Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:56 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:38 pm 
T03 Hybrid

Car: s15
2hunge wrote:
Putting a GTR badge on a GTS-t is not cool. They are both such totally different cars, and the owner should be proud of the GTS-t badge, as the GTS-t is quite a well developed sports car.

gtst is well developed? i thought it was just a turdy s14

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:01 pm 
T25

Car: civic coupe
Nismodified wrote:
fwost wrote:
its the katimotoR, its a girl driver for now, hahaha one of my mates friend, nice rims though

Ive seen it parked in the drive way next door a few times, it is beautiful looking, and i thikn its a female driver as well :D

I love that kakimoto kit, one day it shall be mine....when i can afford to part with $30,000 for just a body kit.. :evil:

i must admit that the car looks phat! the first time i saw this car was at a 'meet'. and i was spining out at the size of the tyres!

also, i think ppl who dont have a GTR and whack a gtr badge on it are ghey! i work at a car park and once commented to the driver that his car wasnt a GTR. he had the nerve to reply 'but its got a gtr badge. wat are u on about gurl?' i laughed and pointed out the external differences between his car and a real gtr. *OWNED* and the look on his face was priceless :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:05 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S15
Twistedgurl wrote:
Nismodified wrote:
fwost wrote:
its the katimotoR, its a girl driver for now, hahaha one of my mates friend, nice rims though

Ive seen it parked in the drive way next door a few times, it is beautiful looking, and i thikn its a female driver as well :D

I love that kakimoto kit, one day it shall be mine....when i can afford to part with $30,000 for just a body kit.. :evil:

i must admit that the car looks phat! the first time i saw this car was at a 'meet'. and i was spining out at the size of the tyres!

also, i think ppl who dont have a GTR and whack a gtr badge on it are ghey! i work at a car park and once commented to the driver that his car wasnt a GTR. he had the nerve to reply 'but its got a gtr badge. wat are u on about gurl?' i laughed and pointed out the external differences between his car and a real gtr. *OWNED* and the look on his face was priceless :lol:

Makes you wonder how many people get scammed when buying their cars when they have NO IDEA!!

Oh well... im just happy to have my S16 Silvia. Strange though, it's not on the nissan website...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:49 pm 
T78

Car: S14a, Euro Accord Lux
Twistedgurl wrote:
Nismodified wrote:
fwost wrote:

yeah i said girl driver not girl owner , its her brothers but she drives it mainly, NOW it has a GTR badge on it only put on recently

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 4:04 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Tree Fiddy
Twistedgurl wrote:
i work at a car park and once commented to the driver that his car wasnt a GTR. he had the nerve to reply 'but its got a gtr badge. wat are u on about gurl?' i laughed and pointed out the external differences between his car and a real gtr. *OWNED* and the look on his face was priceless :lol:

Did you ask him to pop the bonnet after that, and ask him when one of the turbos fell off his engine?

Go chrome or go home
Sneezin's Pleasin'
Da flutta is bred and butta
NOS is boss
Try to be different, just like everyone else
No boost? Ya just loost

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:42 am 
T28 Hybrid

Car: HSV VZ clubsport. X S15 owner
What are your opinions on Aus delivery S15's with Jap sec silva badges on them? It's obviously not much of a difference as GTST compared to GTR but one is more powerful then the other. :P
I know that if I'm at the lights I'll feel more comfortable parking next to a Aus S15.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:57 am 
Quad T88

Car: My Feet
Yeah but the badges mean nothing, it's if the rear bar doesn't have the reflectors and there is a rear wiper, then you have a JDM.
But even a stock JDM is not going to beat a ADM with an exhaust and boost in a straight line.

I took my badges off the rear, just to have a nice clean smooth look. Also so there no one can de-badge it ans scratch it.
The front S badge looks very nice and that was the reason behind that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:26 am 
T28 Hybrid

Quote:"Yeah but the badges mean nothing, it's if the rear bar doesn't have the reflectors and there is a rear wiper, then you have a JDM. "

But then you can say the same for the GTST with GTR badges on them. The badges mean nothing because the GTR has obviously a fatter body and the different spoiler.
Not many non S15 owners will know that the Jap spec S15 have the rear wipers and the reflectors. Even so if I had the Jap spec car I would get rid of the reflectors. They look ugly.

Personally If I was a GTR owner I would hate seeing GTST's with GTR badges on them because it just gives the perception to non enthusiasts that my GTR is nothing that special. If I was the GTST driver then I have nothing to lose and I would want to make my car look as good as it can. Poor man's GTR but you gotta admit from a looks point of view, the GTR parts look good on the GTST.

Quote:"I took my badges off the rear, just to have a nice clean smooth look. Also so there no one can de-badge it ans scratch it. "

I agree. When I had my S15 I also removed the badges at the back to give it a slick look. Worked well with the zorst. Was going to get the Silvia badge put on so my whole intention was to make the car look better.

Do you know that Nissan charge about 180 just for the 200sx rear badge? What a rip off. I worked that out when I enquired because I was selling my car and wanted to put it back to stock form.

Quote:"But even a stock JDM is not going to beat a ADM with an exhaust and boost in a straight line. "
You could say the same thing as the stock GTR vs modded GTST . I've seen modded GTST cars that will easily beat a stock GTR. It's rare to see stock GTR's anyways. There are a lot of GTR lemons on the road that don't live up to the glory that they deserve.

Anyways my opinion is that GTST drivers should not put GTR badges on their cars if they want to respect the skyline family. If they put the badges on them then it sends a false perception to most drivers on the road and does nothing to boost the credit for the GTR.
If you want a GTR badge on your car then you gotta deserve it. Get a job and save up and buy a real one.

But then again fake GTR boys, you can always keep the badges on your car. I enjoy eating you fake wanna be's on the roads :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:55 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Tree Fiddy
An Aus delivered 200SX is still a Silvia. It just has different shaped-badging. So its not like an AuDM model with JDM "Silvia" badging is pretending to be something its not, and the Aus model has Silvia badges already.

However, if people were to stick Spec-R and GT badges onto their regular Spec-S, then it'd be the same ricer thing (not that anyone does, because no-one cares enough).

Go chrome or go home
Sneezin's Pleasin'
Da flutta is bred and butta
NOS is boss
Try to be different, just like everyone else
No boost? Ya just loost

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 12:10 pm 
T78

Car: S14a, Euro Accord Lux
ahhaha sure about that?
i know a certain white s15 spec S with a spec R badge
dusnt change anything anyway

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 2:08 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Why would you bother putting a spec R badge on a spec S?
We all know that Spec S is lighter therefore faster.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 10:10 am 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
Vuster wrote:
Even so if I had the Jap spec car I would get rid of the reflectors. They look ugly.

JDMs DONT have rear reflectors. plus a whole load of other differences that people still dont know about

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6