Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:53 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:15 pm 
Offline
TO4
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:30 am
Posts: 208
Car: Silvia S13 K's
Sorry guys, not up to speed with this EPA crap, but does it take only 1 person to report you to receive a letter from the EPA? Or is it after a certain number of complaints?

Also, what if you have an outstanding EPA letter, and then you sell the car. Who is liable for the EPA clearance, the previous owner or the new owner?



P.S. - the EPA are fucktards. They have pretty much shut the company I work for (OneSteel) down. I bet you it was those bastards at BlueScope that reported us :x

_________________
Saving up for R35 GTR end of next year.....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:52 am 
Offline
Overlord
Overlord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2002 11:00 am
Posts: 4360
Location: Leading
Car: DeathWagon + Sil80 + Nugget
Have you managed to get your car passed yet Mr Bean?

_________________
Disclaimer: I actually DO know everything

Sil80 - SR20DET 231rwkw
Silvia Race Nugget - SR20DET 225rwkw
Stagea - DeathWagon - RB25DET 185rwkw.

My Lame Gallery: http://www.toomuchboost.com/gallery/main.php


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:08 am 
Offline
T03
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:54 pm
Posts: 136
Location: Sydney City.
Car: S12
kornzfreak_84 wrote:
Sorry guys, not up to speed with this EPA crap, but does it take only 1 person to report you to receive a letter from the EPA? Or is it after a certain number of complaints?


It's been a while since I received such letters (about 10 years ago) and it may have changed since - back in the day you needed to be reported by 3 seperate people to receive a friendly snail mail to go over the pits for an emissions check.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:13 am 
Offline
Twin T51
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:39 pm
Posts: 1011
Location: At your house =P
Car: 180sx RB26DETT
v1jilante wrote:
kornzfreak_84 wrote:
Sorry guys, not up to speed with this EPA crap, but does it take only 1 person to report you to receive a letter from the EPA? Or is it after a certain number of complaints?


It's been a while since I received such letters (about 10 years ago) and it may have changed since - back in the day you needed to be reported by 3 seperate people to receive a friendly snail mail to go over the pits for an emissions check.


ahaha it isnt hard.... 1 from his brother , 1 from the asshole himself and 1 from his sister thats 3 letters ^^ and the worst thing is that they dont need to put their name on the letter

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:26 am 
Offline
T03
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:54 pm
Posts: 136
Location: Sydney City.
Car: S12
blu80 wrote:
v1jilante wrote:
kornzfreak_84 wrote:
Sorry guys, not up to speed with this EPA crap, but does it take only 1 person to report you to receive a letter from the EPA? Or is it after a certain number of complaints?


It's been a while since I received such letters (about 10 years ago) and it may have changed since - back in the day you needed to be reported by 3 seperate people to receive a friendly snail mail to go over the pits for an emissions check.


ahaha it isnt hard.... 1 from his brother , 1 from the asshole himself and 1 from his sister thats 3 letters ^^ and the worst thing is that they dont need to put their name on the letter


I received warning letters first, then the emissions check one - they had the location reported on them too, so I knew where to avoid in future =)(there is a chemist on the corner of pitt st and redfern st in redfern that is particularly vigilant!)

Do the new letters have no location reported on then anymore?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:37 am 
Offline
T66

Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:16 am
Posts: 430
Car: granpa's jz83 cressida
no location printed on them, but i asked the epa and they told me where it got reported,
d'day is tomorow for the epa.. so please pray for me tonight lol.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:39 pm 
Offline
TO4

Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 6:37 pm
Posts: 230
Car: s15
I was sent to check my exhaust twice by some annoying f#ck at Roseberry couple of years ago.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:34 pm 
Offline
T66

Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:16 am
Posts: 430
Car: granpa's jz83 cressida
didnt pass, so its back to the drawing board... anyone want a cheap cefiro? lol so over car's atm

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:48 pm 
Offline
Admin Team
Admin Team
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:27 pm
Posts: 3870
Location: here
Car: Hello Kitty!
so what did you fail on?

_________________
meh


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:31 pm 
Offline
T66

Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:16 am
Posts: 430
Car: granpa's jz83 cressida
exhaust failed by almost 2db, "adjustable" plumbback bov, greedy plenum
fmic.... the cooler is engineered, however i now have to get a emisions test at botany to prove to him that the plenum hasnt changed vechile emissions.
basicaly he did me for anything he could.
thing that shits me is the test was done with other car's driving past and halfway under an awning... and to be just 2db off is fucked. my car is stupidly quite. now that i know how loud "legal" is. i cant think of a car on the street that ive ever heard that will pass.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:36 pm 
Offline
Admin Team
Admin Team
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2003 3:27 pm
Posts: 3870
Location: here
Car: Hello Kitty!
who did the testing? RTA?

I reckon you have a reasonable case to dispute the result as you have to be a certain distance from any walls etc for the dB testing.

_________________
meh


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:42 pm 
Offline
T66

Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:16 am
Posts: 430
Car: granpa's jz83 cressida
an r.t.a approved inspection station, there is only 2 that is listed. the db exhaust doesnt bother me, its the fact i got pinned for the bov, when its plumbed back because it was adjustable... the front mount is engineered and he still did me for that, same as the plenum... either way its government and i aint gona win, so i just gota get ready to be reamed by emissions..

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:45 pm 
Offline
Overlord
Overlord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2002 11:00 am
Posts: 4360
Location: Leading
Car: DeathWagon + Sil80 + Nugget
Problem is that if you consider selling it, you would have to sell it complete with the defect.

When is the emissions test?

_________________
Disclaimer: I actually DO know everything

Sil80 - SR20DET 231rwkw
Silvia Race Nugget - SR20DET 225rwkw
Stagea - DeathWagon - RB25DET 185rwkw.

My Lame Gallery: http://www.toomuchboost.com/gallery/main.php


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:27 pm 
Offline
T66

Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:16 am
Posts: 430
Car: granpa's jz83 cressida
27th this month.... thats next available, it can be re arranged whenever...
the tester said i can go back and get exhaust and boc cleared, then just get the test done and send that to the decc... so in essence it will be road legal.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:58 pm 
Offline
TO4

Joined: Sun May 14, 2006 6:37 pm
Posts: 230
Car: s15
Mr Bean wrote:
27th this month.... thats next available, it can be re arranged whenever...
the tester said i can go back and get exhaust and boc cleared, then just get the test done and send that to the decc... so in essence it will be road legal.



speaking of exhaust - steel wool makes good difference


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group