Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 5:07 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:44 am 
TO4

Car: 200sx & 180sx
Serial Killa wrote:
ZEi20T wrote:
dude we all know she would beat the shit out of most of the guys here lol

no use offering to beat someone up lol

Yeah as soon as I posted that I rememberd all the times she used to beat me up :P LOL

Lol that is true... and i been working out even MORE now so watch out Brendan :lol: i kind of recall u liking it neways :P

this thread has gone waaaaaaaay off topic.

Post whores :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:53 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S15
Never been defected :P

*crosses fingers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:24 am 
Quad T88

Car: *insert car here*
hmmm180 wrote:
was your friend with the 180 named Andre?

whatsup andre? never knew you were on snsw... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:30 am 
Twin T66

Car: 1988 Nissan Silvia Ks
Never been defected or pulled over...in my 18 months or so of driving the kebabmobile. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:47 pm 
TO4

i want a silvia wrote:
Never been defected or pulled over...in my 18 months or so of driving the kebabmobile. :)

Lucky you!!

I've been pulled over prior.... just never defected. First and LAST!!! hehe pain in teh bum!!

I went to the RTA today to clear my defects and i was there for ages. The worse thing is i was busting for a pee and their damn toilet was out of order [they only have one]. Very uncomfortable waiting time :evil:

Goverment building with no working loo.. go figure! Might need to defect another 2 people before they have enough money to fix it. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:31 pm 
T28

getting defected is not a good feeling coz you neva know what you are in for, i got done on back streets and i was 2 blocks from home too, thats probably why they say i was lucky not to get red stickered...why do highway patrols the back street and not the main road... god figure...

anyway, got done for:

- FMIC
- Chassis Cut (cause of FMIC... it was just the battery tray... bloody hybrid cooler...haha)
- Pod
- too low (the cop didnt even bother checking but the height was legal at 100mm)

funny they didnt get me for 20s but i'm not complaining...hehe

so the damage to my bank account was 100 bucks to clear the defect, and 650 to engineer the whole car... bit of a waste to engineer the car since i didnt have that much mods, i guess it saves the hassle of towing the car home :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:52 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Blue_Sil wrote:
getting defected is not a good feeling coz you neva know what you are in for, i got done on back streets and i was 2 blocks from home too, thats probably why they say i was lucky not to get red stickered...why do highway patrols the back street and not the main road... god figure...

anyway, got done for:

- FMIC
- Chassis Cut (cause of FMIC... it was just the battery tray... bloody hybrid cooler...haha)
- Pod
- too low (the cop didnt even bother checking but the height was legal at 100mm)

so the damage to my bank account was 100 bucks to clear the defect, and 650 to engineer the whole car... bit of a waste to engineer the car since i didnt have that much mods, i guess it saves the hassle of towing the car home :lol:

I wouldve got you for the paint too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:07 pm 
T28

Serial Killa wrote:
Blue_Sil wrote:

anyway, got done for:

- FMIC
- Pod

so you've done ur homework :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:20 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Blue_Sil wrote:
Serial Killa wrote:
Blue_Sil wrote:

anyway, got done for:

- FMIC
- Pod

so you've done ur homework :lol:

:wink: hehe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:52 pm 
T78

Car: 180SX Kouki
So far $300 this year, but it appears after that defect i initially got hit with, all the problems are now fixed. . . so 4x "RBT -> defect checks" later and the cops don't even try after seeing enclosures and no stand-out noticible things done..so yay now? ~

But yeah, same idea as u Sarah, lets hope nothing changes between now and when my car gets sold =(.... Knowing my luck i'll get done for not enough water in the resevoir for my wiper jets..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:18 pm 
TO4

Atleast u have a reseviour for your wiper jets :lol:

I consider myself pretty lucky though.. i didnt get stung for my front mount, nor the cut in the chassis [battery tray also] for FMIC, FMIC itself. Luckily enough the cop didnt know what he was looking at so i was saved.

Anyone wanna buy a sil80 :lol:

Nah fixing everything before i sell. Soon to be a respray comming to a sil80 near you :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:42 pm 
T66

Car: 180sx
whyte wrote:
fairfield highway patrol at its best!!!
haha
they got me for filter & bald tyres & too low.
only fined for filter & tyres.
had to clear everything and full blue slip inspection -_- what a hassle.

lol .. i remember that night.

i was driving next to whyte that night and as soon as the cops saw us driving together, he decided to turn around and follow us. i got lucky, whyte didn't :-?

cops just hate to see imports drive together because they always assume the worst, so just meet somewhere & drive alone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:17 pm 
T78

Car: 180SX Kouki
Hmm... i believe if they see two commo's next to each other they should tail em... odds are one of the two are gonna do something stupid & illegal, much easier than targeting imports..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:12 am 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
I haven't ever been defected,in 16yrs on the road. pretty much every car I've owned has had at the absolute least an aftermarket exhaust and has been lower than stock,with bigger wheels.
most of the recent cars have had blatant defects of one sort or another like no cat or removed airbags.

I get pulled over occasionally,but they haven't checked the car I'm driving out since I was 17 in a torana.

act like a tool on the road,and make yourself stand out too much with huge wheels, bowling ball paint and a stupidly loud exhaust,and then exacerbate the problem by being a P plater,and you may as well not even get into the car,and just drop the keys off at your local cop shop as you go by on the bus.
you're just asking for harassment.

I don't dawdle around the place by any means,but I don't get hassled any more than I'd expect to,which is a couple of times a year.
having normal-looking 17's with a loud,but not deafeningly loud exhaust,and not driving like a moron in peak hour traffic probably helps with that. maybe some of you should give a more stealthy approach to modifying cars a go.
especially if you're still on your P's,as you shouldn't be doing anything to the car at all as far as the law is concerned.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:19 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

fergo308 wrote:
I haven't ever been defected,in 16yrs on the road. pretty much every car I've owned has had at the absolute least an aftermarket exhaust and has been lower than stock,with bigger wheels.
most of the recent cars have had blatant defects of one sort or another like no cat or removed airbags.

I get pulled over occasionally,but they haven't checked the car I'm driving out since I was 17 in a torana.

act like a tool on the road,and make yourself stand out too much with huge wheels, bowling ball paint and a stupidly loud exhaust,and then exacerbate the problem by being a P plater,and you may as well not even get into the car,and just drop the keys off at your local cop shop as you go by on the bus.
you're just asking for harassment.

I don't dawdle around the place by any means,but I don't get hassled any more than I'd expect to,which is a couple of times a year.
having normal-looking 17's with a loud,but not deafeningly loud exhaust,and not driving like a moron in peak hour traffic probably helps with that. maybe some of you should give a more stealthy approach to modifying cars a go.
especially if you're still on your P's,as you shouldn't be doing anything to the car at all as far as the law is concerned.

Justin...

That's a big 10-4, Justin

Also, politeness will get you everywhere :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next