Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:38 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 2:07 pm 
T78

Car: 180 Sr20d3t
This morning was on my way to work-driving down the last street i had to go on which is 3 lanes wide was on the far left lane doing 60k's (which was the limit)

i see this red early 80's comonwhore coming from a side street without even looking and merged over all 3 lanes without indicating (in one motion mind you) right into the lane where i was in - and his rear quarter panel was coming right at my front quarter panel damn quick and i had absolutely NO WHERE to go- on the left is parked cars on the right is this dick coming ever closer-

i quickly hit the brakes and depressed the clutch and all 4 wheels lock up (i usually tap the brakes so it doesnt lock but i had no space at all) another second and i woulda been mooshed between this road whale and a parked corrola-anyways i stop in a huge cloud of smoke missing this parked car by a hair- and this fucker doesnt even look or stop or anything just keeps driving along :evil: (i beeped and everything too but he just went flying down the street)

i recover quickly and nail it down the street after him i followed him through 5 streets hoping he would stop so i could give him a nice taste of my tire wrench but he wasnt stopping he circled the block and went towards the main road and then realising he wouldnst stop got his plate number and had to turn to the left (i had a second to open the window and give him a quick swearing at) he looked to be a old mofo in his 50's with a indifferent look on his stupid face

-as im turning off the next road i look in the rearview and this fuck has turned right onto the main road and gone STRAIGHT into the wrong lane of traffic and i hear tires locking up and horns honking- i look back and hes nearly head on collided with one car (guy stopped short by a few inches) and 3 behind him all close misses

so in 5 minutes this old sack of shit nearly wiped out my baby and caused a 4 car pile up- :evil:

This is fkn bullshit we get all these people complaining how younger drivers are the danger on the road but time and time again (this time being the absolute closest) i see stupid ass old farts doing careless shit and endangering the lives of everyone around them

well ive got his plate number and reported it to the police info line but i dont know how far theyll take it-i dont know what else i can do but i dont want to see this prick on the road again...

sorry for the long post but i had to vent my anger...
anyone got any input on any other ways i can nail this mofo?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 2:23 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S13
holy crap dude, glad you managed to avoid an accident.
The scary thing is, is if he had hit you, any bet the cops would automatically assume you were at fault.
It shits me to tears how people automatically assume that a young driver in a hot car is always hooning and is an accident waiting to happen... anyway, that's my rant.
As for this old guy, apart from notifying the police and keeping an eye out for him when you're driving, I don't think there is much more you can do about him. The worrying thing is, is that this guy will probably keep driving like this, and cause someone else to have an accident, but he will just keep driving and get off scott-free.
Let hope he doesn't cause anyone to get seriously hurt or killed! :evil:

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 3:22 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

dorifto wrote:
....anyone got any input on any other ways i can nail this mofo?

Yeah.. to a wall.. With a RAMSET gun :evil:

I've almost been taken out a number of times by old people not looking, or not knowing the road rules. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 6:48 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
I lost my S14 recently in a similar fashion. I was driving along a main road,with no other traffic within kilometres of me,in the early evening,with clear weather.

an old duck in a new mazda 2 comes down the hill on a side street to my left,and pulls up at the give way sign. I'm about 40-50m from the corner at this point,and am keeping an eye on the car to see if it's going to stop or not. she does,so I take my eyes off it more or less,and keep going with my foot in the same spot on the pedal.
now,I'm about 15-20m from the corner doing about 65 or so,and she decides to pull out,turning right across my front. I get off the power and onto the brakes,but have nowhere to go and end up t-boning her in the driver's door. both cars are write-offs,she went off in an ambo,and I gave my statement to the cops,then was driven to hospital myself.
the cops have yet to interview the other party,so I have no idea who is going to be declared at fault. all I know is that my car is gone,and it
s the fault of a stupid old bat who couldn't wait another 2 seconds for me to go past before she pulled out.
after the accident another car didn't come down the road for close to 5minutes! it wasn't like she HAD to pull out before I went by... I really don't get it at all.

I see near misses,and stupid behaviour on the roads everyday,and the part that upsets me is that I know nothing will ever change. it't too hard to educate people properly,and if you set a decent driving standard for obtaining a license,the government would lose so much money from reduced income that they'd bin the system right after implementing it,or would go broke.
sad but true. all you can do is drive defensively and keep your car in good order,in case you have an emergency situation arise that requires top braking,and sudden avoidance maneuvers.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 11:35 am 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
when im driving, im constantly looking for places to suddenly turn incase some idiot driver comes out of nowhere and isnt looking. it sucks, ive had a few near misses, im glad nissans have good brakes and handle well. ive lost count of the times i have braked, swerved or sped up to compensate for a driver who really cant drive or that doesnt worry about what others are doing, because they are in their own little world.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 11:57 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Tree Fiddy
As Fergo said, what really shits me is how little the powers that be actually care.

I was heading home in busy traffic (not bumper to bumper, but enough traffic so that most of the plebs are doing 10km/hr under the limit), and I caught up with a patrol car (in the left lane, and I was in the right). I got slightly ahead with the traffic, and I passed a car that was about two or three cars ahead of the cop.

Some old bat in a Mazda3 (I'm seeing a trend here) pulls up at a side street (that runs uphill). I don't think much of it, since people stop at the end of side streets all the time. Anyway, after coming to a complete halt for at least a second or two, she pulls out. About 2 carlengths in front of the guy I just passed. Who was travelling between 50km/hr-55km/hr.

The guy makes a panic swerve into the gap behind me and leans on the horn. Does the cow flinch or anything? Nup, just keeps on going. It must be nice to live with the fairies.....

Does the cop (who's meant to be pulling over people who drive dangerously) do anything? He must have been too distracted looking for grey import cars to defect or something, because even though there was nothing blocking their line of sight of some fucktard pulling out from a side street into busy traffic, they didn't do diddly squat.

I won't even begin on the stupid Victorian cow that decided to drive into my lane in an intersection, and then when I make my swerve into the left lane and lean on the horn, she decides to just hold her line. No reaction. No slow down. No cutting back into her lane. No stopping her from using hand motions to emphasise her waffling to her passenger.

And the thing is, if I decided to open her window with a tyre iron so I could tell her exactly what kind of a fucking retard behind the wheel she is, somehow I would be the bad guy.

Go chrome or go home
Sneezin's Pleasin'
Da flutta is bred and butta
NOS is boss
Try to be different, just like everyone else
No boost? Ya just loost