Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:33 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:54 am 

Car: Skoda Octavia RS
Side_On wrote:
Reminds me of when i got defected and the defect slip had sed...

'Toyota Silvia' ................ :roll:

i hope you got out of the defect because last time i checked, toyota didnt make a silvia therefore that cop wasnt doing his job properly. and your car may not have been defective.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:46 am 
Quad T66

Car: 200sx
California police urge cops here to crush vehicles:

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/s ... 32,00.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:02 pm 
Banned

Car: 1991 RPS13 180SX
If someone crushed my car, Id go postal.

There goes the reduced death toll right there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:38 pm 
T03

Car: JDM S15
But will this system really work ? or will it just increase car theft. If this legislation is passed through the parliment we might have hoons become like junkies but instead of junkies stealing stuff to pay for drug you will have hoons stealing cars to race

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:43 pm 
Banned

Car: 1991 RPS13 180SX
I reckon theres a damn good chance of crime going up..

"Fuckers.. my car with all those mods is now gone.. Well I can get a new FMIC from that 180 parket over there.. theres a nice turbo.. coilovers on that one.."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:37 pm 
T78

Car: 180SX Kouki
Yeah, Fergo hits the nail on the head with this scenario... This sort of idea is just ludicrous... you may have your valuable posession taken from you based upon another citizens personal opinion on a scenario, due to him/her being given the power to do this based upon his or her profession... I just don't see how this is a good solution due to all the backlash that will be caused by this method of enforcement.. What the hell is going through their minds??? :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:33 pm 
T51

Car: S12
heerohua wrote:
What the hell is going through their minds??? :x

"law and order ticket" votes of course.

To be honest I wouldn't be too worried about this, I don't think the courts would accept it. I have an impression that (Australian) judges prefer to hand down impersonal punishments, whereas this proposal has decidely personal implications. I also think the point about this having the potential to cause fuckwits to steal nice cars to "hoon" in them has a fair bit of merit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:58 am 
T78 Hybrid

Car: s13
true mate they should go learn about cars toyota silvia you should have told him it was a charade he wouldve believed u lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:30 am 
T88 Hybrid

Car: Nissan silvia s13
what are they going to do next? Ikm over and u would be tagged a criminal and a serious offender.

I am going to say it again police should do something that helps assit in real crimes. In the CBD for example in the main part they are heavily understaffed. How do I know this, the top brass, council and my boss was in the meeting and talking about how to overcome the situation we are having at the hotel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:49 am 
T78 Hybrid

Car: s13
yeh thats true they just want to hassle people by pulling them over and defectin u for ur car theres enough laws as there is already :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:54 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: silvia s13
If they really want to support us in "legally" enjoying our hobby, the government should work on making tracks available for our use more often.. Instead of spending money on crushing cars and passing laws through parliment they should put some money into the race tracks- possibly making track days cheaper and more affordable for everyone!! Maybe even throw up a few more tracks around the place giving more people easier access to tracks- now pretty much only the people who live out west are only within 20mins from the tracks! Its funny how theres a golf coarse, footy field, soccer field, netball field, skate parks and bmx tracks in almost every council/district but theres only 3 race tracks in NSW for us "hoons" to use IF they are open!

Its a bunch of bullshit! If they want to really stop these activities going on on the streets then they gotta pull their fingers out and work towards providing places for us to go..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:55 pm 
Quad T78

Car: S14a
^ Or if they want you to go to the track they could not wait to asre f**k you when your leaving it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:09 pm 

they cant give us somwhere to drive, because then the greenies will whinge about the amount of pollution thats caused, and blame the continuance of el nino on motorsports in NSW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:35 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
why would they want to SPEND money supporting OUR hobby? especially when they can MAKE MONEY FROM US through crackdowns like this.

we have to understand that noone is responsible for our hobby but us. the government doesn't care about us,and what we enjoy doing - as in driving our cars for pleasure,not just as transport. it doesn't win them votes building more racetracks. they DO win themselves more votes when they pull half-arsed stunts like this picking on car enthusiasts,as there aren't that many of us,but there are a LOT of families out there who feel threatened for some un-fathomable reason by people with cars that make a bit of noise,and if they can make those people feel safer as they cruise around obvliviously in their diesel landcruisers,they stay in power.

government is about getting into,and then staying in power,not about the public interest.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:37 pm 

speaking of noise i remember at your place the woman asked us to not make noise when they walked their kid past because loud sounds might scare him. ROFL!!!! its people like them that complain.

good call on the 'bubble kid' i still laugh thinking about it hehe

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next