Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:20 pm

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:45 pm 
Twin T51

Car: 180sx RB26DETT
~bb~ wrote:
Hmm... thats odd, I'm getting a turbo'd s15 (i'm 19, and on my green P's). It is going in the fathers name, he called up the RTA explaining the situation (he runs his own business, so he can be very persuasive.)

the chick said it will be fine, he just has to fill out the form and to bring it in for a quick approval (instead of handing it in and walking off, or posting). Unless she is shitting us, she sent an email to clarify his and dads phone call anyway. The other cars under the family are a twin turbo V6, or a 4 cylinder supercharger. the son drives the twin turbo v6 and mum and dad go to work in the supercharged car.

It also falls under public transport, as there are no busses in my area or near to get me too and from work.

I'll have limited hours to drive though, as im using it "to get too and from work" between 8am and 6pm, and it is partly used for work (as i have to drive to the bank). Boss has approved and signed off on the form for that too. Whenever i go out driving weekends, i always have someone with a full license in the car anyway...

I guess if you have ur family and work to back you up you can be in the all clear... Not too sure, but i sure as hell hope i don't have to go through the "exemption unit" if this is the case! sounds like they have no idea what they even do as a job.

i thought restrictions only apply to red Ps? does it apply to green Ps too now? wow if so it sux

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:14 am 
Twin T51

Car: 200sx s15
yes the exemption law applies to red and green P's... i have on the back of my license "Provisional driver must not drive prohibited vehicles"

im not affected by the other laws like the curvew with the 1 person passenger or any of that..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 2:02 pm 
T78

Car: 180SX Kouki
The restrictions only apply to your liscence if you got it after the law came out. If you had your lisc. before the law was instated, you are automatically exempted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:18 pm 
Twin T51

heerohua wrote:
The restrictions only apply to your liscence if you got it after the law came out. If you had your lisc. before the law was instated, you are automatically exempted.

does anyone know the date that law came out? because i've been on my greens for about a year and a half, i lost my license (as in dropped it so-to-speak and couldn't find it) and got another one, it had that on the back that i cant drive prohibited vehicles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:17 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: '97 180sx Type X
~bb~ wrote:
heerohua wrote:

does anyone know the date that law came out? because i've been on my greens for about a year and a half, i lost my license (as in dropped it so-to-speak and couldn't find it) and got another one, it had that on the back that i cant drive prohibited vehicles.

If you had your Ps within the period that would permit you to own a turbo car (aka 'before the laws') you would be on your golds by now.

EDIT: actuallyyou had to own the car in your name on your Ps before the law came in.

I think it was maybe july 2004 or 5 that the laws came in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:28 pm 
Twin T51

ah im not exempted then, it was July 11, 2005. I got my P's early December 2005.

oh well! not gonna turn back now. if i can't get an exemption they can talk to father-dear.. he's mates with all the DeeWhy police guys anyway.

or i play the dumb card

"turbo? its daddys car he said i could borrow it. i'm a stupid blonde, whats a turbo?"
:oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:15 am 
Quad T88

Car: *insert car here*
lol pete....
rta is pretty useless with these sorta things.. they have NFI about it and dunno wtf to do when you ask them questions relating to it..
all they want is your money and they're pretty much gonna deny it on the spot but they make you wait weeks for a letter to arrive..
only 8months to go, not long now mate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:59 am 
TO4

Car: s15
i jst went for my green last month im allowed to drive turbo car.. =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:55 am 
Twin T51

chindodood wrote:
i jst went for my green last month im allowed to drive turbo car.. =)

please advise? lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 11:21 am 
T66

Car: 180sx
I think age should be a factor in devising these kind of laws.
lets say for a mysterious reason, i didn't get my L or red of green P until i was over 25, in that case i should be exempted from non-turbo vehicle stuff because i am mature enough to distinguish between stupidity and real life!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:30 pm 
Twin T51

Mr-Silvia wrote:
I think age should be a factor in devising these kind of laws.
lets say for a mysterious reason, i didn't get my L or red of green P until i was over 25, in that case i should be exempted from non-turbo vehicle stuff because i am mature enough to distinguish between stupidity and real life!

That is very true..
or if you are over 40 and get your licence and can afford a very nice car that "happens" to be a V8 for example. It is possible, I see people who are alot older on their L's normally with their partner in the passenger seat.

And not all P platers are stupid. I've had my fair share of near-misses out of innexperience, but driving like a maniac on the roads; save it for the track.

Also if i had a penny for a full licenced person who has cut me off or not looked through a roundabout or their blind spot (have had 2 minor accidents from that) i'd be fairly rich! the only difference is older people arn't so stubborn and are appologetic thank god!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:46 pm 
T78

Car: 180SX Kouki
I really should go get my full lisc... been able to get them since last october... /lazy.... haha, i renewed my green's and didn't get any new conditions whacked on the back...first thing i checked when i get it done.

Oh, and i thought that if you were over 25 you had a few of the conditions auto-exempted? (not 100% sure ones these were though)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:44 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: Nissan Silvia Autech S15
i want a silvia wrote:
govich wrote:
Further, there are plenty of cars on the list which are low powered, and are banned. Why?

My E30 323i has 120rwkw, and yes it is nimble enough, certainly faster than a stock CA18DET, and it only weighs 1050kg.

yeah i totally agree with you. it seems that the government is sterotypical and bias at the same time. in my opinion they just need to set a specific power to weight ratio on vehicles. because i'm sure there are many V6 powered cars that are more powerful than an average 90's turbocharged jap import.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:26 pm 
Twin T66

Car: 1988 Nissan Silvia Ks
I'm now taking a three month holiday from driving as of January (50 days before I would have been getting my full licence) because I got caught 'not displaying P-plates properly' twice. :x

Yay for these ridiculous laws.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:50 pm 
TO4

Car: none
Damn pete that sucks big time.

I always pressure my friends to get off their darn P's so they dont have to display those P-plates. They really are idiots when they go to the RTA to RENEW their green Ps. P plates are just an excuse for coppers to book you for them not being displayed as they want and you'll end up losing your licence over bits of flappy plastic.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next