Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:07 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:09 pm 
T25

Car: s13
listening to kyle and jacki-o other day, some 30 something year old guy called screaming about how he speeds on some road to lithgow from sydney on his way to work and p platers still overtake him. he announced that because he speeds down there, he knows the limits of vehicles on the roads and the p platers are pushing it too far. so i managed to dial the station and blaze my guns in return. i asked if he had ever seen an accident or p plater fall off the side of the road in his daily passings, he said no. i asked if its a well policed road, he said yes. and then i asked why he speeds down there? he said its an enjoyable road but its nothing silly. so i replied that according to his research; if he hasnt seen a p plater smash on the road, it would make sense that they're not necessarrilly pushing limits too far, additionally they're also "enjoying the road" as he put. and if the road is obviously a danger zone for speeding or "hot spot" and is so well policed how come he has never been pulled over while he speeds through daily? he then started spouting how were the most accident prone age group to which i challenged him to a street race down this road to see who was more accident prone. he said he only has a VR ute and wouldnt be appropriate. i got cut off for inciting a crime.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:30 pm 
Twin T66

Car: 1988 Nissan Silvia Ks
supersilvia wrote:
listening to kyle and jacki-o other day,

Worst thread ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:29 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
agreed. listening to 2day fm in the first place was the problem.

don't ever expect that retard to have a balanced opinion of anything,especially if he's personally involved in the subject.

as a P plater,you have a big target stuck on each end of your car that encourages the police to watch you as they feel that you are a potential accident waiting to happen.
how correct that assumption is varies from person to person. in my experience on the road it's 50-50.
I've also found that if you increase the number of P platers on the road at once,and if they happen to know each other,the risk increases exponentially. I'm sure the majority are fine when it comes to a daily commute however. get a group of young guys out at once though,and all bets are off.

challenging the guy to a street race wasn't the smartest tack you could have taken. perhaps taking the RTA's own approach (no such thing as safe speeding) or such and putting the risk-taking behaviour tag back onto him would have had more success. he openly admitted breaking the law on a daily basis after all. challenging him to prove you wrong just ruined your chances of being taken seriously or as being a law-abiding,non-risk-takin P plater. in short,you played right into their hands,and proved his point for him.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:42 pm 
Quad T88

Car: *insert car here*
+1 to challange him to a race... but at WSID..
street racing is bad..
anyone hear about the P plater MR2 that crashed in bringelly 2 nights ago??
apparently he was trying to overtake a car over unbroken lines in bad foggy & rainy weather.. what a smart cookie he is..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:37 am 
Twin T66

Car: 1988 Nissan Silvia Ks
whyte wrote:
+1 to challange him to a race... but at WSID..
street racing is bad..
anyone hear about the P plater MR2 that crashed in bringelly 2 nights ago??
apparently he was trying to overtake a car over unbroken lines in bad foggy & rainy weather.. what a smart cookie he is..

There are conflicting reports. Some say he just lost control. It was in the day time, and the road was damp but it wasn't raining. They were two brothers that died in the MR2 that crashed, and another brother was in another MR2 a couple of cars behind and saw the whole thing happen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:12 am 
TO4

Car: Silvia S13 Q
lol.. stupid man its okay for him to spend but not others ignorant ass

Why jump out of a perfectly good aircraft... Cause the door was open
www.simplyskydive.com - come, enjoy, seize the day and live life to the fullest..