Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:21 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:24 pm 
T25

Car: Integra Da9 JDM
Hi all,

doing my society and culture Personal Intrest Project on Street racing. would like to collect data on the views that everyone has and what effects you have felt if you have been caught. i chose this pip topic because alot of p platers have got done for street racing.

what are your views on:

1.street racing
2.after being caught doing street racing
3.punishment(what the magistrate ruled for you, if they confiscated your car or on the spot fines etc)
4.racing but not exceeding the speed limit(lining up but not passing the speed limit)
5.if the punishment was fair/unfair.
6.the FACT report that the police gave you, if it helped you or if it didn't.
7.How old were you/your friends when you/they had your first street race.
8. Was it a repeated offence that you did?(was it on a regular basis)
9. if you would race again after you have been caught now would you do it on the dragstrip/tracks?

Try to answer the questions would me much appreciated. its a 8000 word essay so all suggestions will be counted for and will be recorded for use onto my school work.

i would like you to post it here if thats possible but if your reluctant please pm it to me, all cars are welcome and any driver at any age this is a very broad subject that i am studying and thanks for the responses. please dont spam and all questions may be answered or some that you have may be answered in sentence form instead of point. if theres any questions regarding this thread please pm me and i will answer your questions as i dont want to bother the mods to delete irrelevant posts

thanks for the nissan silvia community help.

if you would like to remain annoymous i will be glade to recieve pm's on your answers and keep your identity annoymous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda[cRx] View Post
sorry dude but anyone would be retarded to admit to anything in this thread. police would troll this forum just like they do nissan silvia.
ANSWER TO PANDA[CRX]::(this was on ozhonda)
having spoken to some constables and police supervisors from one of the largest police stations in NSW, they have said that they are "free to speak of their past crimes". the officers will be remained annoymous to this thread.

if the police are monitoring this forum and this thread. there is no hard evidence there that you have done it besides you just admitting it over the internet when you may be lying.

IT IS ALL UP TO YOU, what you want to say or what you do not want to say if you are scared of the cop trolling this then please dont post things you feel you might be dobbing yourself in for

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:03 am 
Twin T66

Car: 1990 Nissan Silvia
Today tonight material yes?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:40 am 
T78 Hybrid

Car: 93' 180sx
ummm dude are you a cop.......

might find more braggers on ns.com, good luck with the essay tho

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 7:12 am 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
1. I don't street race.

2. Have never been caught street racing. Have been accused of it,but wasn't actually doing it. apparently,driving along the street normally with more than one other car of the same model,driven by someone you associate with,and heading to the same destination,is street racing.

3. see above,I haven't been charged with it.

4. this is stupid.

5. occasionally,the charges people receive are unfair. being defected after being pulled over for an RBT is unfair. having your car impounded for a minor rolling-back skid when taking off on a wet road up a hill is unfair. losing your car for drag racing through a shopping centre,with kids in the back of your car isn't.

6. again,see above. what's a FACT report? have never heard of it.

7. I got booked for speeding and lost my license when I was 16. I was told I was racing by the attending officer. what I was doing was following two other car loads of friends to a party. the lead car knew the address of we were going,myself and the other car did not. the lead car was speeding,we were following. I was in a 202 torana,the other car was a gemini,the lead car was a nimbus. I didn't know you won races from the back of the group...

8. no.

9. I always race on the track.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:24 am 
T03 Hybrid

Car: s13
1.Dont condone street racing as a shit load of people can be injured
2.Never been caught as i dont street race
3.ref 2
4.cant you get fined for excessive excelartion?
5.ref 2 an 1
6.ref 5,2,1
7.you average age would be 17 to 19yr old
8. never street raced.
9. real men race on the track.

remember kids, drugs are bad an stay in school. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:28 am 
Twin T51

Car: 180sx RB26DETT
here are my views.

1.I simply dont do its a waste of petrol

2.Never done so never been

3.Punishment is fair if you were actually street racing, alot on here would agree that if you try to over take someone who is driving slower than the speed limit. However, as soon as you try to over take them they speed up to not let you in thats considered street racing by the police if your in im Modified car.

4.Most street racers exceed limit

5.Unfair, RBT's should strictly be RBT's not Defects. If its for Defects Police should say i've stopped you over for a Defect.

6.Some police are fans of imports and they seem to be more easy going and more advice giving then those who are not import fans.

7. well actually you see street races every day on the streets, most of them are just little holdens and fords trying to show off.

8. Never done it

9. Track is way more fun and safe then local roads.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:14 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Tree Fiddy
Samm928 wrote:
having spoken to some constables and police supervisors from one of the largest police stations in NSW, they have said that they are "free to speak of their past crimes". the officers will be remained annoymous to this thread.

The principle of Double Jeopardy says that you can't be convicted of the same crime twice. So anyone that has been caught and served their punishment, and now admits it online, will be fine.

Those that admit to doing stuff online and weren't convicted, however, do not share those same protections. There are plenty of guys who've been fucked for bragging about shit on the Internet after doing it, whether it be by text or video.

The cops can say all they like about how they're not going to book people, but what they say and what they do are two different things. People will remember that Hot4s cruise a couple of years ago to Terrigal, where the organisers did the right thing and reported it to the cops who promised that they wouldn't overly scrutinise the attendees....and then set up a defect station at the F3 turnoff and checked everyone.

So yeah, you would have to be an idiot to brag about something online. Post at your own risk.

Go chrome or go home
Sneezin's Pleasin'
Da flutta is bred and butta
NOS is boss
Try to be different, just like everyone else
No boost? Ya just loost

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:11 pm 
T03 Hybrid

Car: s13
Scathing wrote:
Samm928 wrote:

The principle of Double Jeopardy says that you can't be convicted of the same crime twice. So anyone that has been caught and served their punishment, and now admits it online, will be fine.

Those that admit to doing stuff online and weren't convicted, however, do not share those same protections. There are plenty of guys who've been fucked for bragging about shit on the Internet after doing it, whether it be by text or video.

The cops can say all they like about how they're not going to book people, but what they say and what they do are two different things. People will remember that Hot4s cruise a couple of years ago to Terrigal, where the organisers did the right thing and reported it to the cops who promised that they wouldn't overly scrutinise the attendees....and then set up a defect station at the F3 turnoff and checked everyone.

So yeah, you would have to be an idiot to brag about something online. Post at your own risk.

yeh i remember that cruise. luckly i live on the coast then so didnt get defected at f3 turn off. but i went down to the haven an they blocked the entry off an they went nuts on the cars down there, ok the cops shouldnt of been doin this. but they should have been "patrolling" the esplande an avoca/terrigal drive because if i can recall correctly there were alot of people doin burnouts an other stupid fuckwit behaviour.

my rant for the day about the fucking po po

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:25 pm 
T03 Hybrid

Car: S15
in Newcastle almost every Thursday night they block the foreshore off ( where every one in new does their cruzin) at both ends so you can't get out unless you drive through a defect check. from what ive been hearing the are starting to target the bombadores and the boards however its still a major hassle. Me and my gf go for walk along the breakwall there but to get into the parking area u have to drive along the foreshore with the chance of being locked in to be checked even if ur not there for the cars. defects annoy me they are surposed to be for removing dangerous cars off the road, however i'd feel and be much safer in an s15 with a noisy exhaust than a vl commy with rust everywear. however i get defected , he didn't. go figure

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:08 am 
Quad T78

Car: S14a
Samm928 what are your views on:

1.street racing - I cut hekticly sick on the street....
2.after being caught doing street racing - I dont get caught i have turbo...
3.punishment(what the magistrate ruled for you, if they confiscated your car or on the spot fines etc) - The didnt catch me (read above) i cut sick...
4.racing but not exceeding the speed limit(lining up but not passing the speed limit) - Its ok if you just munji under the speed limit....
5.if the punishment was fair/unfair. - What punishment didnt you read above?????? I was munjing every where. And there was cops behind me but there where in a falcadoor and when the tried munji the just understeered into a gutter and i got away....
6.the FACT report that the police gave you, if it helped you or if it didn't. - They didnt give me a fact report as they where to busy scratching there head wondering why there V8 aussi car had undered into a gutter and my jap crap was going hekticly sideways up the street...
7.How old were you/your friends when you/they had your first street race. - As soon as i got my P plates i knew i was shit hot and could cut sick.....
8. Was it a repeated offence that you did?(was it on a regular basis) - Yes i go side way every where my car is never straight.....
9. if you would race again after you have been caught now would you do it on the dragstrip/tracks? - Dragstrip/track/street it all good for cutting sick....

WTF, go away. This sounds like something lame off TT, ACA, jdmst or something else stupid trying to be smart. Your post is shit, you own a honda (its shit) your in school (its shit) so far all ive worked out is your just shit.

Last edited by JayS14 on Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:00 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

what are your views on:

1.street racing - fun-rush-can be done properly in a low risk environment.(Yes they exist). Personally- if you street race- you must take into many factors- ie, time of day- road conditions, your state of mind. But for the people not involved, stupid, senseless, high risk, dangerous and intolerable.

2.after being caught doing street racing - I feel no pity for those who get done. Serves them right.

3.punishment(what the magistrate ruled for you, if they confiscated your car or on the spot fines etc) - do not know

4.racing but not exceeding the speed limit (lining up but not passing the speed limit) -
can be done, but not worth it. Your talking from 0-80 max- only 2nd gear, not worth the effort. Or coming onto an entry point on motorways rolling start to 110. That could be better as most people will go 10-15 over the limit as that usually allows for the "buffer" point on police radars. Well thats my limit. 2 cars speeding at he same time does not indicate street racing either.

5.if the punishment was fair/unfair. - If your illegal street racing- the punishment is usually fair. If you didnt see the undercover cop car that busted you- OPEN your eyes!

6.the FACT report that the police gave you, if it helped you or if it didn't. - dont know.

7.How old were you/your friends when you/they had your first street race. - 88 :lol:

8. Was it a repeated offence that you did?(was it on a regular basis). No never got busted.

9. if you would race again after you have been caught now would you do it on the dragstrip/tracks?
Being 88 I dont street race. Race circuits are more fun, going on drag strip / straight lines bores me. However I have a very short attention span for all types of motorsports.

added- Street racing will always be there same as drugs, corruption and shit reporting. Disecting the attitudes and mind set it in street racing- is about as worthless as tits on a bull. :lol: