Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:14 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:41 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Blue S15 + Vertex Kit
Hi All,

I'm just having a bitch about some bus drivers who take advantage of their size and pull out into 3 lanes of city traffic without any consideration. Happens all too often now.

I'm Mr NiceGuy most times and stop and give way to a bus more often than i really need to, It's hard to drive a bus around the city and i recognise that and i give credit to most drivers who always check mirros and give way when they should..but sometimes they are just thoughless.

Never seen a cop pull one over for speeding, the bus i used to catch home from the city (before i got my car back)..the driver used to hit about 110 in 80 zones, the women on the bus were really nervous.

I can count 3-4 near misses with busses merging back into traffic and nearly wiping me out. I just stay clear of the damn buses from now on.

Anybody else got any stories to share about buses? Comments..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 8:13 am 
Admin Team
Admin Team

Car: 2012 Golf TSI... least its boosted!
Unfortunately buses have right of way, if they pull out and you get in the way, your in trouble :(

But yeah, I know what your talking about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 9:38 am 
Twin T88

Car: S15 Spec R
i reckon taxis are as worst or even much worse in peak traffik in the CBD, almost bumped into a few last nite :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 10:02 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

True, If i'm driving late at night (like after 2am) around North Sydney or Sydney CBD heading home, Taxi drivers are trying to race, no joke! They rule the roads at night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 5:02 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S13
i once had a bus almost crush me inbetween it and the wall along-side the road coming off the bridge (north sydney end). I was in the left most lane, and the bus was in the lane next to me. I was about level with milson's point station (there is like no room to the left there as there is a wall). The bus was right next to me (like, i could see the driver through the front doors of the bus). Now I KNOW the driver saw me, but he indicated left and started to go into the lane where i was. Now, I know they have right of way and all, but this was fucking ridiculous! luckily no one was behind me cause I literally slammed my brakes on as I had no where else to go (pulsar doesn't have enough power to get ahead :( ).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:45 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

That sux, glad u got out of it unharmed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:14 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
busses suck ass. and as Mayhem said, they have right of way when wanting to change lanes. what i hate most is the disregard for driving laws that the cops dont follow. ive followed a few in the last couple of weeks. the most recent, in a 60 zone he sat on just under 80. didnt signal a lane change at all the whole time from carlingford, all the way down marsden road till where brush farm park was, and he was moving through the traffic. i just tailed him coz i was bored. then another night on blaxland road, virtually the same thing, cept this one sped up for a yellow at the lights so he woudlnt have to stop.

sorry for the thread hike, ahh yeah busses are bad m'kay :P

Post subject: BUS DRIVERS
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:38 am 
T28 Hybrid

Car: s15
Yeh tell me about buses , was towing the ski on my S15 and i was half way up the side of a pulled over bus to go into the turning lane (right turn) and this flop of a bus driver decided oh well he is only half way up the side of the bus so i will pull out and almost ride the car and the ski off , and then he wanted to give me hand gestures etc until i got out the car and asked him if he really had a bus licence cause this guy was an absolute dope , he shit himself when i walked up to the drivers window thinking i was going to give him a canning or something the old goon, then he had the hide to tell me to read the sign on the back of the bus and that he had the right of way, NOT WHEN I AM ALREADY HALF WAY PAST HIS BUS !!!!! , WAT A WALLY !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 10:12 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: White S15 Spec S GT
Bus driver just don't look when they make a turn.....they expect cars to give way to them......even people on bicycles.....

I have a friend who use to be a bike courier in da city......without looking the bus turned left, and the bus hit my mate head on. Head through the windscreen, Helmet was shattered, and cuts down his neck.... Luckly my mate is alright now....He Got compo....but it still doesn't make things right. :evil: ..... stupid buses....