Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:54 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 10:02 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
I usually brake-check tailgaters. just enough to scare the crap out of them. I jump on the brake pedal,then back on the power. wash off about 20km/hr,then power away back up to the speed I was doing previously.
most back off the first time. if they don't,they cop it again. if they don't the third time,I'll take off if it's clear in front of me,or will pull over and wash speed off so they pass,then get behind them,and on go the high beams and the driving lights. they stay on until I'm pissing off other people as well,or I turn off.

one thing you don't want to do to me,is steal the last parking spot in a car park that I in was line waiting for. a few years ago one guy did that,and walked past looking at me after he'd gotten out of his car with a smug smile on his face.
he lost his driver's door mirror a few seconds later. it was taken off with a baseball bat,which I waved in salute to him as I drove off to find somewhere else to park. I doubt he did that again.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 9:27 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Tree Fiddy
fergo308 wrote:
I usually brake-check tailgaters. just enough to scare the crap out of them. I jump on the brake pedal,then back on the power.

I used to do that, until someone pointed out to me that if a guy's so close to you that you can't even see his headlights in your rear view mirror, and you suddenly hit the brakes, if their reactions aren't spot on they might end up hitting the back of you. And 20km/hr is a fair amount of pace...

Their fault or not, your car is still off the road while its being repaired and so unless you have a spare vehicle, you're still inconvenienced.

Hence why I started left foot braking while still holding the power with the right. The brake lights still come on, but you don't lose as much speed as quickly.

Go chrome or go home
Sneezin's Pleasin'
Da flutta is bred and butta
NOS is boss
Try to be different, just like everyone else
No boost? Ya just loost

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 10:51 am 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
speaking of this, yesterday i was tailgated by a stupid homodore driver. funny thing was, i was still in the Sydney Uni grounds! i was doing just over walking pace - students all over the road - and this guy was on my ass the whole time. even speeding up to the limit (15km) and more didnt deter him. so then i thought 'damn my car is low' so i had to take the 30 speed humps at around 1/8th walking speed in case i scraped :P asshole!

then later on, victoria rd, there was a motor bike tailing another car - someone mentioned that before. far out it was dangerous, if the pulsar had braked a little harder. i rekon there would be a motorcyclist that would have been f*cked!