Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:16 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:45 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Blue S15 + Vertex Kit
Hi All,

I'm just looking to let off some steam here...

On Saturday Night i was driving down Epping road over the small bridge that goes over Epping Train Station around 2am when a commadore swerved into the middle of my lane..the way sometimes people drive when they are sleepy.. (i was in the left lane, he was in the right) so he was in the middle of both lanes, at this time i going around 80 and he was about 60, i was passing by and he came left into me..to avoid getting hit i was forced to shift over to the left, slammed my breaks but i had to go so far left i dug my Rims into the Kerb (on my left) really really hard! I would say there was only cms of clearance with me rubbing the curb..VERY CLOSE not to have been 'sanded down' by the commadore and having to be without my car in the wreckers for weeks!

2 of my Chrome Rims were Scratched really deep (all twisted up now!) and my 2 left Tyres were ripped to shreds! I got 2 flat tyres and had to get towed home (i got 1 tyre patched up. still loosing air... ) and 1 spacesaver!

As a result i had to get a quote and order in 2 New Chrome Rims ($500 each) and 4 new tyres.

Total cost of this: $2159.

Damn Commadore..2 young guys in it, just drove off laughing. Grrr.

The good news is i'm getting 4 new Tyres! Can't wait to take them for a spin. I got 235's and 265's (previously had 225's and 255's).

I'm getting a brand they suggested, i asked for Continetnals ($550 each!) as i was very happy with them and recently (3 weeks ago) got 2 new rear Falken tyres which i really hated!. They suggested a Japanese brand i never heard of..Sumiamo or something like that. $300 a pop and very high grade, made in the dunlop factory...thought i would give it a go.

Anyway, any1 out there who's had anything similar happen please have a bitch also!

..i feel a bit better now.

*Payam tucks away his fists of fury*
:x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 9:58 am 
Twin T04

Car: 92 Silvia Q, 93 180sx
goddamit another commonwhore driver buggers a s15.......

dont suppose u got plates? should report em or at least go throw a brick thru their windscreen.......

not a commonwhore but the other week on the m5 a big bastard of a 4wd decides...."yes ill take the exit on the left from the FAR RIGHT lane" without checking that anyone was there let alone her blind spot.....or use any common sense.....nearly took me out......goddamit who gives these idiots their licences?? no question had i not jumped on the brakes she woulda totalled me....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 10:00 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

CraZeeE wrote:
goddamit another commonwhore driver buggers a s15.......

dont suppose u got plates? should report em or at least go throw a brick thru their windscreen.......

not a commonwhore but the other week on the m5 a big bastard of a 4wd decides...."yes ill take the exit on the left from the FAR RIGHT lane without checking that anyone was there let alone her blind spot.....or use any common sense.....nearly took me out......goddamit who gives these idiots their licences?? no question had i not jumped on the brakes she woulda totalled me....

Na, bad luck - i was too busy trying to save my ass to worry about the commadore. It was a really old white one (the one grandpa woulda passed down).

Sorry to hear about your incident...damn!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:40 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Tree Fiddy
That corner's a nasty one. Sounds like you were heading towards Carlingford Road (so its a right turn)? Better than going the other way, and at least you have that extra lane to work with (if there were no cars parked).

This might sound stupid, but you probably should have let the fucker hit you instead. I know its reflex for us mighty, well skilled (and frankly good looking) Nissan drivers to avoid accidents (unlike Dunnydore drivers who are just an accident that didn't get aborted) but it would have been smarter to take the hit.

If you had witnesses, you could have done him for the insurance. That way you're not paying for it. The second thing is, if you're in that left lane and you cut left, there's a good chance that you could have jumped the curb and ended up on the footpath (and consider yourself lucky there weren't parked cars to crash into there). If there were any pedestrians, the only way you could be posting this is if you used your "one phone call" to plug in the laptop and use dialup. If you were going fast enough (and 80km/hr around that corner is plenty) around and hit the curb any harder, you could have rolled it.

It'd be more damage to your car, admittedly, to take the hit...but if you want to talk about risk...its still better than killing a pedestrian / rolling your car into a shop / that walkover bridge ramp thing.

Go chrome or go home
Sneezin's Pleasin'
Da flutta is bred and butta
NOS is boss
Try to be different, just like everyone else
No boost? Ya just loost

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 11:46 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Hi, no i came around that turn and was going through the lights heading straight towards North Ryde/city...

It is a nasty one, I have had 2 accidents in my S15 so i'm heaps paranoid now of other cars so i was fast to react to this. I did'nt want to have another accident so i did everything i could by instinct to avoid getting hit.

My Insurance Excess is $1000 but the insurance will go up if i make another claim.
:(

No witnesses, it was 2am..not many people around. I was worried after...damn, what if i went over the kerb into a power poll. The thought Scared me a bit after.

Thanks for the tips, but in my case it was after the curve, going straight where the right lane turns right at the lights to go to Eastwood, i was in the left...anyway, i'm just pissed and bitchin about it!

P.S I WD-40'ed everything in my car on Saturday, it's awesome..everything is quiet and smooth!..door fling open and swin in fast enough to kill some1 now! hehe..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:00 pm 
Twin T04

Car: 92 Silvia Q, 93 180sx
bah no damage with my incident so nothin to worry about.....

yeah coulda been better if u let him hit u, but u dont always think of that at the time do ya?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:05 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Trust me, i cannot have another prank..money is just money. If i had another accident My girlfriends dad would not be impressed (he's a pro Spraypainter in a smash repair place) and my parants would be giving me lots of head shakes with looks of shame.
:oops:

But this space saver looks so stupid @ the rear..it's comical.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:06 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Payam0001 wrote:
Hi, no i came around that turn and was going through the lights heading straight towards North Ryde/city...

No witnesses, it was 2am..not many people around. I was worried after...damn, what if i went over the kerb into a power poll. The thought Scared me a bit after.

I initially put it down as a left hander, then figured from the fact that you had room to move that it was right.

Nah, the left hander is nasty. I hate driving through it. I'll always position my car there to ensure I'm not turning next to someone. Its so fucking hard to keep it in one lane around that corner.

If you want scary, don't think about the power poll. Think about hitting the corner that fast, spinning out, and either ending up in oncoming traffic or, if you didn't slow down enough, hitting the fence over the bridge and falling onto the tracks... :)

Go chrome or go home
Sneezin's Pleasin'
NOS is boss
No boost? Ya just loost

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:07 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

EEK! Shutup man...that's just disturbing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:12 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Payam0001 wrote:
EEK! Shutup man...that's just disturbing.

Don't worry, you'd have to be well on the other side of 100km/hr to actually do that. You'd have to spin across about 5 lanes of road, jump over the curb, and those metal fences aren't weak.

Its possible, but not likely.

Anyway, tough break on that. I'm always paranoid going through that turn in traffic. I haven't had any incidents or moments there, but just watching people turning in front of me and using 1.5 lanes....fuck that.

There's also the people who use the rightmost lane, find out its right-turn only over the bridge, and then cut across a lane without checking their mirrors / blind spot.

Go chrome or go home
Sneezin's Pleasin'
NOS is boss
No boost? Ya just loost

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:14 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S14
i nearly collected someone on epping road yesterday coming from balaclava rd going towards the city. some dumb fuck was roller skating down the hill in the most right hand lane. wat a stupid thing to do when theres a footpath on the side of the road

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:32 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

damn..it's a nasty area! I'm going to take extra car when drifing around that bend!
*chuckle*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 12:55 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
you know there are traffic cameras around there?

if you really want to, put in a police report, and then with the FOI rules, you can request the camera footage for a court case. get ur cash back from that fucker!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 1:32 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Good stuff, i was not aware of that.

I may look into that when i have the time, those kinda things take ages i'm sure on the phone..papers..etc but worth it! Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:36 pm 
Quad T51

Car: slow, quiet & comfy katemobile
Payam0001 wrote:
But this space saver looks so stupid @ the rear..it's comical.

Pics! Pics! :P j/k

Ah that does suck. Bad luck.

On the take the hit topic... you might've been hurt. But on the plus side the other guy may have been too lol

So I guess this means the recaros will be put on hold for a while :wink: ?