Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:52 am 
Banned

Car: 1991 RPS13 180SX
Bluebird TRXs are RWD, nub :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:06 am 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
they're actually both. there was a version of the U13 that was badged a trx from memory.

most likely though,this guy has an early eighties box shape bluebird.

I'll also jump in with risking on this. in a sub 1000kg car,unless all you want to do is drag race with a tubbed rear end,300kw atw is useless in your car. you'll be faster with around 200kw atw,much less 250.
as has been said,try driving an SR20 with 250kw atw and see how it is,then imagine taking ha;f of the driveability away,along with several more thousands of dollars from your walle. that's what a 300kw atw engine is like.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:44 am 
T66

Car: 180sx
Serial Killa wrote:
hmmmm im pretty sure they are FWD

yeah that's what I thought! my bad if I'm wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:56 pm 
Quad T88

Car: S15
He wouldn't be looking for a RWD motor and gearbox if he had a FWD car, one would assume.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:02 pm 
T51

Car: gonneee
hi mate i got an s15 engine with loom and ecu,,,
pm me for more details,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:38 pm 
T03 Hybrid

Car: 85 S3 Nissan Bluebird
all in all people thanks for your input :wink: good to see no bitching posts made... yes i'll be taking it to wsid when its all done... yes i'm hoping for 300kw's but 250kws is fine by me... its just a bonus if i get more power, i have the computer in the car ready to go also... i only payed $1500 for the car, with the sr20de engine already fitted + the microtec mtx8 & a few other little goodies... selling motor & box soon as other engine is done runs like new...

needs new paint the silver 2pac has gone to sh*t, which i'm getting done through madhatter as he o's me a fav :) nothing over the top just a white 2 pac paint job...

engine & box from someone or import place around 3k (looks like i'm going redtop S13)

8k will be spent on engine (plus croming/braided lines through out) the rest will be new diff stronger rear end etc

so yea all up under 15k... (nice & clean sleeper with the power plus no cops pulling u over every bloody sec)

will try get pic's up over the weekend 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:43 pm 
Quad T88

Car: S15
What about brakes and suspension?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:55 pm 
T03 Hybrid

suspension is already done :) couple of weeks ago it was done... as for brakes. will be on the lookout soon what do u guys reckon? gtr brakes? & what sort of money will i be looking at? cheers.........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:17 pm 
Quad T88

Car: S13 silvia, J31 maxima
GTR brakes would sufice but if your going to drag race it then just use stock brakes and a parachute.

If your aiming for any sort of decent power DITCH THE MICROGUESS and buy a real ECU asap. They are absolute crap and anyone who has ever tunned an SR with one will agree.

I have an SR20 bottom end here that would take the power your asking from it no worries. Check the forsale section for details it was there awhile ago.

Fergo is right the U13 did come in a very limited TRX version which I have never actually seen one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:48 pm 
T03 Hybrid

so what computer do u reckon would be the best for my kind of setup for road & drag? as so many people say this ones better then this i would have no clue on whats the best for sr's.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 12:00 am 
Quad T88

Car: S13 silvia, J31 maxima
Depends on your budget, you want the best the M800 is by far superior to anything ive ever tunned with but the ECU will be worth as much as the vehicle.

Fro your application and id asume budget the Power FC is by far the best bet. I dunno how the thing has been wired with the LTX8 but there may be a fair ammount of work to get the power FC up and running properly. Not a big deal if changing from DE to DET anyway due to the entire loom swap your going to have to do.

For the 300 mark you want the microguess is really rubbish. Lattely ive been tunning a fair few haltechs as well. They seem to work reasonable well with the SR20 but im not a big fan of MAP based tunning and wouldnt use one on my own vehicle.

Do yourself a favour and reasearch what other guys are using who are already making that sort of power. And do yourself another favour and find yourself a tunner who can guide you in the process and who is prepared to tune your finished package. No use building this "great" engine at home to find you have used a pile of parts that no one wants to have a bar of come tunning time. Individuals have prefered injectors or ECU's recommendations for comp ratios etc etc. I dunno how switched on you are with your engines and so forth but seriously if your planning this mega HP engine get some advise before undertaking it.

Im not trying to make you look dumb thats far from the point. The idea is to make sure you dont waste loads of money and time building something that is never going to work. We've all done it at one stage trying to be "different" or what ever but there are pre-used paths that work so do your homework.

Brad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:47 am 
T88 Hybrid

Car: Nissan silvia s13
listen to the master