Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:42 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fucking Nissan
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:13 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Tree Fiddy
Goddamned fuckwits who can't take fucking directions....

I finally went through my brake pads on the weekend (luckily it was after I finished an Old Road run, and not during) and so I called up on Monday to book it in for a service.

I specifically told the guy in the service centre that I'd worn through my rear pads, and that the front ones were probably about to go as well. I made it quite clear that I was on the backing pads, and that there was a grinding noise whenever I applied the brakes with any kind of force.

The fuckwit must have only heard that last part. When I showed up today, I told them again that I needed new pads. The service sheet said "noisy brakes", and they'd check them. I told him there's no need to check them; I already have and they need replacing.

Anyway, I get a call about an hour later. "Your brake pads need to be replaced."

"No shit, that's what I fucking told you twice", I'm thinking to myself, but I keep it to myself.

"We don't have any of your brake pads in stock, so we're ringing around but we may not get them until tomorrow", he continues.

Of course, there's no satisfactory reason why they didn't fucking order brake pads when I told the fuckwit on Monday that I had worn my brake pads out (and I did specifically say they were worn down to the backing plate, not that they were merely "noisy"). I gave them plenty of warning just in case they didn't have any in stock; evidently it was just a waste of my time telling them.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Also, I reported that I still had dash rattles that have been with the car since I bought it, and didn't get fixed at the last service, and what do you know? The fucker didn't write that down either.

Go chrome or go home
Sneezin's Pleasin'
Da flutta is bred and butta
NOS is boss
Try to be different, just like everyone else
No boost? Ya just loost

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:29 pm 
Quad T88

Car: My Feet
Bah to Nissan Service Centres :evil:
But dude how many K's have you done to wear out your pads?
They probably have never had to change pads for the 350Z yet.
Also.... breathe in.......breathe out.....breathe in......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:57 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Not too many (that's the other thing I'm pissed about, they should have lasted far longer than they have. Other cars where the drivers push at least as hard as I do have had their factory pads last longer), but since the car has been out since 2002, there has to be *someone* who has done enough K's to warrant it.

Mind you, apparently there are several different types of caliper for the Touring spec (must be the same supplier they get the "ball bearing S15 turbos" from). There's two different brake pad part numbers for 350Z's, and the last time I called Nissan they had to get my VIN number to figure out which ones I needed.

I am mountains of agnry. I finally found out that I can get my car at 4PM. If the fuckers had told me this earlier, I could have worked around it. They originally (before they realised I wasn't full of shit when I said I needed new brake pads) said midday, which just just put a hole in my entire day.

Go chrome or go home
Sneezin's Pleasin'
NOS is boss
No boost? Ya just loost

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:05 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Man that's f***ing rediculous, however they are probably used to Joe Public who thinks comes in asking for top-ups of headlight fluid :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:39 pm 
Quad T51

Car: slow, quiet & comfy katemobile
Where do I get this headlight fluid and how do I top it up? 8)

Scathing that sux. I hate incompetence in general let alone a case like this where clear instructions are given and someone is either too thick or too rude to follow them. Anyways bitch some more man, it might make you feel a bit better.

Out of interest, how did you manage to wear out your rear pads before the fronts? Are front pads thicker or... ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:29 am 
T03

Car: S13 SR-Q Manual
You gotta love it.

Being a Mech sometimes is a good laugh, you get the service advisors up front who reckon they know everything, dont listen to the customer and just book the car in, trying to get as much commission as possible and not giving a shit about anyone else. Even us mech's trying to tell 'em does fuck all, after the 3rd complaint by the customer (fair enough in this case, should not have been a complaint), they realise they are wrong and then try and blame it on us mech's for not pointing it out in the first place. fucking gives me the shits too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:39 am 
Quad T78

Car: Silvia
Dont get me started on Nissan dealerships...

:evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:07 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Well, they managed to source some pads for my car so I managed to retrieve the car last night. I'll give them that......

I don't know why my rear pads went first. Logic dictates that the fronts would be put under greater load. Especially on my car, where its front-heavy.

Maybe they designed it as a failsafe feature for dummies (like me). They might specifically choose a compound that wears the rears faster than the fronts, so when Mr Muppet decides not to have his pads checked and just wears them down to the backing plate, the warning sound of "what's that metal on metal grating I'm hearing?" is not the brakes that provide the vast majority of your braking force.

I went to a dyno day on the weekend, and an S15 owner said he had the same issue.

What pissed me off about the whole thing is that I gave the guy specific information. I didn't say, "Oh, I think my brakes are worn out because they're making strange noises". I said, "I've worn through my brakes. The sound is metal on metal grinding, and the clips on the backing plate are almost touching the disc". Its not the kind of description that Joe Public gives.

Of course, the service advisor had no idea what I was referring to when I said "backing plate" either. Do Nissan, or other people, use a different name for them? I forget what he calls them. I think he clarified what I called "the clips that hold the backing plates on" as "rattle clips" or something, but I had no idea what the guy was on about. I'm no mechanic, or employee at a factory service centre, so I just assumed he knew more about the official terminology than I did....

As an aside, the pads are coming off in the next few weeks. I'll be tracing around them and sending them to Barrie Smith Motorsport so my next set of pads will be Ferodos and not these ultra-soft PoS'.

Go chrome or go home
Sneezin's Pleasin'
NOS is boss
No boost? Ya just loost

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:25 pm 
Quad T04

Car: GTI
Gunmetal wrote:
Dont get me started on Nissan dealerships...

:evil:

how much did they want for rubber seals again?

$4k!?

haha..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 6:54 pm 
Quad T78

Car: Silvia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:43 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

:o
W
T
F
???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 11:59 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Nissan usually give you a courtesy after service call - givem a mouthfull mate - and throw one in for me aswell. Never again back to Nissan Servie centre they suck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 1:12 am 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
ive had a problem with them too

firstly, they charged me for a warranty job. then when i drove home, there was a cigarette smell in the car, a mark on one of my seats from cigarette ash, some fucker had played with my tv AND there was 14 more Ks on the clock. i told them off bigtime. they said there was no proof etc. they can fuck off for all i care. lucky for them it only goes back to them for warranty. services are done by people who have an idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 1:31 am 
Quad T88

Car: My Feet
It's pretty sad that these Service Centres are that bad, and its not just Nissan, I know Holden have been causing my house mate a hole heap of problems.
FFS new cars are not cheap, you would think that the service centres would clean up their act, but as stated in another thread "we" are in the minority, the majority of customers that take their cars back to the factory are people that have no idea about their own cars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 1:57 am 
T03

Car: S13 SR-Q Manual
Nissan, Holden and Ford (where i work), all in it for the money - doesn't suprise me