Quad T78

Car: S14a
And was on SBS 2 weeks ago :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:25 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: 1990 S13 CA18DET
and on Fox Sports on Wednesday. best footage was the Appleton(?) pass under drift.

Car PC from Nuvo Technology!
7" auto touchscreen, VIA MII12000 board, Bluetooth Phone, WiFi, GPS, 100GB HD, 512MB RAM all in a complete package :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:45 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S15
shaddup fags :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:48 pm 
Quad T78

Car: S14a
dru wrote:
and on Fox Sports on Wednesday. best footage was the Appleton(?) pass under drift.
Yep was him

How hot is Finks car this year :o Well its a bit of a copy of the rodeo kings S15 but still nice as :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:00 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

easton gets some mad angle and slides in that R31 of his too.. very nice to see guys from Super Drift doing well.

hehehe... i'm going to go out on a limb and probably get stomped for this but I kinda like the auto salon entry just for pure "out there" looks. fink's car looks good but, i don't know, something is missing from the whole look but I can't put my finger on it.

what i don't understand is why DA has this complicated scoring system to calculate who's won? Why can't they just do the same as Formula D? eg award the win to Car A, Car B or Even. If it's "Even" at the end, they get a "one more time" and pick a winner from that. Does anybody know what scoring system D1 uses?

7" auto touchscreen, VIA MII12000 board, Bluetooth Phone, WiFi, GPS, 100GB HD, 512MB RAM all in a complete package :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:26 am 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
dru wrote:
the same as Formula D? eg award the win to Car A, Car B or Even. If it's "Even" at the end, they get a "one more time" and pick a winner from that. Does anybody know what scoring system D1 uses?

they use something similar to what you've just described.

I gave up on the drifting a year ago. the judging is so inconsistent and it was frustrating as hell to go out there and work supporting one of the cars,and to see it out-drive it's opponent,but then find the win has been given to the opponent,who has a higher profilem,and is better known than the guy who just drove better.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:28 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Fa(s)t red boat
Pretty unimpressed by the coverage actually, 20minutes of mostly some wanker rabbiting on about crap and 5minutes of cars doing something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:10 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

my opinion is that they shoulod scrap the points system and just go with the advantage given to one or the other driver. heaps easier for the judges to make a quick decision. i mean, who the hell cares if Car A beat Car B by 10 points? It has no relevance because in the end they could've just said Car A beat Car B and leave it at that. They should have an International Drift Assosciation that governs all the rules to make them more uniform throughout the world.

yeah i must admit that they need to have more coverage and replays. maybe less chatting to the drivers after EACH race. C'mon... how many times can you ask somebody "You beat blah blah blah. How do you feel?". Ask a driver that question a few times and you get a similar static response.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:43 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S15
dru wrote:
C'mon... how many times can you ask somebody "You beat blah blah blah. How do you feel?". Ask a driver that question a few times and you get a similar static response.

"Oh yeah, I'm stoked, aye?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:45 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

hahaha! Yeah I heard that line plenty of times.

They should pick maybe one driver each round and do a background on them and how they got into the scene, and then about their car, how they set it up. that'd be a little bit more interesting at least. And it gives the up and coming drifters an idea of how they can follow along the same line or maybe avoid certain pitfalls. actually ENCOURAGE the sport to grow through the media.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:00 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
don't be stupid,how can the sponsors get their plugs from every event if you do that?

you have to have the same banal answers to the same leading questions whilst incorporating a thankyou to each and every one of your sponsors into each answer otherwise,it's not a proper motorsport event.

the drivers are nothing,it's the faceless companies that pay for the track hire and a minor part of each car's running costs that deserve all the air time. the cars are just moving billboards.

F-ing wankers...

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:31 pm 
Twin T04

Car: R34 GTR Vspec II Nur
I thought appletons pass on reynolds was far from awesome, he gripped up in order to catch reynolds, then whilst taking the inside line got infront of him and gripped up once again to stay infront of reynolds even though reynolds was going faster at the time, very unimpressive and obviously the judges thought the same seeing appleton only won 6-4 on that run even though he passed reynolds... imo he was very lucky to get away with a win in that battle...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:00 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

fergo - i detect a little hostility towards the sponsors :) hehe. it's like a catch 22 where you want the sport to grow but still stay true to it's humble beginnings.. however once sponsors get in, all that crap gets chucked out the window I guess.

reaper - no... there was a pass in there somewhere when one of the guys drifted wide off the line and another car had a tight inside line drift which looked awesome. may not have been appleton as my memory is quite sketchy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:04 pm 
Twin T04

Car: R34 GTR Vspec II Nur
appleton did take a tight inside line to pass reynolds who took a wider line but to take that line appleton gripped up twice hence my dissapointment in that being reffered to as "the pass of the year" by jeff the commentator... if there was another pass my apologies but from what I had heard appletons pass was awesome but after watching it I was highly dissapointed