Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:45 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:59 am 
Twin T51

Car: 200sx s15
SamBo wrote:
blu80 wrote:
i always thought that you are only restricted on your red Ps for performance vehicles and that once your on your Greens it dosnt apply to you any more.

meh... was i wrong this whole time????

Only those who were already on their Ps when the law was introduced were exempt from this (I believe).... my next-door neighbour bought an XR8 ute while he was on his green Ps, but he's on his full license now, so he would have gotten his Ps before the new law was introduced

if you were on your P's before July 11, 2005 you are exempt, unless you loose ur license after that time, then you have to fill out an exemption form saying u owned the prohibited vehicle before u lost ur license etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:01 am 
Twin T51

didn't get the exemption of course! no-matter... ill drive around untill someone actually does fine me and then take it to court, well thats what my parents said. it does say on the letter u can make an appeal at court, but may as well wait until its as "serious" as loosing my license so-to-speak!

i hate how it doesnt display any reason why. just says your reasons arn't good enough pretty much!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:26 am 
T78 Hybrid

Car: 93' 180sx
if you went to court after being caught driving a banned car what would your defence be to the judge to save your licence and further time spent on P plates?

curiousity again..... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:19 pm 
Twin T51

stallion180 wrote:
if you went to court after being caught driving a banned car what would your defence be to the judge to save your licence and further time spent on P plates?

curiousity again..... :lol:

LOL!
just going to say we tried with the exemption for all these reasons, how the hell can i get to work when there is no public transport, and the parents are going to throw the stranger danger business in their face cause i came across it once when the buss didnt show for 3.5 hrs..it is reported so the file should be somewhere in the police files, not going to go into details, nothing happened in any sick way! the guy got caught and jailed, it was the guy that lived in bayview for raping 16 yr old girls that got of school buss's etc and the 156 is meant to come every hour but sometimes its every 2 - 3 hours, and at night it never stops (before having a car i needed to bus it to work at the good ol' cinema, lost my job cause buss's never stopped at night)

thats a bit off topic on the situation, but making the point that its my parents choice for "their childs safety" that they dont want me out waiting for buss's at night / in the morn due to strangers n shit specially this guy that just got caught who lived 5 houses up from us, liturally!

they can always let me drive one of the other cars under the family name >=D bring on the merc. hahaha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:32 pm 
T78 Hybrid

im all for parents protecting their child and having a car to drive, but would you not expect a judge to say something along the lines of -

" the car is on a banned list that has been well advertised as illegal for P platers to drive and should not have been bought with the intention of trying to claim an exemption "

not to mention " naturally aspirated cars can get people to work the same way a turbo car does and are just as safe when obeying speed limits "

and last but not least " rules are rules, whats fair for one is fair for all "

just food for thought as the last thing you would want is your licence suspended and having to spend more time on your P's due to a self inflicted desire of driving a car with a turbo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:37 pm 
Twin T51

stallion180 wrote:
im all for parents protecting their child and having a car to drive, but would you not expect a judge to say something along the lines of -

" the car is on a banned list that has been well advertised as illegal for P platers to drive and should not have been bought with the intention of trying to claim an exemption "

not to mention " naturally aspirated cars can get people to work the same way a turbo car does and are just as safe when obeying speed limits "

and last but not least " rules are rules, whats fair for one is fair for all "

just food for thought as the last thing you would want is your licence suspended and having to spend more time on your P's due to a self inflicted desire of driving a car with a turbo

this is true.. this is stupid and prob wont work but dad was going to throw the "we use to own the mazda mx6 which illegally didnt have an airbag and was illegally a cut and shut repairable write off so sold it due to being an unsafe car to drive. the s15 has a 4 star crash rating and dual airbags which i deem safe for my daugher to drive" along with it being rediculous just to go out and buy ANOTHER car just so i can get to work n back

these laws suck i hate the rta and police and the hoons that made this law come into play ughghghg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:41 pm 
T78 Hybrid

heard of the autech s15 N/A ?? judge will still argue that non turbo cars come with airbags aswell

just tryna help bree

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:04 pm 
Twin T51

stallion180 wrote:
heard of the autech s15 N/A ?? judge will still argue that non turbo cars come with airbags aswell

just tryna help bree

err, uhm..
"oops?" lol

nah i know and thanks, you've actually put into my head what might happen if the worst comes to worst and i thank you for that :) im aware of the fines, but i mean if it does all go to court etc.

if it gets that bad im just going to hope to do a sorry i wont drive it then, learnt my lesson we cant help but try and hopefully not loose 7 points, as i only have 4 points left on my license! >.< eep! im just a "silly blonde girl driving daddys car"

>_>
<_<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:23 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S15
I'm still with Stallion on this one

Judges aren't stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:56 pm 
T78

Car: 180SX Kouki
Serial Killa wrote:

Judges aren't stupid

I could swear that Judge Judy is one stupid <bleep> or... maybe more arrogant if anything... either way... illegal activities with the idea of "it's ok, i'll just plead ignorance" is a rather stupid mind set in my opinion.. Why wouldn't you just stick it out for the remainder of your p's until you're unrestricted? Less hastle, less fines, less things to worry about... This story is almost identical to an old friend of mine who is still on his p's due to doing this kind of crap and continuously having to re-do his p's duration. It just makes no sense to me why people always need to try cheat the system, no matter how rediculous it is, in order to drive a turbo car whilst on their p's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:31 pm 
Twin T51

i know judges arnt stupid, except judge judy, but i dont have any other car to drive.
i dont want to cause arguments im simply stating whats happening on my side, having a bitch. call it stupid i don't care but it can't help to try.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:36 pm 
T78 Hybrid

Serial Killa wrote:

Judges aren't stupid

cheers

bree i know where your comin from, fun cars to drive, you cant wait. but claiming you have no other car to drive wouldnt help alot either, a turbo car shouldnt have been bought as your sole means of transport.

get rid of those ricer lights and il drive it around for you until you can legally drive it :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:40 pm 
Twin T51

stallion180 wrote:
Serial Killa wrote:

Judges aren't stupid

cheers

bree i know where your comin from, fun cars to drive, you cant wait. but claiming you have no other car to drive wouldnt help alot either, a turbo car shouldnt have been bought as your sole means of transport.

get rid of those ricer lights and il drive it around for you until you can legally drive it :)

shhh i know but i couldnt help myself i've always wanted one and the chance came so i took it!! that would go down awesome in the court room dont u think? :P

you can legally drive it with persons on their full license, can't you?
yes yes ricer lights ill get there, gimmie a month and ill change them just to stop your pain! lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:44 pm 
T78 Hybrid

ummm NO that would be L plates your thinking of....but your blonde and your trying so il let it slide this time....

1 month.......thats 3 weeks and 6 days too long.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:52 pm 
Twin T51

stallion180 wrote:
ummm NO that would be L plates your thinking of....but your blonde and your trying so il let it slide this time....

1 month.......thats 3 weeks and 6 days too long.

damn!
hahaha well if you would like to lend me money to heal ur pain... :P

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next