Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:18 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:23 pm 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
so have a lot of people mandy, but we dont go on tv and tell everyone about it :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:53 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S13
ZEi20T wrote:
so have a lot of people mandy, but we dont go on tv and tell everyone about it :P

or post about it on a public forum ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:07 pm 
Quad T78

Car: S14a
Mandy wrote:
please do not say that he has a really kind heart and was a good friend of mine.
No his a dick head
Mandy wrote:
ah k. I'm not his mother so i cannot tell him off because i have also driven unlicensed and also broken the road laws.

And so are you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:35 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
I wonder how happy C&V are at having their workshop displayed as part of that piece?

that kid is an idiot as well.
who in their right mind admits to stuff like that? much less goes out and does it! you might as well cut up your own license and buy a case of KY in preparation for the gaol time you'll soon be having.

290km/h in ANY car on ANY public road is just plain stupid. there's NO need for it,period.
especially in this country. our roads aren't good enough,the average car on our roads can't safely do it,and the drivers don't have the ability to do it properly. especially when the driver in question is a half-witted,teenaged fool in an overpowered commodore.

it's going to take him killing someone before he realises he's a fool and unfortunately it's already too late then.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:22 am 
T78

Car: 180SX Kouki
Well.. i have to agree.. i've just now seen the video and that guy is a complete and utter fuckin idiot... next time you see him mandy, smack him upside his head for me please... he deserves the fate that's more than likely coming to him...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:32 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S15
heerohua wrote:
Well.. i have to agree.. i've just now seen the video and that guy is a complete and utter fuckin idiot... next time you see him mandy, smack him upside his head for me please... he deserves the fate that's more than likely coming to him...

im usually quick to defend people on Current Affairs programs by saying "They probably edited it to make them sound bad"

But that dude really seems to have brought it on himself??

Prove me wrong, if you will Mandy, but i don't see the reason for him to be admitting to such things?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:18 am 
Overlord
Overlord

Car: DeathWagon + Sil80 + Nugget
I really would be surprised if that kid had been up to 290, but that said he did admit he was an idiot. It will be a shame if he takes someone else out before he takes himself out.

How many people here have taken their cars to the limit on a public street? I know that most of those preaching here did when they were younger (and alot still do). Why don't you go to the racetrack?

On another note, alot of people are going on about us not having enough racetracks and whatnot. Do other countries have a higher number of racetracks than we do?

Sil80 - SR20DET 231rwkw
Silvia Race Nugget - SR20DET 225rwkw
Stagea - DeathWagon - RB25DET 185rwkw.

My Lame Gallery: http://www.toomuchboost.com/gallery/main.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:53 am 

Car: MKV Golf
Isn't Wednesday nights at WSID set up to combat this sort of stuff anyway? People are trying to do something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:26 pm 
Takumi

Car: Silvia
it's easier and cheaper to go to a race track here than it is in most countries, and it's getting more and more cost effective compared to risking doing anything on the street.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:28 pm 
Quad T78

BT wrote:
Isn't Wednesday nights at WSID set up to combat this sort of stuff anyway? People are trying to do something.

Did any one go to WSID 2 weeks ago?

Cause if they want you to go to the track maybe they shouldnt have a big police operation and pull every one over and do them on the way home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:37 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
^^^ What he said. pretty much every time I've been to an event at a race track in the last few years there have been police lying in wait around the corner to pull spectators and entrants alike over as they leave.

why would you rush to turn up to run at a street meeting at WSID when you'll likely get defected on your way home after you've just paid and waited patiently to race the sensible way? do the right thing,and you STILL get fucked over... it's a no-win scenario.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:34 pm 
Quad T78

Not saying dont go to the track (DO GO) I'm just saying if they want people to go dont do them on the way home.

How many times have you seen the cops on cobity road on the way home from OP?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:29 pm 
Twin T66

Car: CA18DET 180sx
BT wrote:

The 'theory' of track time is awesome, great, and you would believe it's the fix for the problem BUT!!!

The actual problem is not the people that go to the track and have a race, these peoiple know their car can do what they expect it to do, and enjoy giving the car a thrash, they are not insulted or bothered if they loose a race, they are there to have fun, and they do have fun.

There there are dickheads that think their are all that, they best shit since the invention of cars, and brag about how powerful and awesome their cars are. They thrive of racing people at the lights, because 9/10 times, the people at the lights are not expecting a race, and therefore not even trying when the flog-off "thrashes them".

It's these dickwads that re the problem, even if track days are free, they cant afford to go there and have their rides shamed, so they ahve to race on the streets against people not even expecting a race.

What needs to happen is the government needs to set up a nice wide straight road in the middle of Penrith or some other area where fuckwits frequent, and put MASSIVE telegraph poles about 3 meters apart down both sides of the thing, make it a 1-way street and strangely enough have a set of traffic lights at the beginning of the wide section.

Once this is set up, get jobless druggy loosers to be on standby on that road with spatulars and shovels, and let Darwinism take control of the situation, if your smart, you will avoid the area, if your stupid and deserve to die, the telegraph poles will take charge.

Not only will it remove the idiots and their cars, it will give jobless druggies real legit jobs, it will feed the scrap metal industry, and keep tow truck drivers emlpyed as well, it's a win-win situation.

B.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:32 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S15
Brian for PM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:15 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: 2000 200sx S15 Spec R (Japan)
amen to that

save ont eh cost of crushing them too, the telegraph poles can do that as well

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next