Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:25 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 9:28 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: s13 silvia
hey all is there such a thing as a direct bolt on supercharger for a s13 silvia???? also anyone know much about superchargers for silvia. i was thinking something different than chucking a t28 or something on

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:09 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Fa(s)t red boat
It's been done a couple of times, was a bloke in Australia that did it a few years ago to an SR20. But it's hardly a 'bolt on', more like major surgery to fit it all in I'd imagine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:16 pm 
T28 Hybrid

oh yeah i could imagine but someone on ebay said they are selling a s13 silvia with a bolt on supercharger. i got me thinking. so asked him about it and he goes its a 4agze supercharger from a corrolla and goes its a bolt on. i hardly think so hey?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:29 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Fa(s)t red boat
Yeah I'd also imagine the 4agze is a little small for a 2L, friend had a sprinter with one hooked up to it, it was 'alright' and easy enough to do with the layout of the engine. On the SR20 you've sort of got to make up some brakets and extra pullys for it somewhere down low and redo all the piping on one side.
Whereas, a T28, uninspiring, comparatively cheap and boring as it may seem, only takes a few hours to drop in and is a much nicer animal than the even more uninspiring T25 it evicts, from an existing position with virtually f-all modifications aside from bending some oil lines. Superchargers are expensive, especially if you're looking for more than something than a 4agze blower from a wreckers, given the difficulty of doing it, better off doing something good than a half arse job. End result is still going to be just kind of the same anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:32 pm 
T28 Hybrid

yeh good point mate. well it just got me thinking thats why.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:33 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
the SC12 is hardly big enough for the 4AGZE,so there's not a lot of point putting in all the required effort to fit one to an SR20. you may as well bolt a T25 on and have the same lack of top end power that way.

the SC14 from a 1GGZE would be a better match,as it's larger,coming off of a 2L 6 banger,but again,it's a LOT of work,for not much gain.

to make the effort worthwhile you'd want to bolting an eaton or something similar to it. for the cost though,it's not really worthwhile.

fit a 1UZFE V8 if you prefer all your torque below 2500rpm.

or fit a GT2530. great response,and a proven path.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:09 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: silvia
its just not worth it after all is said & done it will more than likley cost you as much as a t28 to set up (more i would assume), & that would be with a 2nd hand unit from another factory car & i would guess you would make less power than with a t28 with either of the more avaliable sc12-14.

not to mention that if you wanna run more boost thab the factory 8psi on these things you need a pulley kit & last time i checked the nevo unit fo the sc12 was $300 2nd hand & unavaliable new.

to tell you the truth i went the other way round, i sold off the sc12 on my 4agze sprinter & replaced it with the t28 & i must say it was the best thing i ever did for that car

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:31 pm 
T25

Car: s14 q's
club member at
www.nissansilvia.co.nz
name: forever_sideways
in the photoalbum section has a entire 7 page thread about his s14 with a sr20de+r

uses a standard 10:1 S14 sr20de and a SC14 from a toyota.

makes 150rwkw on 5.5psi

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:21 pm 
Banned

if the sc12 bolts straight on wat else would u have 2 do or just run a belt 2 it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:15 am 
T25

Car: s14 q's
jdc323 wrote:
if the sc12 bolts straight on wat else would u have 2 do or just run a belt 2 it.

who said it bolts straight on?

read the thread

the sc12 would be too small for a 2L.

using a sc14 you will need to custom mount it. most people take off the aircon or powersteering and use that pulley drive to power the sc. you will need a good tensioner to make sure that the belt doesnt slip. then you will need to plumb it all up (maybe including an intercooler), fix a bypass/diverter valve back into the intake and get some sort of fueling support (injectors, pump, ecu, tune).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:24 am 
Token Old Guy

Car: 180SX
If you do a search on SC14 you will see this topic has been discussed several times on this forum before. I still think this idea could work. I built my current exhaust manifold around puttting both the 3076 and SC14 on together. With the right exhaust manifold I do believe it will fit nicely.