Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:59 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 12:57 pm 
T51 Hybrid

Car: N14 Pulsar Q SR20DET
driving home at 1am and i pass a police car who has to do a 3pt turn to come back after me. guy was nice and all, quick rbt (which probably read 0.0000000 but i guess they have quotas to fill) and i was off.

i dont really mind it, so long as they arent assholes about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:21 pm 
Quad T88

Car: Nissan 180SX
driving home last night, copper pulled me over for a random breath test after passing me like 3min beforehand, he came flying to get me...

he got some word on his radio, ran to his car and was off....

also been pulled over for no reason in the city near star city, asked me if it was my car, and also asked me if i knew some guy, John Nguyen (thats like asking for a needle in a haystack if you ask me - lol no offence)

It was weird they let me go didnt understand WHY they'd ask me that.

There was also another time, driving through parramatta i drove past the copper station there, a copper pulled out and followed me all the way to the subway on woodville road, said it was "a random breath test" - now i was watching these guys and they went through red lights to get me (i drove through some yellows) - they went over my car, ended up giving me a ticket for not having my P Plate visable, becasue my windows were too tinted.... Luckily he didnt defect me for having dark tinted windows...

One trick i do whenever a copper pulls me over is turn off the car ASAP, that way they dont hear your exhaust if it is too loud!

Some cops are just out to get you though :( Bad luck on my half.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:34 pm 
Banned

Car: S13 Silvia S-tune
BLISTC wrote:
asked me if i knew some guy, John Nguyen

Hahahah thats funny, sometimes cops are the silliest creatures

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:18 pm 
Twin T78

Car: 1993 180SX
i'm sick of being pulled over for 'random breath tests'. in the past month, i've been followed on two separate ocassions for over 5 minutes, to be pulled over and told 'RBT'. its such a crock of shit. what happened to the days when cops needed a VALID excuse to pull you over...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:21 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Gazelle - CA20E
Your all a bunch of gimps, I'm sorry, but you are.

GET OVER YOURSELVES!

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:45 pm 
Twin T88

Car: S15 Spec R
^ sum1 got it out :wink:
cheers

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:09 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S13
Never been pulled over for a not so random breath test in the silvia yet (been pulled over at plenty of the big roadside ones though).
But, they use the RBT thing as an excuse to check on the driver and the car. They obviously run a check to see if the car has been reported stolen or not and if you've done nothing wrong you have nothing to worry about. I display my P plates clearly, I don't hoon around at stupid speeds, I don't have my stereo pumping louder than a jet engine, so I guess they have no reason to pull me over. And yes, i've had plenty of cops follow me for ages, but I guess they're not interested in a very dirty (and barely) white and very plain looking silvia who doesn't go over 50 in a 50 zone, even when a cop car is practically riding in the back seat.... :-?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:23 pm 
T51

Car: S14
LISTEN 180SX wrote:
i'm sick of being pulled over for 'random breath tests'. in the past month, i've been followed on two separate ocassions for over 5 minutes, to be pulled over and told 'RBT'. its such a crock of shit. what happened to the days when cops needed a VALID excuse to pull you over...

I've been trying really hard to ignore this thread, but i cant do it anymore...

you guys are of course aware that the 'minutes' they are following you, isn't just to play hide and seek/meet rbt quotas etc... they are running your plates/license, which involves them radioing a check into their controller, and getting details read back out to them. its just RBT is what they can legally pull you over for, so thats what they state.

Post subject: LOL!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:18 pm 
T28

Car: 180sx
last time on hume highway near chullora m en mate was speeding abt 90kms then a cop coming from opposite lane, does a u turn over the kerb and stops me, like WTF there were 2 of us speeding not just me,

they pick on 180s lol
friend had a corolla LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 11:16 am 
T03

Car: Sil80
I was driving home from work the other night, and that morning I had just smashed it into a guard rail, not too bad, just bonnet damage and lh side panel. Anyway, cops were on the great western hwy, pulling people over for random breath test, and I knew instantly, they ain't lettin my car past!! i was on the right most lane, and there was a car in front of me that the cop let past, but as soon as that car went, the cop immediately jumps into my lane, and signals me to get in. I'm like, great, done for, surely they're going to defect me too. Cop says standard things, "just doing random breath test, talk into this... blah blah" after it, he inspects my car, looks at my rego, and tells me "you shouldn't be driving around at night with this car... when are you going to fix it?" and i'm like "tomorrow, taking it to a workshop for a quote" and he's like "ok, you can go" ... i was just like, dammm, am I really getting let go? no defects? sweet!! so i drove off as quietly as i could

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 8:25 pm 
Twin T88

ex_zero wrote:
I was driving home from work the other night, and that morning I had just smashed it into a guard rail, not too bad, just bonnet damage and lh side panel. Anyway, cops were on the great western hwy, pulling people over for random breath test, and I knew instantly, they ain't lettin my car past!! i was on the right most lane, and there was a car in front of me that the cop let past, but as soon as that car went, the cop immediately jumps into my lane, and signals me to get in. I'm like, great, done for, surely they're going to defect me too. Cop says standard things, "just doing random breath test, talk into this... blah blah" after it, he inspects my car, looks at my rego, and tells me "you shouldn't be driving around at night with this car... when are you going to fix it?" and i'm like "tomorrow, taking it to a workshop for a quote" and he's like "ok, you can go" ... i was just like, dammm, am I really getting let go? no defects? sweet!! so i drove off as quietly as i could

arent they legally just suppose to pull u over for breath test when its a stationary rbt? they can ask about other stuff but not take action

Last edited by plaYboY on Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 1:42 am 
T03

Car: Sil80
oh yeah, it was a stationary rbt, when i spoke about the cop that pulled me over, i meant the cop that was standing on the road, they stood right in front of my car and ushered me to pull over. Goes to show how imports are "cop" prone, it's just taught me that in any case, they're going to pull me over anyway because I have an import. Though the guy that breath tested me was nice enough to let me drive away.

edit: sorry, didn't read the whole post playboy. So they're not allowed to do anything else on a random breath test? and I thought I was lucky getting away, hehehh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:30 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Gazelle - CA20E
plaYboY wrote:
arent they legally just suppose to pull u over for breath test when its a stationary rbt? they can ask about other tuff but not take action

Pulling someone over for an RBT is their intial power/reason to do that purpose, yet if from that point on if other things arise, it can all be dealt with by any means.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:26 pm 
Twin T88

Razor wrote:
plaYboY wrote:
arent they legally just suppose to pull u over for breath test when its a stationary rbt? they can ask about other tuff but not take action

Pulling someone over for an RBT is their intial power/reason to do that purpose, yet if from that point on if other things arise, it can all be dealt with by any means.
im talking about the roadside ones, thoes ones that are setup already on side of a road to pull over random oncoming cars, they're only suppose to do what theyr'e alloctaed job is; rbt. not the patrol cars that follow you and pull you over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:09 pm 
T66 Hybrid

Car: sp20
About a year ago me and my mate were havin a bit of a race down warringah rd at about 1am...
I was in a gemini, and my mate in an rx7... we pulled massive seconds and thirds... and by this time we were doing about 60 (hahah :o ) anyway about 1km up the road we were doing around 70, and we saw blue n reds in the revision mirror... so i hang out the window and go "f**k man look!" my mate thinks im saying "I Won! I Won!" so he backs off... and i keep launching... haha loooser...
In the end the cop pulls him over cause i didnt even slow down... my mate said the cop was sort of laughing... and wasnt even sure if we were racing we were going that slow... ended up letting him off...
a month later the same cop pulls me over and couldnt stop giggling to himself... i felt so shut down he didnt even need to give me a ticket!
but he did... no p's :x
Thats my story

Dave

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next