Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:19 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 2:45 pm 
T28

Car: S15
Exactly! ~ I need to hold the rev above 3000 rpm at the lights otherwise the turbo lag will make me lose, this is a bit tired but I feel pretty enjoying :) For the situation that I wanna take over other cars when driving at 70 km/h, just simply shift back to 2nd gear.

And, I dont like the performance in the wet either(slipping sucks), :(
I am not sure thats because of the lack of traction or too much torque or it just happens to other cars as well, so I have to drive very slow in the wet, as you said " like a granny" :lol:

Another problem is the stabilization at high speed ( 120 + km/h), probably due to the S15 has not much weight to carry, but this problem can be solved by upgrading a good suspension kit and GT wing.

Anyway, Vuster ~ hopefully you will be happy with your new F6 :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 4:44 pm 
Quad T88

Car: My Feet
Ummm What?? Translation please.

Guys, with good tyres your issues with driving in the wet are gone.

Unless you have a V8, you will need to raise the revs if you want a decent launch in any car, and it's not all about revs, like there is a magic about 3,000rpm :P , it's all about a fine balance of revs, slipping the clutch and wheel spin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:01 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: HSV VZ clubsport. X S15 owner
MYS15T wrote:
Ummm What?? Translation please.

Guys, with good tyres your issues with driving in the wet are gone.

Unless you have a V8, you will need to raise the revs if you want a decent launch in any car, and it's not all about revs, like there is a magic about 3,000rpm :P , it's all about a fine balance of revs, slipping the clutch and wheel spin.

MYS15,

I had a VT before the S15. I could step on the accellerator at the lights and it would move without any wheel spin as power was more gradual compared to the S15. The S15 with it's sling shot power happening just causes you to lose traction easily in the wet.
Sure you can play with the clutch and change your timings with the accellerator but most drivers don't have the know how or are too lazy to do so. I'm one of those drivers.
The difference with the Ford T is that it has an extra 2 pots so even before the turbo comes into play, the car moves at a decent pace.
Plus even if you step on the accellerator, you have traction control which prevents the tyres from spinning out. I'll just switch Traction control on in the wet and drive like normal knowing that I'll be safe.

I had my S15 for less than 2 years. I changed the tyres twice and always asked for the most expensive, grippy in wet ones since my company pays for it. Yes the car doesn't lose traction on 90% of my launches in the wet but there are those odd times where you think the conditions are the same as before but the car manages to lose traction. After I experience that I just don't bother to push it in the wet again. Feels a bit scary when you fish tail in the wet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:27 pm 
T28

Car: S15
My tyres are falken ($1000 a set), not bridgestones but they are not too bad. I still get a little bit loss of traction even in the dry condittion , so I dont think there will be hugh difference for me to drive in the wet even if I change to bridgestones. Launching the car in the wet with 3000 rpm will certainly cause you slipping, you are just not allowed to push hard :(

Yeah, it is not all about revs, if you raise the revs at 3000 rpm but dont know how to balance of the revs and slipping the clutch and wheel spin, your revs will go back to <3000 rpm as soon as you take off your clutch. Hehe, I have already mastered that, now practising the "heel and toe" and "double clutch" :D

Last edited by Dr_Yang on Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:18 am 
T03 Hybrid

Car: Still shopping
Quote:
According to today's DRIVE, the F6 Typhoons production has been stopped and all of the cars already sold have been recalled.
This weeks launch of the Tornado has also been postponed.
Apparently, ever since the clutches failed for WHEELS and MOTOR, they've been working flat out to rectify the problem and have even enlisted the help from Prodrive and AP Racing, the latter of who make the clutches.

This may be very good news for you Vuster :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:33 am 
T28 Hybrid

yes f6typhoon.
good news that the clutch is actually being fixed. bad news is I have to wait another 5 weeks to get delivery.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:21 am 
T03 Hybrid

Vuster wrote:
bad news is I have to wait another 5 weeks to get delivery.

That's why I said may be good news.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:19 pm 
T28 Hybrid

no more F6 stress for me. I cancelled the order. It was getting too much for me. I'm back to car hunting which I enjoy doing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:04 pm 
T03 Hybrid

:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:10 pm 
T28 Hybrid

I finally bought a car.
RED VZ clubsport. It's a great drive. 297kw.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2005 2:36 pm 
Quad T04

Car: S13 Silvia
At least you dind't buy the SV6, all reports say it's a dog.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:22 am 
T28 Hybrid

SV6 seems to be quite fast for a Naturally aspirated 6. It's much better than a VX S pack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:33 pm 
T25

Car: S15 200sx
For a "Family" car, im sure the SV6 would be great.......as far as performance goes :-? ........they are shit.

I raced 1 on thurs arvo, and I thought my stock S15 was slow, but dam, the dude in the sv6 had a car length on me off the line (i didnt think he was gonna go) but by 2nd i had 2 car lengths on him and its was a case of CYA LATER....

As far as the xr6 turbo goes......they are just a "future turbo taxi"......but in saying that i have been beaten twice by them........convincingly beaten. They are quick for a stock car........performance is all they have, every utha aspect of them is very poor.

S15 owners, think back to your pre-exhaust days.....

Also, remember that not every other driver goes "flat to the floor" against seemingly "lesser performace" cars.

Last night for example, im cruising down parra road and a tossa in a Corolla Sportivo (141kw celica engine model) cut me off and tries to give me a go, he's in 2nd, im in 4th, not quite to the floor. We sat side by side and he pulled a little. Next set of lights his passenger window is down and im hearing "take ya show-pony home"....WTF (hehehe yellow S15, white 18's, dark tint - hehe as two hot blondies in an Mr2 put it last night.....very pretty lol)....
So when that light goes green i went as if i was racing a porsche, by 120km/h i could see corolla headlights in my rear view about 10 cars lngths back.........them my mates points out double demeritts :oops:

But yeah, every time u think u've ripper something, just keep that in mind...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:43 pm 

Car: MKV Golf
Showstoppa wrote:
So when that light goes green i went as if i was racing a porsche, by 120km/h i could see corolla headlights in my rear view about 10 cars lngths back.........them my mates points out double demeritts :oops:

Double the speed limit on double demerits long weekend... :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005 2:43 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Showstoppa,

The XR6T's who beat you convincingly may not be stock. All they need to do is put an edit on their car which flashes the computer to run a different mapping. I think it increases the rwkw from about 170 to 240 which is a huge difference. No need for exhaust.
There's not a huge difference in the performance of the XR6T and S15 and most of the time the win will be based on the drivers ability.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next