Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:43 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:33 pm 
Quad T66

Car: 200sx
cypher1024 wrote:
The ad agency seems to think that we'll believe anything we see on tv.

The road toll in Australia isn't that bad. I know it sounds harsh, but there's enough education already. If you kill yourself in a car, it's just Darwinian evolution at work.

maybe you dont, but im sure a hell of alot of people believe any shit they see on tv! hell why else would today tonight get good ratings..

agree on the fact that they are idiots for trying to reduce the road toll to zero, especially with such 'cheap' tactics. people will always die on the road no matter what you do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:25 pm 
Twin T66

Car: CA18DET 180sx
Well, got a responce from the Advertising authority in regards to my complaint, and it's been reviewed and will be passed across to the board for a full review of the advertisement.

Hopefully they wont pull government bullshit and pass it under the grounds it was created by a government department or agency, hopefully they will review it and pass or deny the ad based on it's actual content.

B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:24 am 
T04 Hybrid

Car: SW20 MR2
i still think this commercial will work, but i just realised that it may lose some credibilty:

Speeding: No one thinks big of you...

After seeing that commercial... i noticed no-one was speeding...

All three cases were classed as wreckless and unsafe driving...

1. Rolling burnout... wreckless and endangering others and there is no indication the vehicle was exceeding the posted limits

2. Driving pass the zebra crossing.. complacent driving and lack of awareness... you could argue he was speeding but the commercial did not show any intentions that he was...

3. Slammed VL drifting (fish tailing coz we know commies cant 'control' a slide'... losing traction around a corner means the vehicle is traveling a slower speed... again wreckless and not speeding...

Not one of the above example really emphasize the so called 'speeding'. I dont think a 'safety camera' (formerly known as a speed camera) could snap any of them...

I think the government just shot themselves in the foot... believing that speeding is the major factor in road fatalities... and yet the commercials are all examples of wreckless/neg driving...

Put simply, stop revenue raising... and bring out more patrol cars show presence...

Also, very gender bias... though girls may not do the above, they are known to SMS and easily distracted whilst driving... ie gossip... make up.. etc...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:35 am 
Quad T88

Car: S15
Mako wrote:
and bring out more patrol cars show presence

That's what they need to do. If people are heading out to do some 'street racing' or the like, and there is a heavy presence of patrol cars out and about, even general duties, they're going to think twice about what they're doing, if not can the idea all together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:22 pm 
T04 Hybrid

Car: 93 B13 NX-R
im abit late in on this one... but heck why not voice my opinion..

Seriously.. when u were a kid, didnt you wana play with the taps alot? or try burn things on the stove for fun? or anything that is remotely similar to this?...

If you did, did you either get away with it until you got bored of it? Or, did you nearly burn the house down and say ooooo shit.... and never did it again? or perhaps your one of those people we hear about on the news burning factories down and shiet.

what im getting at is.. im fairly certain that if there was absolutely NO chance of getting caught for speeding or anything like that, people would be going Ape shit running around like hoons. hell i would. im also certain that the road toll would go up and accidents would be 10x more common. yet do you think people might learn their lesson? might loose the rush they feel when they get away with it? might just get over it ?

in the 70s cops were so much fewer just as were laws, ask ur parents they will tell u. and look at what they drove, big slippery overpowered under engineered tanks. cars that in comparison to modern cars would have no handling or stoping ability, yet lots of grunt and speed. and where have we gone? better cars, better roads, higher road tolls?

Im not sure if itl work.... but I am sure that a large majority of the drivers who ARE causing problems on the road, get off on the rush from getting away with it.

im sure u guys get what im trying to say, food for thought neway.

Jay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:05 pm 
Quad T88

Maybe cops should start beating up p-platers like they did 30 years ago, that'd make 'em think twice about doing shkids.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:02 pm 
Twin T51

Car: coon
yeh but then you'd be dead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:36 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
hey ryan the guy that delivers our coffee at work commented on your work after he saw me a little sideways in the work carpark. at first be blamed me for them all, but i told him it was you and your mates :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:51 pm 
Quad T78

Car: S14a
ZEi20T wrote:
hey ryan the guy that delivers our coffee at work commented on your work after he saw me a little sideways in the work carpark. at first be blamed me for them all, but i told him it was you and your mates :P
Nice to know people appreciate our work :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:52 pm 

you too huh? lol yeah some mornings i drive up there and thinks look a little more...... blacker hahah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:21 am 
T51 Hybrid

haha i got my first "pinky" jesture from a bogan girl today.
Wasnt hooning, but she pulled up alongside me, and just coz im in an import with an exhaust she decided to do it WHILST SHE WAS ON THE MOBILE PHONE! hahahah

So i pointed to her and made a circle about 4 inches in diameter with both hands indicating she has a loose C**nt..

she wasnt happy after that

haha

love it - bring it on!
:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:34 am 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
*LOL* maybe that can be the girl's version... talking on the phone whilst driving makes you...well... you get the idea.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:22 pm 
Quad T88

ZEi20T wrote:
you too huh? lol yeah some mornings i drive up there and thinks look a little more...... blacker hahah

We work hard, we play hard :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:47 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
I was on the receiving end of a pinkie gesture today.

had some blonde bogan scrag in a VX commode doing 100 in the far right lane in the 110km/hr posted section of the M4 heading west hold me up for over a km as she just wouldn't move over as the law says you're supposed to. 'keep left unless overtaking'...
when she eventually did move over into the middle lane,she gave me the pinkie as I passed her.

both my and my girlfriend's response was the finger.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:49 pm 

good work

i would have performed the PIT manouver also :P

yes ive been watching WAY too many US police shows.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next