It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:47 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:32 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Tree Fiddy
SamBo wrote:
Yeah i don't get it. There really is no doubt he was in the wrong here, but some people seem to have difficulty owning up to their mistakes, no matter how obvious they are.

Its standard procedure to never admit fault in a car accident, at least until the matter is settled, no matter how blatant it is. You never know how much the other guy will take you to the cleaners for....or if there are extenuating circumstances.

I wouldn't go as far as trying to pin it on the other guy if it was me, but some people try and bluff their way through. If you admit fault, even if you're not, you'll still get fucked (hence the above).

When I've been in an accident, I usually say "We'll let the insurance companies decide" rather than start a brawl in the street. Just take lots of photos, and write notes of what happened while its still fresh in your mind (it may be admissible as evidence).

SamBo wrote:
On the plus side, when I reported it to my insurance company (Justcar) they were very helpful and sounded quite confident there would be no issues for me.

Yeah, in that situation they'd be laughing. Other car pulling out of a side street, hitting the rear quarter of your car, and with a speed hump you have to drive slowly over? Should the idiot try and contest it, JustCars would have a slam-dunk in court.

I would have done the same thing. Gotten the dude's accident details, taken some photos of the accident scene, called my insurer to report it and let them deal with it. I'm sure JustCars and their lawyers would put the fear of God into this guy far better (and legally) than you could.

I am sorry to hear about the accident dude. Glad to hear no-one was hurt, and now's the best opportunity to get your car sprayed in Queen St Pink :P

Go chrome or go home
Sneezin's Pleasin'
Da flutta is bred and butta
NOS is boss
Try to be different, just like everyone else
No boost? Ya just loost