Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:26 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Need Help !!! Urgent !!!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:11 pm 
T25

Car: 180Sx
Hey there Guy's & Gal's..... I'm new 2 the site so here's the info that i need help on.... I'm currently building a drift spec Silvia !!!

My main question is...
I like 2 lease it out for drift event's, but i don't know how much 2 charge or how the contract will go ??? Remember... I'm putting into this vehicle everything !!!! like around 15g's worth of goodies....

Sr20det
Front mount
turbo, external gate etc
5 speed box
Twin plate Ogura Clutch
2 way lsd
Full adjustable Ohlin's Coilover's
5stud Conversion with R33 front brake's & rotor's
Full 7 point roll cage
2 Recaro Fixed back bucket seat's
Harness's
Wheel's
New paint (Candy)

Now i'm worried i'll get burnt and it doesn't go 2 how'd i planed ???? Wot if they write it off ??? wot if they can't pay 4 the repair's ??? etc etc

This is my problem and I NEED HELP!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:22 pm 
TO4

Car: 200sx & 180sx
Jun Spec Rps13 wrote:
Hey there Guy's & Gal's..... I'm new 2 the site so here's the info that i need help on.... I'm currently building a drift spec Silvia !!!

My main question is...
I like 2 lease it out for drift event's, but i don't know how much 2 charge or how the contract will go ??? Remember... I'm putting into this vehicle everything !!!! like around 15g's worth of goodies....

Sr20det
Front mount
turbo, external gate etc
5 speed box
Twin plate Ogura Clutch
2 way lsd
Full adjustable Ohlin's Coilover's
5stud Conversion with R33 front brake's & rotor's
Full 7 point roll cage
2 Recaro Fixed back bucket seat's
Harness's
Wheel's
New paint (Candy)

Now i'm worried i'll get burnt and it doesn't go 2 how'd i planed ???? Wot if they write it off ??? wot if they can't pay 4 the repair's ??? etc etc

This is my problem and I NEED HELP!!!

Why would you put candy paint on a car your going to rent out to people to take to the track. People WILL crash it, wether they indend on it or not... You cant just respray one panel. It will never be the same. Nothing wrong with white buddy.
Also, if they are RENTING the car off you, i'd say they wouldnt be paying for the repairs, that you would infact be. Im sure this would be incured in the cost of renting the car off you?? You would have to have some sort of buisness of such to do this anyways for insurance purposes ????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:32 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S15
Your so smart Sarah :D

What she said!! :)

Post subject: That was an Idea....
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:33 pm 
T25

Car: 180Sx
Thanx 4 that.....Candy was an option so that the car is more appealing....

But yeah, i'll stick with the original Black it come wid.....
Just thought the customer would like 2 be drifting in a nice attractive looking car..... You know taking pic's of themselve's or filming there day out etc.... But yeah thanx for the info....I'll keep it basic, but i still need help with the cost, contract etc.... Don't know if the customer can afford 2 repair the vehicle if damaged ???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:34 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
id be insuring a car i 'rent' to someone, you would need to be a legit business i would guess. but my other guess is that no insurance company will insure you while its driven on the track so youll be copping any repair bill!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:34 pm 
T78 Hybrid

Car: s13
have some sort of insurance have a contract lol they crash it they pay for it if they dont you get there house lol :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:00 pm 
T04 Hybrid

Car: s15
Maybe you should have a talk to some of those that are in a similar business, like the guys that hire out WRX's http://www.breakloose.com.au/display_pa ... 1453195918

Or even Ian Luff http://www.breakloose.com.au/display_pa ... 1453195918

They should have some solid advise :wink: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:34 pm 
Twin T51

Car: 180sx RB26DETT
thats a bad business, you need alot of money and usually a contract that says "all damages will be paid by the person renting the car"

i mean if they are new to drifting i could almost say that they will damage the car in some way.

think about it, if i said you can use my car for 200per day but if you damage it you will pay for the cost???

would you take the chances?

i know i wouldn't, rally schools and driving schools are insured under a rent agreement with insurance company but it cost quite a fair bit for just insuring one vehicle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:19 pm 
T03 Hybrid

Car: S15
as for the look of the car just get some stickers for it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:17 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
two things.

1. what's so urgent about this? you make it sound like it's something that already happened today,like you'd crashed your car,or were beaten up or something,not a half-arsed plan you have for a venture in the future. your thread title is misleading.

2. Where did you pull this idea from? you're thinking about building ONE car,to RENT to randoms off of the street to go drifting in.
first up,WHERE are they going to drift it,then,WHO is going to pay for liability, and third,HOW are you going to promote it?

do you know for certain that people are going to be kicking your door in to pay to drive this car? because you'd want to have all of the above covered solidly before you even think about getting a car built.
people baulk at paying a hundred bucks to go race a go-kart,what makes you think they'll be happy to pay you hundreds to drive your car?
add to that the cost of everything they bust,and they WILL break things,how are you going to recoup that money quickly enough to keep the car running to earn you money,or even recoup it at all?

Some rental car companies self-insure. bayswater for example. you pay them for 'insurance' when you hire their cars. they pocket that cash. if you smash one of their cars,they hit you with an excess of $500 or so,depending on what you broke. that is ALL they get back. what kind of excess can you expect people to willingly agree to? enough to cover replacement gearboxes,panels,re-sprays?

you need to think about this a hell of a lot more than you have so far.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:48 pm 
Twin T51

i drove a v8 supercar 6 laps around the creek for $300 something bucks, and that is way more exciting to drive, than a silvia with $15000 under the hood :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:03 am 
Twin T51

andy's-s13 wrote:
i drove a v8 supercar 6 laps around the creek for $300 something bucks, and that is way more exciting to drive, than a silvia with $15000 under the hood :)

100% Agreed to that it drove and evo6 at the rally school hot laps and it a KAAAA-Billion times better

it cost me 370 bucks for a whole day but if any damages happen i didnt pay for anything =) its all delt with in the 370.oo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:07 am 
Admin Team
Admin Team

Car: Hello Kitty!
I can see some serious problems with this plan.

1) relibility. It's a hire car, it'll get treated like shit. What happens when a client clutch kicks on a big entry and shreds 3rd gear? Do they get refunded for the day? I'd be demanding a refund if it was me. I'd say that you would be liable for repair of that damage because, as a drift car, thats the sort of stuff it needs to handle. If it can't then forget about it now. (and for 15k its going to be a time bomb btw as you haven't spent 6k on a box yet).

2) I see no mention of adjustable arms, strengthened tie rods, etc. But more importantly i don't see a radiator or an oil cooler on your list. I reiterate, your car will be treated like shit. It will be getting flogged by ham fisted, talentless morons who have no idea what they are doing. They will overheat it as they will not be sympathetic like they would be with their own cars.

3) Anyone who is going to hire a drift car can't afford to run their own, which means they could not afford to repair yours if they crash it. If they hit some kitty litter sideways and roll it then it's effectively fucked. Can your potential clients afford to reshell a car and replace other damaged components?

Honestly, i think you need to look at your budget up front and atleast double it. Before you even think about hiring out a car you need the thing to be as bullet proof as you can make it. I've only picked on a couple of things here. I haven't gone into lack of injectors, air flow meter, ecu, fuel system.

Then start thinking about hire costs and insurance, becasue honestly, if you do a proper budget on what it will cost you to get an S car up to the level it needs to be, you will forget about this idea completely. I'd expect well over 30k.

Not trying to be harsh or snuff out the idea, but you haven't properly looked at this thing yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:10 am 
Twin T51

wow is every here working in the marketing or business development area here?

:D lots of business advice flying around here, i should post up some business ideas

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:35 am 
Twin T51

i think the bloke is confused or something in life.....
this is a good idea you have, but it will require way more attention and money than what you might think it will.
it will have to be treated like a business and really in the end you really arent going to get any money in the pocket, it will all go on maintaining the car, so unless you do proper job and think it through like the guys that rent out supercars, evos, lamborghinis etc....