It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:07 am

All times are UTC + 10 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 7:12 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Tree Fiddy
Arkhaeon wrote:
My dealings with cops from other areas have been much more pleasant; the case Kyle mentioned about the NYE cop is a good example.

Its interesting you should say that about American cops.

Top Gear has a great article on canyon racers in LA (i.e. touge), and even the fearsome LAPD seems to be taking a "reasonable" approach to enforcement.

Good read.

Go chrome or go home
Sneezin's Pleasin'
Da flutta is bred and butta
NOS is boss
Try to be different, just like everyone else
No boost? Ya just loost

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 7:29 pm 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: S15
Scathing wrote:
Arkhaeon wrote:
My dealings with cops from other areas have been much more pleasant; the case Kyle mentioned about the NYE cop is a good example.

Its interesting you should say that about American cops.

Top Gear has a great article on canyon racers in LA (i.e. touge), and even the fearsome LAPD seems to be taking a "reasonable" approach to enforcement.

Good read.

NYE = New Years Ever

NYC = NYC

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 8:12 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: '02 200sx
3 years ago now I got a warning for speeding (Laughs) I was driving to work, and i noticed a VX commo looking suspicious but the 2 guys had windows down all way and plain clothed. Few lights later i took off normally, then some VT gave it a bit of stick, so i was like fuck it, and just floored it, and backed off just after getting in 3rd, was doing bout 130km.h (70 zone) backed off, then turned down a few streets, this car was following me, they pulled my over, asked if i knew what i was pulled over for, i said yeah, i was doing bout 80-90, they said try like 110-115, i said nah was bout 90, anyway they let me off with warning, phew would of been instant loss of licence

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:52 pm 

Car: WGNC34,S14,AE86
that kind of entrapment is quite common. I've been on the receiving end of it plenty of times,and my girlfriend didn't believe my stories of it until one afternoon when I was with her driving her S14 through the city.

we were cruising past central on our way out west when I spotted an XR6 following me as I calmly worked my way through the traffic. the ford had dark tints,and was making a point of sitting quite close behind us whenever we had a clear run forward. I didn't take the bait and sat on the limit.
eventually as we moved through a group of dawdlers,I pulled into the rught lane and let him come alongside. as I did,I told my girlfriend to look at the guys in the car and see if they were uniformed,which,surprise surprise, it turned out that they were.
had I been alone,I reckon I'd have been pulled over for an 'RBT'.
I looked over at the driver at that point,and by the look I gave him I made sure he knew that I knew that he'd been there the whole time and that he didn't deserve any more notice once he'd shown himself.

they turned off at the next side street.

wankers.

Justin...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:10 pm 
Quad T88

Car: S15
There're highway cars with p-plates every so often stopping for food at thornleigh maccas, pretty dirty. We were thinking about getting the plates and reporting them; young p-platers street racing/hooning. We can play their game too.

I drove past a blue XR8 with red Ps the other day, dark tints, but i saw it was a chick. Next thing i know someone pulls straight out infront of me and i had to lock up, enraged i stepped off the clutch and let it have it for a fair while then shot off through traffic and turned at the next street. Then i see this thing following me, i thought it's just some chick who's playing games, so i hit 2 corners hard and lost them.

I didn't put the pieces together until i got home that it was a highway car, nice to have a win for a change.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:25 pm 
T28 Hybrid

Car: R33 GTR
I've had an actual highway patrol officer tell me they have a quota per shift of penalties and fines they have to issue. The quota is low, and they would get it without the provocation and other tactics they use.

Straight from the academy the new highway patrol are told to target the people most likely to react, and if they don't make them. If they didnt have the stereotypes in the media, they would loose all reasoning behind their methods and be powerless.

I think we can all agree, the highway patrol are dicks.

mrsil80 wrote:
im the ass-clown award winner

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:27 am 
T88 Hybrid

Car: Nissan silvia s13
It certainly wouldnt be the job I would like to do because whatever u do u will go unappreciated!!!! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:45 am 
Banned

Car: 1991 RPS13 180SX
No; as I mentioned in my previous post, some highway patrol officers do their job and only target people doing the wrong thing. These guys have my respect. Youre only going to be unappreciated if you are a dead-set fuckwit.

Are you a dead-set fuckwit?

If youre not, then you wont have a problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 3:30 pm 
T03 Hybrid

Car: S14a 200sx
i have one for you, i was driving home with my gf when a commador lost it behind me so i speed up and the cops were at the top of the street, got me 104 in a 70 zone when i told him that the commador almost hit me he smile at me and said next time you will let him hit you and his mate smiled at me too, now i have done advance driving and i was told to avoid a crash, so 3 month off from driving $600 fine and 4 points on my license the next fucken day i got rear ended form a commador lol why god why.

ps i just got that rear bar form body form so it was back to peters for a new one :(

"if i pust her any harder captan, she'll blow!!!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 10:42 am 
SilviaNSW Supporter
SilviaNSW Supporter

Car: Tree Fiddy
Yeah, some cops are tards like that.

I once had to stop because some cunts had put a trolley in the middle of the road, which I hit and pushed into a parked car, and then they started throwing bottles at my car.

I fucked off home, and when I went to the cop shop afterwards to report it they had a go at me for fleeing the scene of an accident. I told them I left because of people throwing shit at me, and they said it didn't matter.

Easy for them to fucking say, when you're not carrying a baton and a sidearm with a legal privilege to beat the shit out of a mob of drunken idiots throwing glass at you.

I was *this* close to asking them if suicide was still illegal and if so was it a more serious offense than fleeing the scene of an accident where no-one got injured, since staying there might have gotten me killed.

Go chrome or go home
Sneezin's Pleasin'
Da flutta is bred and butta
NOS is boss
Try to be different, just like everyone else
No boost? Ya just loost