Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:30 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:06 am 
Twin T66

Car: 1988 Nissan Silvia Ks
This is a kinda long story, but I'll try and explain it so it makes sense...

Yesterday when I rocked up to work at my office in Lane Cove (off Epping Road) the car park was full. The service station car park was also full, so I had to park accross the Lane Cove River at the end of a cul-de-sac next to the football field. I then walked accross the bridge and up the street to work.

I finished at 10pm, and as often happens, a mate of mine wanted to go for a coffee. He met me at the servo next to my work, where he was getting fuel. We left there at about 10.20pm, and he gave me a lift back through North Ryde to where my car was parked, so I could pick it up and we could both go drive to get coffees.

First thing that was weird was that this guy was following us in an S14a. I had seen it at the servo - it was a stockish looking red one, stock rims, but dumped a fair bit. So we get to the end of the cul-de-sac and he pulls up next to us.

He started accusing us of throwing eggs at his car! He said he was driving down Epping Road, and someone threw eggs at his car then ran off. Obviously it wasn't us, and after a while he figured this out and left...but mate, if you are out there, send me a PM as you may be able to solve this mystery.

It was about this time that we noticed parked 15 metres away there was an N13 Pulsar. It looked like it had been resprayed, it had rims, an exhaust, and was lowered. It also had the driver's window smashed, and there was glass all over the ground.

My mate and I grab a torch and head down to check it out, there was no-one in the car, but I could see wiring hanging down. We figured it must be a couple of kids, or the would-be thief has done a runner when he saw us coming down the street.

We knocked on the door of a neighbour to see if she knew who owned the car. She didn't. As we were speaking to her, I heard this rustling in the bushes down the road. We are both thinking FUCK and as we run back out onto the street, he starts the car, does a u-turn and guns it up the street!!

My mate runs for his car, and I run for mine, and we both follow him. The krunt runs a red light onto Epping Road, and heads towards the city. At this stage my mate was caught by the lights, as was I, and we lost him.

We had both rung the police of course, but unfortunately we couldn't provide them with the rego. The police came to the scene of the robbery and asked questions, took photos.

Now here is where it gets really weird: in the bushes where he was hiding, and next to the car, were bags and bags of eggs. If anyone on here can figure out why, I'll be damned, because I can't. About the only plausible theory I can come up with is that kids were egging stuff, saw the guy stealing the car, and got scared and bolted. Meanwhile, the thief for some reason takes all the eggs?

I mean, why would you egg cars on Epping Road (on your own), and then run across a bridge over the Lane Cove River to steal a car...it doesn't make ANY sense.

Suffice to say, if red S14a guy can get in contact with me, he would have seen the person(s) that threw eggs at him, and we got a good look at the thief...so we could work out if they are the same person.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:42 am 
T51

Car: S14a
Random shit Pete!! Good on you though for trying to save someones N13 & trying to catch a filthy car theif :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:54 am 
Twin T66

Car: 1988 Nissan Silvia Ks
Yeah, I know it was an N13, but probably someones pride...

Farkin sucks, I'm never parking my car there again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:13 pm 
T51

Car: S14a
i want a silvia wrote:
Yeah, I know it was an N13, but probably someones pride...

Farkin sucks, I'm never parking my car there again.

Wasnt having a go mate :P I was being serious :)

I'd be f*cking cheering if someone came to my cars aid if it was in trouble..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 4:16 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

good work dude. thats the right attitude regardless of what car it is. there was potential for a F&F style chase but good thing you and your mate and your cars came to no harm.

ps saw your car at the gym again today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:36 pm 
TO4

Car: none
maybe the guy was selectively egging cars from there so people (like the guy in the s14) would come up to investigate and then he could car jack them when they turn up to find the guy who was throwing the eggs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 11:43 pm 
T03

Car: R33
glad you reported it to the cops!!

Hopefully the person who stole the car got caught!!