Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:53 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 4:44 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: 180sx
I got 'flashed at' on the M4 on the way back from Livo, I don't know if I got done didn't see a flash, was going 120-130 in 110 (just overtaking some 4wd) anyway I slowed down and passsed a few cop cars waiting in the dark a bit further down past conrod straight, I figure they were up for a chase if I was going any faster, reckon I got a ticket coming?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:14 am 
Quad T51

180SXer wrote:
I got 'flashed at' on the M4 on the way back from Livo, I don't know if I got done didn't see a flash, was going 120-130 in 110 (just overtaking some 4wd) anyway I slowed down and passsed a few cop cars waiting in the dark a bit further down past conrod straight, I figure they were up for a chase if I was going any faster, reckon I got a ticket coming?

You saw you got flashed and then say you didn't see a flash?

If you went through a speed camera 120-130 you will get a ticket. They take your photo if you are over the limit by over a few kmph.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:29 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Yeh bad wording, flashed as in the cop car put its high beams and blue/red lights on, it wasn't like the lighting flash of a speed camera.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:10 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Tree Fiddy
I take it you mean that some cops were pulled over the side of the road using a handheld laser device? I'm not sure if its legal for cops to park one of those car-based unmanned speed cameras on the side of motorways (since its technically illegal to stop on motorways unless your car is incapable of driving).

The cops won't necessarily pull you over if they're using a handheld on you. The thing does take photographs, so its enough to be processed.

I was under the impression, however, that the handheld ones also take photos "low light camera" photos, so you never see a flash. This is mainly because they take the reading from head-on, so the flash might blind you.

The cop car based ones can use a flash, and I'm not sure if they're sticking low-light cameras into them. If that's the case, find out if its legal for them to stop on the side of motorways and just leave the car parked there. If its not, contest it.

Curiouser and curiouser....let us know what happens. :)

Go chrome or go home
Sneezin's Pleasin'
Da flutta is bred and butta
NOS is boss
Try to be different, just like everyone else
No boost? Ya just loost

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:43 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Yes the cop was pulled over facing oncoming traffic but as it was dark I did not see any body with a handlaser/gun thingy, didn't know there was a low light camera so maybe I did get done by photo but I doubt it, its poorly lit along that bit of the M4 hence them being able to park in the dark on the side of the raod and not be seen from 1/2 a km away. Yes it was strange, I figure it it was three car trap, they had the laser gun in the first car/cop (no camera, the car that flased its lights at me) at which point I hit the brakes to back to 110, had I been doing 160 or not slowed down, I reckon one of the other cars parked 300m up the M4 would have given chase, so hopefully I won't get a fine in the mail,