Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:07 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:25 pm 
Quad T78

Car: S14a
heerohua wrote:
Yeah... based upon the general reactions and also mindset of most of those they are target, i presume probably 1/5 attempts to pull over any 'hoons' car will result in a high speed chase, and then quite possibly a crash/injury/death to the 'hoon', passengers, public, or even a numerous amount of innocents are the police try to chase them down... I just like how they keep coming up with newer and more innovative ideas to 'keep everyone safe'....

^ True that.

Whats goint to hapen when they crush some bros WRX?? a few cop shops will get shot up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:40 pm 
Quad T88

Car: S15
Leif wrote:
Magnet wrote:
Leif wrote:
The best we can do is destroy the stigma that a bunch of hoons have brought upon us

Don't you mean, the stigma the media has brought upon us?

What I mean is that hoons create this reputation/stigma. People are out there being clowns on the road, but the media then blankets the stigma over a lot more people than it applies to e.g. p-platers who happen to drive imports and don't want any trouble

Thinking about it, i don't know any proper hoons with an 13/14/15, only ones who cut sik. What really gives me the shits is when you see some p-plater in an old como full of their mates and themselves flying down the road that doesn't stop or turn, or ones doing stupid shit like running red lights and doing wicked understeer skids aorund corners. Hoons with 13/14/15s are generally pretty good as they don't want to stuff up their car, so they either don't try or they can control a car pretty well. Burnouts and stuff are pretty harmless.

Arkhaeon wrote:
It would be nice though, if instead of treating you like a criminal when you havent done anything wrong, they spoke to you with a degree of respect

Generally everytime i get pulled over i get "turn your fucking engine off" and "get your fucking license out". I've only ever been pulled over once without being drilled, the party van got me, RBT'd me and let me go, done in 2 minutes, i was amazed.

I'm usually a smartass though, only when i haven't done anything wrong which is 90% of the time, so it doesn't help the situation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:50 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
i watched this today, fucken hell. why were they interviewing that retard dickhead??? did it really have something to do with the accident that sparked it all? he was 19. werent the drivers of the shitty commodores in their late 30s?? why didnt they interview them instead??

i cant believe how biased this shit it, and the fact that people believe it as well!! why are some people so fucking stupid????

no wonder i dont watch the news or current affairs. there is no point, its all bullshit. give me the chaser anyday!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:43 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

How can the public possibly form an opinion from a source that is more interested in getting people to watch their program (ie. $$$) than reporting unbiased info?

Until Current Affair programs aren't run for profit (ie. never) we are all screwed...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:08 am 
Quad T88

Serial Killa wrote:
How can the public possibly form an opinion from a source that is more interested in getting people to watch their program (ie. $$$) than reporting unbiased info?

... go democracy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:26 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Magnet wrote:
Serial Killa wrote:

... go democracy!

When the people in charge of researching "information" are the same ones presenting said "information" I'm surprised these programs get as many viewers as they do.

Then again, from my years of experience dealing with the public and browsing nissansilvia.com it is apparent that most people can't form an opinion of their own anyway.

once again... we are all screwed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:19 am 
Quad T88

I don't bother trying to do the right thing anymore, i get looked at like i've just raped and eaten 50 babies when driving down the street doing nothing wrong. There was a point where i would pull over and blast the people giving me dirty looks. I earn it now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:09 pm 
Quad T04

Car: XR4
that was the funniest thing i have ever seen. I used to cruise with the guy that was in the interview (Jono) He's even driven my car! lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:43 pm 

Car: MKV Golf
I wouldn't admit to knowing that clown! :P

I was mortified as to what he was saying. Hopefully he wraps himself around a tree and stops wasting everyone's oxygen.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:48 pm 
Quad T04

please do not say that he has a really kind heart and was a good friend of mine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:58 pm 

Fair enough - I didn't know he was your friend. Sorry about that.

Seeing as you know him, you might want to talk some sense into him though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:05 pm 
Quad T04

I havent spoken to him since i broke up with my ex, and i also missed most of the interview so i am unsure as to what he said.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:08 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
he said that he drove 280km/h on a public road and a lot of other stuff that would probably get him arrested for even thinking about doing that. then they said he didnt have a licence and followed with footage of him driving a car lol

it was a completely shithouse article and you didnt miss much except some bleating of whingers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:14 pm 
Quad T04

ah k. I'm not his mother so i cannot tell him off because i have also driven unlicensed and also broken the road laws.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:19 pm 

The link to the story is on the right hand side of this page for anyone who hasn't seen it...

http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next