Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:44 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 12:06 pm 
Quad T66

Car: 200sx
yes gamer, by logic they should be legal... the purpose of speed camera's is to slow people down, not to make money, and thats the same effect a radar detector would have

but of course its about the money.. the fine and number of points you lose for having a detector now is insane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:13 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Yeah- it used to be a $1000 fine. Now they upped it and take off points aswell. Pretty sure that law past mid last year if I recall.

They do sell dector dectors back to police. Apparently however not all cops carry the detector dectors in NSW Sydney region (inside sources).

Mainly the guys that patrol the the main roads from NSW to VIC and NSW to QLD would use them. The long roads anyway.
BLUCK with Banzai getting pinned.

My mate got pinned aswell- as he knew my mate was doing excess speeds and "suddenly" jumped on the anchors. He threw it in his glove box but got done. If u cn put it in your pants- they cant search there! :P

I've still got a Bel one- just cant mount anywhere in the car so its stealth. You really do come dependant with them.

Usually you travel the same roads- and they do pick up signals- such as petrol stations doors or something. i always knew where it would be set off- therefore cops cant be patroling that spot as there dector would be thrown.

Its when it would go off in an area where I didnt know- then u know theres one out. Also you should have time to turn it off- when it picks up and by then pass the copper and he'd have nfi. Ideally anyway.

Post subject: Re: Radar Detectors
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:35 pm 
T25

Car: Benz GLK
How I wish to install a radar detector, but detectors are all illegal, even gold detectors are not allowed to use in CA.