It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:03 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:08 pm 
T51 Hybrid

Car: S13 Silbeer and OneEighty wife mobile
fergo308 wrote:
too_much_boost wrote:
You have spares from the old car i assume?

If you want a car for towing purposes, apparently a crappy old Oz delivered junkbox does a much better job that our cars anyway. The way things are going, even owning cars like ours is getting difficult. Just gotta hope the cops don't start noticing them

I have some spares,yeah. hopefully only one tie rod is stuffed. the guard is repairable,and hopefully the bar can be welded and refinished and made to look decent again.
nissan haven't gotten back to me yet on what a replacement will cost and if they're even still available. I haven't popped the bonnet to see if the headlight is damaged or not yet either. it wouldn't want to be,I don't think I have a spare one of those and they cost close to $2k each new.

a local shitter is the way to go,I just can't bring myself to drive one. I'm not exactly comfortable with the idea of my choice of vehicle being dictated to me by the morons that live around me.
I don't see how it's fair that I have to constantly suffer this kind of shit at the hands of fuckwits in boring,standard local shitboxes. I take care of my car,and I take care on the road to ensure that I don't cause anyone else grief,why is it so fucking hard for everyone else to do the same?

I've been driving for 18 years now and have been modding my cars as my income has allowed me to for pretty much that whole time and I haven't once been able to finish a car to the point that I've been happy with it's performance and don't have any major plans for more work on it before some arsehole has taken it away from me either by stealing it or smashing into it,writing it off.

cruising out to pro concept today in a borrowed mazda and over to marrickville for lunch in the gf's levin I was reminded of just how stupid the average motorist is,and how easy it is becoming for your car to be damaged by other people's ineptitude and I don't like it.
it seems that far too often on the road nowadays I'm seeing near misses or am being involved in them,and the worst part of it is that the average idiot doesn't give a shit. even if you drag them out of the car and beat the shit of of them for it they won't care. people LIKE being stupid,conformist sheep. cutting other people off every morning as they pull out of their street isn't a problem. they are in a rush,and don't have time to wait for a safe gap in the traffic and other people should just deal with that right? the fuck we should.

to most people out there,a car is just another consumable like your tv or the pc I'm typing this on. you break it,you buy a new one. it doesn't even enter into most people's heads that there might be other people out there who take pride in their cars,and actually WANT to take care of them and keep them maintained in a clean and reliable condition,and who might even enjoy driving them once in a while.

I'm so over the whole fucking thing atm. I'm an inch away from buying an old 4wd hilux and going on a ramming spree. give some of these fuckwits an idea of how it feels to have their property smashed up while they're inside sleeping.

Justin...

DO IT !!!! :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:51 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
no justin you have it the wrong way. steal one of THEIR soccer mum 4WDs THEN go on the spree with it. swing by my place dude ill join you......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:01 pm 
Twin T04

Car: 92 Silvia Q, 93 180sx
fergo308 wrote:
I don't know. I'm starting to think I need to buy a cheap shitter to drive daily and leave my real car at home (in the garage) to protect it.

Yeah, well my daily atm is a 1996 3.0 auto mitsubushi magna, complete with peeling clearcoat.

You all know about the technological marvel that is the mitsubushi evo, with its all powerful engine and drivetrain combo, huge grip, great roadholding and bulletproof handling that all combine to make an inspiring, go anywhere high performance car? Yeah well, the guys that made that had nothing whatsoever to do with the magna, the most bland car ever.

Still it fits a fridge in the back, tows a trailer well and depite heaps of punishment soldiers on with only a little persuasion every now and again, and if it cops a hit....I could not care less!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:38 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
ZEi250t wrote:
no justin you have it the wrong way. steal one of THEIR soccer mum 4WDs THEN go on the spree with it. swing by my place dude ill join you......

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:10 am 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
hahah i should actually start one