Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:30 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:06 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
..they don't know who they are,and that's half of the problem.

My Stagea has been hit three times in the last week and a half.

the first time was last thursday night,when it was parked on the street a couple of doors up from my house. some moron scraped the driver's side headlight,scratched the front bar corner and left a few paint marks on the guard while I was sleeping.
I saw it the next morning when I parked at work. was pissed off,but it wasn't anything major.

the next time was monday morning this week. the car was parked across the road from my house one door up and was hit by an ambulance turning into my neighbour's driveway. I got the driver's details,and was told I have to wait until he gets off his arse and does the claim paperwork before I can get it repaired.

now,I've just gotten home from having the car driven into while turning right at an intersection by an old prick who didn't look before changing lanes mid-corner and cutting me off. the same corner of the car has been hit in this accident,so now the guard is bent,the bar has even more damage,both front enkei rims are damaged and the steering is now off centre from my being pushed into the gutter by the impacting magna.

I just rang his insurer to put in a claim,and surprise surprise,I have to wait until he makes a claim before I can do anything again.

my weekend is now fucked as I needed the wagon tomorrow to go and do stuff for my project car,and seeing as god only knows when it's going to get fixed,I might be needing to find the cash to buy something else to drive in the meantime.

all I can say about this is heaven help anyone who gets in my way on the road tomorrow.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:46 pm 
TO4

Car: 200sx S14.5
that's seriously fucked up !

my first car, i had a liberty rs
i came home at 4am from work and parked it on the street so i wouldn't wake anyone up from driving it up my driveway..
i then wake up at 6am to go to my second job, and guess what, my car is TOTALLY WRECKED !

my neighbour came out when he heard the hit, and he saw a massive 4wd driving away but couldn't get the number plate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:20 pm 
T66

Car: Black S15 Spec R '01
thats fucked, and also thats very fucked up for you too rk2k9.

i was parked out the front of my now ex-gf's place, and my car was hit by some mofo who drove off and didnt leave details. i was not there at the time so i didnt even get a chance to run out and catch the number plate. $600 bucks down the drain :evil:

at least you'll get most of the damage repaired by insurance Fergo, but still very inconvenient!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:24 pm 
TO4

hahah
mine was a write off, 7grand =P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:15 pm 
Twin T04

Car: 92 Silvia Q, 93 180sx
Far out Justin, what is it with people hitting your stagea(s)?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:54 pm 

I don't know. I'm starting to think I need to buy a cheap shitter to drive daily and leave my real car at home (in the garage) to protect it.

If I drive a piece of shit I can just behave like all the other fuckwits in this area and not care what happens.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:42 am 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
shit justin thats bad news mate! no luck in that area, they dont breed brains out your way, it appears only money!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:43 am 
TO4

that's exactly what im doing now
i drive a little white lancer as my daily, cos im sick of jealous hoons who vandalise nice cars
just because they don't feel that pain

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:21 pm 

ZEi250t wrote:
shit justin thats bad news mate! no luck in that area, they dont breed brains out your way, it appears only money!

don't you mean inbreed? and it's mostly money from the old country,off of the backs of others.

as for my car,I'm going to swap a new tie rod into it and get it aligned sometime this week so it's at least driveable again. the rest is pretty much cosmetic as far as I can see atm so it can wait until the other pricks pay for it.

I have been thinking about selling it and getting something like a VS V8 wagon for a daily and maybe getting another nissan for a weekend toy and when I need to go for a drive.
I won't give a shit if someone smacks a commodore and parts are everywhere. don't know if I can live with driving one every day though.

Justin...

Last edited by fergo308 on Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:36 pm 
Overlord
Overlord

Car: DeathWagon + Sil80 + Nugget
Certainly a bad run of luck there.

Selling it could be an option, especially if you are concerned about it being hit. Unfortunately its still not a sellers market atm. You no doubt have seen how much trouble people are having in getting rid of their stags

Sil80 - SR20DET 231rwkw
Silvia Race Nugget - SR20DET 225rwkw
Stagea - DeathWagon - RB25DET 185rwkw.

My Lame Gallery: http://www.toomuchboost.com/gallery/main.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:11 pm 
Twin T66

Car: 1988 Nissan Silvia Ks
My S13 got reversed into the other day, minor damage (just bent numberplate and cracked/rubbed off paint etc) but its so dishonest to just drive away. :x

I'm also contemplating purchasing an old Corolla or something as a daily and just keeping the S13 for weekends or track work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:49 pm 

too_much_boost wrote:
Unfortunately its still not a sellers market atm. You no doubt have seen how much trouble people are having in getting rid of their stags

yeah,it's been like that for quite a while and I doubt that'll change anytime soon. I'll be trying to fix the steering this week and will go from there.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:59 pm 
Overlord
Overlord

Car: DeathWagon + Sil80 + Nugget
You have spares from the old car i assume?

If you want a car for towing purposes, apparently a crappy old Oz delivered junkbox does a much better job that our cars anyway. The way things are going, even owning cars like ours is getting difficult. Just gotta hope the cops don't start noticing them

Sil80 - SR20DET 231rwkw
Silvia Race Nugget - SR20DET 225rwkw
Stagea - DeathWagon - RB25DET 185rwkw.

My Lame Gallery: http://www.toomuchboost.com/gallery/main.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:45 pm 
Quad T78

Car: S14a
That shit sucks fergo :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:57 pm 

too_much_boost wrote:
You have spares from the old car i assume?

If you want a car for towing purposes, apparently a crappy old Oz delivered junkbox does a much better job that our cars anyway. The way things are going, even owning cars like ours is getting difficult. Just gotta hope the cops don't start noticing them

I have some spares,yeah. hopefully only one tie rod is stuffed. the guard is repairable,and hopefully the bar can be welded and refinished and made to look decent again.
nissan haven't gotten back to me yet on what a replacement will cost and if they're even still available. I haven't popped the bonnet to see if the headlight is damaged or not yet either. it wouldn't want to be,I don't think I have a spare one of those and they cost close to $2k each new.

a local shitter is the way to go,I just can't bring myself to drive one. I'm not exactly comfortable with the idea of my choice of vehicle being dictated to me by the morons that live around me.
I don't see how it's fair that I have to constantly suffer this kind of shit at the hands of fuckwits in boring,standard local shitboxes. I take care of my car,and I take care on the road to ensure that I don't cause anyone else grief,why is it so fucking hard for everyone else to do the same?

I've been driving for 18 years now and have been modding my cars as my income has allowed me to for pretty much that whole time and I haven't once been able to finish a car to the point that I've been happy with it's performance and don't have any major plans for more work on it before some arsehole has taken it away from me either by stealing it or smashing into it,writing it off.

cruising out to pro concept today in a borrowed mazda and over to marrickville for lunch in the gf's levin I was reminded of just how stupid the average motorist is,and how easy it is becoming for your car to be damaged by other people's ineptitude and I don't like it.
it seems that far too often on the road nowadays I'm seeing near misses or am being involved in them,and the worst part of it is that the average idiot doesn't give a shit. even if you drag them out of the car and beat the shit of of them for it they won't care. people LIKE being stupid,conformist sheep. cutting other people off every morning as they pull out of their street isn't a problem. they are in a rush,and don't have time to wait for a safe gap in the traffic and other people should just deal with that right? the fuck we should.

to most people out there,a car is just another consumable like your tv or the pc I'm typing this on. you break it,you buy a new one. it doesn't even enter into most people's heads that there might be other people out there who take pride in their cars,and actually WANT to take care of them and keep them maintained in a clean and reliable condition,and who might even enjoy driving them once in a while.

I'm so over the whole fucking thing atm. I'm an inch away from buying an old 4wd hilux and going on a ramming spree. give some of these fuckwits an idea of how it feels to have their property smashed up while they're inside sleeping.

Justin...

Last edited by fergo308 on Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.