Silvia Club of NSW

Why drive when you can drift?
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:56 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:48 pm 
T78

Car: 180SX Kouki
I simply agree with Ark... Fuck those fucking fuckers!

I'm now even concidering just moving to another country... this place is all fucked up and introducing too many rediculously ludicrous laws to enforce bullshit conspired up by a knee-jerk reaction via the meida, in regards to not new events, but ones which have been happening for a long long time now..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:17 pm 
Quad T66

Car: 200sx
wow... who are these idiots coming up with these ideas ? and why do they even have a voice in society ?

they are as retarded and irrational as that harold guy from the pedestrian council.

the only rational reaction to these suggestions, is to throw the idiots off a cliff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:18 pm 

Car: MKV Golf
This seems a good time to remind everyone of:

RULE #19 wrote:
19. No abusive 'bashing' of Police or other Government Officials. We like to think that for the most part we have a good relationship with N.S.W. Police, and we do not want to gain a reputation as trouble makers due to immature online slander. This could lead to permanent monitoring of the forums and tarnish our reputation as a law abiding club. Our 'Bitching' forum is NOT a place to bad mouth Police because you broke the law in some way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:08 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
uh huh,just remember that big brother is watching. Obey big brother's instructions to the letter. don't question. don't criticise. it's for your own good after all.

Justin... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:24 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: silvia s13
i think its bullshit and way over the top.. It'l never pass! If it does pass cops better learn to drive some "hoon cars" because they're gonna need em if they want keep up with all us run-a-ways!!! :evil: lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:17 am 
T78 Hybrid

Car: 93' 180sx
Not to sound offensive to your comment but if you're not doing anything wrong why would they need to chase you?

Bottom line is if your not doing anything wrong you have no need to worry even if these "ideas" do come into effect. If by chance you're innocent, running from them won't help prove your side to the story.

Yes its unfair, yes imports do get picked on, but until society realises that not all car enthusiests are "hoons" we dont have a leg to stand on besides obeying rules that we dont have the power to change.

Unfortunately this is where the people making the rules should be listening to all sides instead of putting us all in the one category.

Anyways thats my 2 cents, once again this was in no way meant to offend bluesilvia but to give my opinion on a matter all of us here will no doubt be dreading as like many things in life, a few bad ones ruin it for the rest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:53 am 
Banned

Car: 1991 RPS13 180SX
stallion180 wrote:
if you're not doing anything wrong why would they need to chase you?

They DONT need to chase you, but they do anyway. We get unfairly targetted by cops; you hear stories every day of people getting followed for ages, tailgated, pulled over for "random breath tests" etc.

It doesnt matter if youre doing everything right. If youre driving an import/modified vehicle, youre a hoon and youre going to get grilled about "illegal street racing" and "drifting".
Ive had countless "random breath tests" in which I didnt even get breath tested. They just try to defect me, then accuse me of being a street racer. Im also asked when and where the racing is going on :lol:
Ive now taken to showing my wakefield licence and saying "there are open days many times a week. my friends and I race there". Its amazing how quickly the cop goes from being an angry prick to a human being after that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:04 pm 

Car: MKV Golf
fergo308 wrote:
uh huh,just remember that big brother is watching. Obey big brother's instructions to the letter. don't question. don't criticise. it's for your own good after all.

Justin... :roll:

You can question and criticise for sure, but some of the language is getting pretty colourful and we don't need that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:50 pm 
T78

I was pulled over this mornin on the way to work (He pushed in to a left only turning lane to cut in front of the car behind me at the lights JUST to be able to pull me over), and when i asked what the problem was (After saying good morning to the officer of course) i got told "We are doing RBT's on P Platers" then he proceeded to quickly pass that bit then ask me about my modifications to the car and told me he was going to check for defects, i mentioned "My car is stock sir, but you're welcome to check" i popped my bonnet, he had a look, no idea what he was looking at, and told me to have a nice day and drove off... a part from not getting hassled any further, i was also 25minutes late to work cos of this n got scolded for it :(

Just wanted to have a whinge cos i just lost half an hours pay this mornin =/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:53 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: silvia s13
LOL... that's messed up- the cop got paid for doing nothing n you lose 1/2hrs pay just because you drive an import with a P plate..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 11:58 pm 
T78 Hybrid

Car: s13
thats stupid they cant bring that crushing business out here loosers they can crush some hwp cars

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:01 am 
T78 Hybrid

Car: s13
last time copper was tryin to defect my mate he was soundin like he was the guy from fast n furious lol he didnt even know what kind of car it was ahaha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:20 am 
T51

Car: R32 GTR
Reminds me of when i got defected and the defect slip had sed...

'Toyota Silvia' ................ :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:56 am 
T78

Side_On wrote:
Reminds me of when i got defected and the defect slip had sed...

'Toyota Silvia' ................ :roll:

I'd cop the defect on the chin just for the sake of having a defect sticker claiming i owned a Toyota Silvia... Very rare & unique car then =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:12 am 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
BT wrote:
You can question and criticise for sure, but some of the language is getting pretty colourful and we don't need that.

I understand. I wasn't having a go at the team HERE. more at who we're discussing within this thread.

as Ark has said,you'd think that if you obey the law you wouldn't have any hassles.

the trouble is though that that isn't the case.

guys (and occasionally girls) in modified cars,guys in imported cars,and guys with P plates get regularly targeted regardless of whether they're doing anything wrong or not. if you fit all three of those profiles at the same time,you're truly screwed,you may as well pull over,get your license out,and pop the bonnet as soon as you see a police vehicle in traffic behind you.
especially if there's been a publicised incident on the roads within the last couple of months. THAT is what we have the shits with. someone else does something stupid out there (in this case two bogans in commodores),and everyone feels the repercussions.
I'll cop it sweet if I am stuffing around and get caught,but when all it takes is for some prick in a white car with lights on it's roof who's on a power trip to accuse you of doing something that you're not doing,based on his opinion of the model of car you drive,and that that accusation may see you forfeit your car to the government and they can then sell it and pocket the money for themselves has me just a little bit pissed off.

Justin...

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next