "will"

Due to the circumstances I think if you haven't got an exemption by now & truly want an S15 then you should start looking for a Varietta because chances are Turbo is no Go for you.

I want a Silvia & (locky) have both tried to get an exemption & I want a Silvia was trying to get an exemption to drive a CA 130kw S13.. not an SR 150kw S15..

she didn't say should she said i will get it just fill out the form and send it along with her email attached

but it all is true...it probably will be no go, reading the rant I Want A Silvia had, that they dont seem to know what to do with the form once they receive it.. i wonder if they even read it.

do police even check? my mate has been driving around a turbo VL for god knows and he's been pulled over, and never been checked or done for the turbo sitting under his bonnet. has a very loud BOV too...

my bf drives the really bright blue VU SS ute with the blue mirror tints, thats a V8 and he's had a ps1 tune done to it, new air intake etc. he's on his Green P's and still cops fail to notice the restrictions.

I wonder if i can throw the "im stupid im a female" card if it doesn't get approved, and they manage to notice im under the prohibited vehicle restrictions.

lol we will see, i'm off my green p's in 6 months anyway. who knows i may not sell my car for 6 months and none of this will matter :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:04 pm 
TO4

Car: S14A
shypo- since when do police "fight" car enthusiasts

also, police do check, im on my green p's with a very obviously turbo/modified car. had my restrictions checked a couple of times during rbt/rdt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:06 pm 
T51

Depends if they have been pulled over not before & also a VL doesn't automatically say "Im a turbo car!! Pull me over!!!" - Ther'es thousands on our roads as Im sure you've seen & probably 1 in 20 is Turbo..

An S15 is a very different story to a VL or a Commodore.. an S15 Screams "Look at me!!! Im Turbo!!!!" & most police officers being police officers automatically assume that your S15 is turbo because lets face it.. 90% of them on the road are..

No matter how much you want to believe what that woman at the RTA said.. chances are.. she has no idea.. I asked a person at the RTA re: the legalities of having a bolt in half cage in my car.. there response was "Yeah it'd be ok.. Its making the car safer isn't it?"
Any proper RTA signatory would have laughed in my face & told me to go get an engineers certificate...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:08 pm 
T51

Utesta wrote:
shypo- since when do police "fight" car enthusiasts

also, police do check, im on my green p's with a very obviously turbo/modified car. had my restrictions checked a couple of times during rbt/rdt

I dont know about you but I seem to get pulled over a f*cking sh*tload.. Its more the fact that they are trying to "fight us" as a group..
you took the word "fight" out of context.. Im not talking about punching on :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:12 pm 
TO4

no i didnt mean punching on. i just dislike how everyone thinks all the cops are just "out to get them"

i agree hwp can be severe knts and just pull people over. but a great deal of the nsw police force is out there protecting the general community. just my opinion...no point going on about it.

more interested in this expemtion talk now lol.

bb- considered an autech?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:14 pm 
Twin T51

Shypo wrote:
Depends if they have been pulled over not before & also a VL doesn't automatically say "Im a turbo car!! Pull me over!!!" - Ther'es thousands on our roads as Im sure you've seen & probably 1 in 20 is Turbo..

An S15 is a very different story to a VL or a Commodore.. an S15 Screams "Look at me!!! Im Turbo!!!!" & most police officers being police officers automatically assume that your S15 is turbo because lets face it.. 90% of them on the road are..

No matter how much you want to believe what that woman at the RTA said.. chances are.. she has no idea.. I asked a person at the RTA re: the legalities of having a bolt in half cage in my car.. there response was "Yeah it'd be ok.. Its making the car safer isn't it?"
Any proper RTA signatory would have laughed in my face & told me to go get an engineers certificate...

yeah mate of mines boyfriend, he's a member here i just dunno his username drives a non turbo s15 thats blue..

i get pulled over alot. by the same old bald guy, who always asks how my days been. its actually kinda creepy :-?

if worst comes to worst and i get done for it ill just drive the large chrysler voyager (company car) for a couple of months hahaha

embarassingg..... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:16 pm 
TO4

~bb~ wrote:

i get pulled over alot. by the same old bald guy, who always asks how my days been. its actually kinda creepy :-?

id totally consider becoming a cop to pull over decent looking sorts :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:17 pm 
T51

Utesta wrote:
no i didnt mean punching on. i just dislike how everyone thinks all the cops are just "out to get them"

i agree hwp can be severe knts and just pull people over. but a great deal of the nsw police force is out there protecting the general community. just my opinion...no point going on about it.

more interested in this expemtion talk now lol.

bb- considered an autech?

I don't think the cops are out to get me at all.. I just know that I wouldnt get pulled over half as much if I didnt have a modified car..
I totally agree with you.. I just wish they would dedicate more of there time to catching Murderists, rapists & pedophiles opposed to worrying about some people who like spending cash on there car...

BB - I think your talking about Magnet :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:28 pm 
TO4

Shypo wrote:
Murderists

:lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:37 pm 
T51

Utesta wrote:
Shypo wrote:
Murderists

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I didnt even notice I wrote that :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:45 pm 
TO4

Shypo wrote:
Utesta wrote:
Shypo wrote:
Murderists

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I didnt even notice I wrote that :lol:

look bb, after owning a 200 you TOO can become illiterate due to all the turbo g forces omg...

see im not spamming, still helping bb with 200 advice lol

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next