Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:27 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:38 pm 
Offline
Twin T66
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:42 am
Posts: 1218
Location: North Sydney, NSW
Car: 1988 Nissan Silvia Ks
Varvs wrote:
I have never, ever, EVER had a problem at my local RTA office (miranda) even on a saturday when they open for a half day, it only takes 5-10min to get served.

Whats the big deal? at most you have to go a few times a year (buying/selling/junking cars, plates change, rego, license renewal) its not like its a weekly task or something.


Mate, try going to the North Sydney one, it's like being on death row. :x


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:40 pm 
Offline
Quad T88
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:09 pm
Posts: 3924
Location: gatesville
Car: *insert car here*
as long as you nailed the chick, thats all that matters mate :lol:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:33 pm 
Offline
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:13 pm
Posts: 1218
Location: Sydney - West
Car: S13
Varvs wrote:
I have never, ever, EVER had a problem at my local RTA office (miranda) even on a saturday when they open for a half day, it only takes 5-10min to get served.

Whats the big deal? at most you have to go a few times a year (buying/selling/junking cars, plates change, rego, license renewal) its not like its a weekly task or something.

Yeah, I dont get the big deal either. I had to go to my local RTA about a month ago to renew my licence. I went early in the morning, but the place was still packed. I reckon I only waited about 10 minutes to be served then another 5 to wait for my licence to be printed.
Some people seem to think that because they're in a government building and they are doing something that the law requires them to do inorder to drive (rego etc) that they should receive some super fast service inorder to compensate them for this obviously major inconvenience to their life.
I gave this guy the benefit of the doubt that maybe he accidently knocked over the stand, but since then Ive read some of his other posts on these forums and have come to the conclusion he's a dick and probably did deliberatly knock it over.
If little things like having to wait in line for a short while really bug you, then don't drive. Simple. Makes the line shorter for me when I go if people like you just don't bother.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:06 pm 
Offline
Twin T51
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 2:41 pm
Posts: 1018
Location: Northern Beaches
Car: 200sx s15
Different story.. but fuck im pissed off at what the dude at the rta said.

this is what happened VERY summarised mind you.

Dad went to hand in my exemption, the guy said i wont get exempt that its a very poor excuse, they will ask me to catch public tranport.

(where i live bus's come once every hour IF that, sometimes dont show up for 3 hrs, etc. even then id have to get up say 4:30 - 5 every morning just to catch 3 buss's to work)
along these lines dad stated due to a "stranger danger" incident i had once waiting for a bus (guy asked if i needed a ride, i said no, he kept trying to pressure me. luckily the bus came i hopped on and i later reported it to the police), dad would rather me drive to work.

after about 30 mins of arguing the RTA guy pretty much said id be SAFER in a kidnapping/rape situation than driving a turbo charged car.

he didnt say it in those words but it's what he implied. he said along the lines off "it would be safer for her to handle a stranger than driving this car", now, dad being a protective father of his daughter as im sure most fathers are, absolutely cracked it. got the details of a lady next to him who butted in overhearing what the guy said, she too was disgusted..and the guy at the rta's details.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:14 am 
Offline
Twin T51
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:39 pm
Posts: 1011
Location: At your house =P
Car: 180sx RB26DETT
wow...

i've heard some outrages stories in the past but thats a new one.

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:29 pm 
Offline
Twin T51
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 2:41 pm
Posts: 1018
Location: Northern Beaches
Car: 200sx s15
blu80 wrote:
wow...

i've heard some outrages stories in the past but thats a new one.


yeah.. i know the rta has nothing to do with the exemption unit, so why couldn't he just keep his mouth shut? We had one lady tell us (when we called up, explaining our circumstances) telling us that we would most probably get the exemption, not going into details to summarise there is no public transport where i live, and the other cars under the family name is an 80 thousand dollar supercharged tiptronic merc, or a twin turbo V6. and im only asking to use "dads" car between certain hours, i.e. to work and back, 7:30 am - 6pm.

Still it is uncalled for. technically shouldn't it be the parents choice of their childs safety, so to speak? obviously not.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:23 am 
Offline
Twin T51
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:39 pm
Posts: 1011
Location: At your house =P
Car: 180sx RB26DETT
actually sport cars are much safer to drive, comparing to other cars.

bigger brakes, better suspension, better handling and etc.

you will find that over the past years people who get into serious crashes always end up driving a holden or some sort of average joe's car.

Crash that killed the old couples (holden driver) for example...

What they think is that by limiting the power of a car for P platers this will stop the death toll, speeding, racing and etc but they going around it the wroung way. Driving a turbo car won't mean that the driver will do 180km everywhere they go. either as restricting a P plater to a NA non performance car this won't mean that they won't drive 160-180km.

if the gov. really wanted to go around it the right way they should do some research and planing rather then just take the easy way out of everything.

How do you beat the rich people *gov. decision easy* luxury car tax. just taking the easy way out for everything.

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:31 am 
Offline
Twin T51
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 2:41 pm
Posts: 1018
Location: Northern Beaches
Car: 200sx s15
blu80 wrote:
actually sport cars are much safer to drive, comparing to other cars.

bigger brakes, better suspension, better handling and etc.

you will find that over the past years people who get into serious crashes always end up driving a holden or some sort of average joe's car.

Crash that killed the old couples (holden driver) for example...

What they think is that by limiting the power of a car for P platers this will stop the death toll, speeding, racing and etc but they going around it the wroung way. Driving a turbo car won't mean that the driver will do 180km everywhere they go. either as restricting a P plater to a NA non performance car this won't mean that they won't drive 160-180km.

if the gov. really wanted to go around it the right way they should do some research and planing rather then just take the easy way out of everything.

How do you beat the rich people *gov. decision easy* luxury car tax. just taking the easy way out for everything.


it's just like the "alcopop" price rasing, now all kids are buying straight spirits and mixing their own quantity.
The government don't EVER do deeper research, they just scratch the surface.

It is true, you can do outrageous speeds in standard cars as you can turbo, enough to cause an accident. I actually dont see a difference, just with turbo or V8's you can push to that speed quicker. whether you're dumb enough to do so on main roads with traffic is the question.. stop punishing the innocent ones!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:06 pm 
Offline
T78 Hybrid
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:10 am
Posts: 632
Location: sydney
Car: 93' 180sx
unfortunately bad ones ruin it for the good ones, just like anything

curiousity- ~bb~ did the rta ever question why a turbocharged car was bought for you to drive instead of an NA car when obviously the P plater rules were made obvious?

im just curious as the ownership papers would show when it was bought and your name on the rego papers. i cant imagine them assuming you bought a turbo car by accident whilst knowing you shouldnt be driving one.

dont take this offensively as im only using you as an example and not a target, im just curious if the rta thinks about things like this when faced with an exemption application

_________________
ADZ180...bom chikka wah wah


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:05 am 
Offline
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2003 11:03 pm
Posts: 4219
Location: Sydney
Car: S15
I'd have to agree with Stallion

Althought the RTA guy acted inapropriately, it's pretty obvious what you are trying to do here

And to be honest, if you were dumb enough to buy the car thinking you would get away with it, then you got no sympathy from me

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:24 pm 
Offline
T28 Hybrid

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:52 pm
Posts: 94
Car: 180sx
if you family can afford nice cars i don't think buying you a nice lil 2nd hand civic for 3 years to drive around will be an issue.


yes the better solution is to have better training and fix up the license scene but honestly a turbo rwd car is more difficult to handle then a fwd low power car.

the car still gives me goosebumps in the rain. it less predictable then my old car which had the same power but was fwd and na.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:10 am 
Offline
Twin T51
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 2:41 pm
Posts: 1018
Location: Northern Beaches
Car: 200sx s15
stallion180 wrote:
unfortunately bad ones ruin it for the good ones, just like anything

curiousity- ~bb~ did the rta ever question why a turbocharged car was bought for you to drive instead of an NA car when obviously the P plater rules were made obvious?

im just curious as the ownership papers would show when it was bought and your name on the rego papers. i cant imagine them assuming you bought a turbo car by accident whilst knowing you shouldnt be driving one.

dont take this offensively as im only using you as an example and not a target, im just curious if the rta thinks about things like this when faced with an exemption application


They asked why the mx6 was sold and this car bought. Dad said the mx6 was extremely unsafe as it was a repairable write off (cut and shut) so we got rid of it, amongst so many things breaking (this is true) and not worth fixing. he bought the s15 due to its duel airbags and crash star rating,
my name isn't on the rego papers.. dad has just stated he can't take me to work anymore and public transport doesn't go past our place.

Serial Killa, I don't think i will get away with it but it doesn't help to try I have nothing to loose (er, except a license but sh!) i have 5 more months till my full license, been pulled over many times and not been subject to the turbo (even by highway patrol).. I dont know if this is because police can't be screwed to police this subject, they are more interested in drink driving offences, as all times i've been pulled over for RBTing, one for going 20 over the limit one night and he noted it was turbo, looked at my license and just told me to be a bit more careful (after RBTing me, too).

I just think it was unacceptable if you have no say in how the exemption unit handles it as the RTA doesn't have a say, why mention me dealing with being attacked by a stranger is safer? that's whats got me beat. could have just said nothing and "good luck" thats what im bitching about!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:27 pm 
Offline
Twin T51
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:39 pm
Posts: 1011
Location: At your house =P
Car: 180sx RB26DETT
i always thought that you are only restricted on your red Ps for performance vehicles and that once your on your Greens it dosnt apply to you any more.

meh... was i wrong this whole time????

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:44 pm 
Offline
T78
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:04 pm
Posts: 589
Location: Sydney
Car: 180SX Kouki
Real Name: Mat
blu80 wrote:
meh... was i wrong this whole time????


Yes :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:23 am 
Offline
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2003 8:13 pm
Posts: 1218
Location: Sydney - West
Car: S13
blu80 wrote:
i always thought that you are only restricted on your red Ps for performance vehicles and that once your on your Greens it dosnt apply to you any more.

meh... was i wrong this whole time????


Only those who were already on their Ps when the law was introduced were exempt from this (I believe).... my next-door neighbour bought an XR8 ute while he was on his green Ps, but he's on his full license now, so he would have gotten his Ps before the new law was introduced


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group